MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
typehxr1
Gear Geek

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR1000RR

Dainese Alien (perf) vs. Dainese Racing

I'm on the fence. I've seen and tried on the Racing @ Cycle Gear and it nicer in person so I assume the Alien would be more impressive up close as well. My main reason for getting it down to these two is to me, these were the best looking leather jackets w/the HARD plastic/foam MotoGP armor. The requirement for this raised me a few price levels, but the CE certified foam won't do for me in a crash. Ride Smart Taichi was in the running but at the moment, they don't fit me (hello P90x).

Anyway, Alien in black/white

dainese leather jacket alien white 600

Alien in black/red

dainese leather jacket alien red 600

Racing in black (front and back)

DAINESE JACKET RACING PELLE 6

DAINESE JACKET RACING PELLE 7

Thoughts?
typehxr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CGL find DAINESE Racing Leathers-$400 (The Woodlands) jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 12-04-2013 06:21 PM
Dainese leather typehxr1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 05-07-2011 03:47 PM
Dainese.com...why does this bother me?? AaronP220 The Circus 14 10-27-2009 06:19 PM
dainese boots JMAC Gear Talk 3 12-28-2008 04:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
brisingr23
This place has the Gheyz!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
If you're going to get one. I'd say the racing, but personally after listening to what Patrick had to say on Dainese skimping on the product to be competitive on the CG shelf, I would go with another brand or buy from Dainese directly.
brisingr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
typehxr1
Gear Geek

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisingr23 View Post
If you're going to get one. I'd say the racing, but personally after listening to what Patrick had to say on Dainese skimping on the product to be competitive on the CG shelf, I would go with another brand or buy from Dainese directly.
I read that but I want the hard armor in the shoulders and elbows/forearm. If I could buy those loose and stick them in something else, I'd consider other jackets. I won't say it's not possible as I haven't extensively researched.
typehxr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
brisingr23
This place has the Gheyz!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
I would say ask around with the site sponsors and see if they can get the hard armour for you separate. There has to be some way to replace that stuff, or buy it separate.
brisingr23 is offline   Reply With Quote