MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #61
pinball
I got slow

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Thanks to everyone that made it out. It was nice seeing some new faces, and I hope to see you guys out again soon. It was a gorgeous day, and a great ride. No one went down, so that's a big bonus. I'll get some of the pic I took up ASAP.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Noob-ish Ride, Saturday, 9-24-2011 EMTAggie Events, Meets and Rides 31 09-25-2011 10:25 PM
Noob-ish Ride---Saturday 9/17 pinball Events, Meets and Rides 73 09-20-2011 12:19 AM
Noob-ish Ride---Saturday 8/6 pinball Events, Meets and Rides 15 08-06-2011 01:19 PM
Noob-ish Ride---Saturday 7/30 pinball Events, Meets and Rides 85 08-02-2011 03:59 AM
Noob-ish Ride Round 3---6/4 pinball Events, Meets and Rides 29 06-08-2011 09:51 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-14-2011, 03:50 PM   #62
Chuckster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Had a blast. Thanks pinball for setting this up. It's nice to have experienced riders there to help out the new guys. Watching Fred go motard riding up the should was kinda funny.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #63
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Had a blast. Thanks pinball for setting this up. It's nice to have experienced riders there to help out the new guys. Watching Fred go motard riding up the should was kinda funny.
Definitely. Big thanks to EMTAggie, DeadFred and Sheepdog for the extra eyes. Celine's input was spot on and much appreciated, too.

Everyone did great. Some were new to riding in general...others were just new to group riding. There were some times we had quite a bit of space between us, but the group never looked ragged.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #64
Chuckster

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Yeah, I appreciate Celine's I out about how those tar strips might make your bike get loose when going through a corner. Experienced that on the ride back with you and EMT. Didn't catch me out though since I was told to expect it. . After I split from you and EMT at 59, I went back down crab river. Saw a couple of real winners going the route we took. 1 was a 2 up ZX-14, no helmets, jackets or anything. Second was 2 guys riding 2 up (kinda gay) neither had helmets and were in shorts with no shirts (I think this completed the gay equation).
Old 05-14-2011, 06:51 PM   #65
EMTAggie
Molon Labe

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600RR Track
2006 R6

Great ride. Glad we all kept it 2 wheels down and got home safe. Hopefully I didn't scare anyone by not catching up....sorry about that, shouldn't have been going that fast. Good meeting some new people, don't forget to come out to the SE meet at Twin Peaks on Wednesdays in Webster. Good to see some familiar faces, Aaron and Scott's (?) chick...... jk Jeremy. Thanks and Gig Em' y'all!!

AXO, P1 Racing/SCRC, Fastline MCS,Vapor Sense, Suomy, HookIt
CMRA #510
EMTAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #66
Oski

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
11 250 kawi rip
07 gsxr

Deff a good ride. Had a lot of fun. Can't wait for the next one. Hopefully its soon
Oski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 11:27 PM   #67
Malena

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
gxsr 1000

Thanks for the great ride....sorry we had to cut loose early but it was a nice ride let me know if ya do it again..... Thanks EMT for the eyes in the back
Malena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #68
EMTAggie
Molon Labe

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600RR Track
2006 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malena View Post
Thanks for the great ride....sorry we had to cut loose early but it was a nice ride let me know if ya do it again..... Thanks EMT for the eyes in the back

AXO, P1 Racing/SCRC, Fastline MCS,Vapor Sense, Suomy, HookIt
CMRA #510
EMTAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 07:26 AM   #69
Chuckster

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Pinball, next time give a few day notice and I'll bring the camcorder to post up in some of the beds on a tripod and get some video that way. May ever a different perspective that the classic Gopro view. Maybe EMT and I can ride ahead (not at double posted ) and set up to catch the group doing passes.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:09 AM   #70
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
Pinball, next time give a few day notice and I'll bring the camcorder to post up in some of the beds on a tripod and get some video that way. May ever a different perspective that the classic Gopro view. Maybe EMT and I can ride ahead (not at double posted ) and set up to catch the group doing passes.
Will do. Next time I'll shorten the route a little by taking some of the straights out. That way we'll be able to ride the twisties back and forth a few times. Plenty of opportunities to set up a camera that way.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #71
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
Great ride.. sorry i'm just posting now.. lol
Had great inputs from Celine, Pinball, EMT and a couple other guys.
Great group to know what you need to work on as a noob in general.
Hope to ride with you guys again.!
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement