MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
typehxr1
Gear Geek

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR1000RR

Dainese leather

I posted a more lengthy question the Gear Talk section. Big question here. Anyone regret getting a Dainese leather product, particularly a jacket, and regretted it (aside from getting a white jacket and having a hard time keeping it clean)? Had a friend who hated it? Went down and they got torn up as Patrick has previously stated he's seen? I am looking at the Racing and Alien jackets.
typehxr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I thought it was real leather, I paid for leather, got some other form Hilton urbanXJ Off Topic 28 04-03-2013 09:10 AM
Dainese Alien (perf) vs. Dainese Racing typehxr1 Gear Talk 3 05-07-2011 11:53 AM
DAINESE DR. JEKYLL LEATHER MOTORCYCLE BOOTS BLACK therky42 General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 08-26-2006 04:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

No regrets on either of my dainese jackets. Went down in my zen jacket and didn't have any problems, no problems with the pants either. Lowsided at 50mph or so. Second jacket is a santa monica, no problems with that either. Haven't crashed in that yet.. Two pairs of gauntlet gloves and boots, also no problems.

HOWEVER, I did buy a pair of short gloves (x-ile), and they suck. I was putting them on one day and pushed my thumb through the leather around the wrist strap.
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
typehxr1
Gear Geek

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR1000RR

Thanks for the input. I think it may be smarter to get the Alien as it is perforated. I was looking at the gloves as well, but like the sliders built into the lower palm on the Ride Smart Taichi and Knox gloves. I actually could have used this safety feature during my crash two years ago.
typehxr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Both of the jackets I mentioned are perforated.
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
Twenty Six

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
1988 Huffy Vortex (Track Bike)
Radio Flyer Tricycle (SOLD)
Schwinn Beach Cruiser (Stunt Bike)
MV Agusta F4 (Garage Queen)

I got the Mugello STR for Christmas, and loved the fit, and quality of it. I ended up getting the Dainese Racing Pelle shortly after, and the quality of it is even better than the STR...... Since it's getting warmer I'm actually looking into getting the Portland 2 jacket. So I guess to answer the question..... I have no regrets.
Twenty Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 03:47 PM   #6
Vividkid

I love mine but it's an older model from 2003 or 2004 when I bought it new. From what patrick says the quality has had a serious decline in the last couple years.

Advertisement