MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2011, 06:45 AM   #21
MrBoom

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
A Bike: 2013 RSV4 R
B Bike: 2010 RSV4 Factory
PPIHC A Bike: 2007 SXV 550
PPIHC B Bike: 2007 SXV 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
I MIGHT let those guys touch my RSV. There's no way in I'd let them at my SXV. My SXV needs work............its going to AF1.
Houston Superbikes has done great work on my 1098. They fixed ecu issues that Lunsford couldn't. I don't have an Aprilia, but I know the quality of work they do at HSB, and I'm pleased and I'm an when it comes to people working on my bikes, boats, cars, etc. If it's Italian, I'd let them do the work on my stuff.
MrBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chix's DIY Aprilia SXV 550 project chixwithtrix General Discussion (Moto Related) 82 01-24-2012 03:08 PM
aprilia SXV rear spring Chubby Racer Super Motards 6 07-22-2011 01:15 PM
Brand new 07 Aprilia SXV 450 only $3,900 brandontx Taking it to the Track 2 01-30-2011 07:17 PM
Roland Sands SXV 4.5 RoadRacer Concept: Aprilia considers production jodyhudson Taking it to the Track 7 10-19-2008 08:31 AM
Aprilia SXV 5.5 wins 2008 Pikes Peak Hill Climb jodyhudson Taking it to the Track 27 07-24-2008 04:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2011, 08:11 AM   #22
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBoom View Post
Houston Superbikes has done great work on my 1098. They fixed ecu issues that Lunsford couldn't. I don't have an Aprilia, but I know the quality of work they do at HSB, and I'm pleased and I'm an when it comes to people working on my bikes, boats, cars, etc. If it's Italian, I'd let them do the work on my stuff.
Like I said, I might let them work on my RSV. However, I've heard they're associated with Ex-Imports and their service department left a bad taste in my mouth so I'll let someone else take their Aprilias their first.

The SXV's motor is particularly tricky, and I KNOW that AF1 knows them well. I'd rather make the drive than take the gamble.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:24 AM   #23
MrBoom

Bike(s):

I don't think they are associated with Eximport. Bobby setup shop close to Eximport to compete against them better. They are very good on the technical things that dealers can't figure out. The only associated with Eximport that I know of is that HSB ended up with the Aprilia franchise that Eximport had.

I hated Eximport too. Botched up my pre-order BMW S-1000rr order and tried to cover it up. Jackasses.

Anyway, AF1 is top notch, no doubt, but a bit of a drive. Give HSB a try. I was reluctant, but after Lunsford failed to fix my bike and said come pick it up, we can't do anything with it, I gave HSB a try. I'm very happy with the level of service and quality of work and pricing.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:31 AM   #24
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Give HSB a try.
Not with the SXV. I'll let someone with deeper pockets test them out first.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 05-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #25
MrBoom

Bike(s):

I'm still thinking of the SXV. They seem like they would be much more fun on the track than an RS125.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #26
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)

I frequent Supemotojunkie.com. The SXV reviews are excellent as far as on track ability and fun factor. The down side of course is reliability. You may want to do a lot research before you pull the trigger. Then again, if you have to have one, you have to have one.

I think your screen name may be foreshadowing.........
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team
wiayeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 02:28 PM   #27
Gaston

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Husaberg FE450

Quote:
Anyway, AF1 is top notch, no doubt, but a bit of a drive.
Back when I owned my SXV, AF1 offered a pick-up service every two weeks for all Aprilias in Houston needing service. The charge wasn't bad either. Only downside is that you would have to either pick-up the bike at their shop later, or wait until the next truck was headed to Houston. Give them a call, they may still offer this.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #28
SGT USMC 0311

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
"Budweiser" F4 Track
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 1100S
HOODAKA ROAD TOAD (...DEAD JIM)
Kestrel Road
Titus Racer X

Member Garage

Quote:
Like I said, I might let them work on my RSV. However, I've heard they're associated with Ex-Imports and their service department left a bad taste in my mouth so I'll let someone else take their Aprilias their first.

The SXV's motor is particularly tricky, and I KNOW that AF1 knows them well. I'd rather make the drive than take the gamble.
I can stake my life on the fact they are not associated with Ex-Imports. I have purchased a few bikes from Houston Superbikes and they service them all. They do excellent work and their customer service is world class.

Last edited by SGT USMC 0311; 06-01-2011 at 03:03 PM.
SGT USMC 0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #29
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT USMC 0311 View Post
I can stake my life on the fact they are not associated with Ex-Imports. I have purchased a few bikes from Houston Superbikes and they service them all. They do excellent work and their customer service is world class.

Even still, the SXV motor is a particular PITA. I'd rather take it to AF1 that has proven that they know SXVs specifically rather than a dealership that """knows Italians."""

However, thanks for the heads up on them not being associated with Ex-imports, thats good to know.

CMRA #302
Old 06-01-2011, 03:34 PM   #30
SGT USMC 0311

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
"Budweiser" F4 Track
DUCATI HYPERMOTARD 1100S
HOODAKA ROAD TOAD (...DEAD JIM)
Kestrel Road
Titus Racer X

Member Garage

Quote:
Even still, the SXV motor is a particular PITA. I'd rather take it to AF1 that has proven that they know SXVs specifically rather than a dealership that """knows Italians."""

However, thanks for the heads up on them not being associated with Ex-imports, thats good to know.
No problem, I had TONS of issues with Ex-Imports as well....so I know your pain first hand.

HSBKS is the real deal.

Advertisement