MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2006, 10:57 PM   #21
redrocker
Senior Member
 
redrocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 222


Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600









Were have you been looking? I just put 22's on my 06 Silverado with tires for 2700.00.
redrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-25-2006, 11:02 PM   #22
rick
R.I.P. "B"
 
rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: stafford
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,648

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
o5 gsxr 750









Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocker
Were have you been looking? I just put 22's on my 06 Silverado with tires for 2700.00.
what kind? got pics? imlooking for some 22's also for my silverado.well let me know.
rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:12 PM   #23
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
MECREW
8.5 or 9 the most. i've already rolled my fenders, but i really don't wanna do anything past that to fit a wider wheel in front. when do you plan to get some new wheels?


REDROCKER
and what brand are your 22's?
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:13 PM   #24
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
i know a place that sells knockoff wheels for cheap. you can probably get you some 24's with tires for about 3,000. but as anything else goes in life.....you get what you pay for.
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:19 PM   #25
The Menace
We Fly HI
 
The Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,085


Bike(s):
CR250,CR450,Kx125 Fmx out, and 2 50's 1 real 1 knock off









hit me up whenever u are ready i got 2 places u can go to and get a bad azz deal on them. u just have to pick out of the two what prices u liked best but they will both hook u up through me. just a thought so if u want like i said just hit me up when u are ready and we can meet up and ill take u to the place
The Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:08 AM   #26
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin
 
mekrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 9,778

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to mekrew
the menace ... pm sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
MECREW
8.5 or 9 the most. i've already rolled my fenders, but i really don't wanna do anything past that to fit a wider wheel in front. when do you plan to get some new wheels?
as soon as i get a deal on some wheels ill buy em ... probably going to have to charge em to th game because of the $ i just dropped on the car.

red rocker ... the reason alot of these rims are so expensive is they are 3 piece .. if i can find a 1 or 2 piece in the style i want WITh the deep dish lip im fine with that

Last edited by mekrew; 09-26-2006 at 12:13 AM.
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:57 AM   #27
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
please don't put some knockoff $1000 20's on ur lex.....i made that mistake before, do your homework on wheels before actually gettin em. make sure offsets, widths, and tire sizes are to your liking as well. i'm pretty sure you can get ideas from others on the clublexus forums. they are really helpful guys over there.
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 09:51 AM   #28
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin
 
mekrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 9,778

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to mekrew
im not going to get knock offs im 90% sure im geting those asantis .. and ive read up on my offsets

20x8.5 +38
20x10 +44

mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:03 AM   #29
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
good deal...now when you get them wheels....lower it a bit....so you won't be 4x4ing around town
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:18 AM   #30
AliceInChains02
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Crosby, TX (NE)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,169

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada









why do people pay so much for rims? do they have any usefulness besides being really careful not to hit a curb, or do people just want to be admired because of what they have and not what they are?
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:22 AM   #31
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
why do people pay so much for rims? do they have any usefulness besides being really careful not to hit a curb, or do people just want to be admired because of what they have and not what they are?
Because they work hard and feel it necessary to use their money as they deem necessary. If it makes you happy, by all means, do it...so long as you don't "do it" at the expense of someones elses happiness...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:23 AM   #32
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






someone*
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:36 AM   #33
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
well said cajun.
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:38 AM   #34
CaJuNsOuLjA
Resident Glasnost
 
CaJuNsOuLjA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NW: 249 & Beltway
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 11,106

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
*SOLD*...(Pending purchase): 2006 CRF 450






Preciate it...that just seemed like a foolish question. There seem to be alotta folks on here that think that everyone else is required to be like-minded...
__________________
indifferent0028"They've created a nation of spenders, speculators, and consumers, and they've destroyed the savers, producers, and the investing class that built this country. We're moving from a market-based economy to essentially a planned economy. We're abandoning capitalism and embracing socialism. That's a recipe for disaster." - Peter Schiff
CaJuNsOuLjA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:38 AM   #35
RRCBR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 809












Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
why do people pay so much for rims? do they have any usefulness besides being really careful not to hit a curb, or do people just want to be admired because of what they have and not what they are?

Do you just buy the basics in life.....Food, clothes, water, have shelter?
When you buy food do you buy the cheapest just to survive, when you buy clothes do you buy the cheapest no brand name clothes. Why not right it is only use to cover up. I doubt you buy just the necessary. You buy better things because you like them right. You spend money on things you don't need because it makes you feel better....You spend money on what you like, let him spend HIS money on what he likes...
RRCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #36
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
why do people pay so much for rims? do they have any usefulness besides being really careful not to hit a curb, or do people just want to be admired because of what they have and not what they are?
i think your question would be answered differently if we said we bought it with welfare money or somethin....but people spend money in how they see fit.

you asked if we just want to be admired because of what we have and not what we are? you're wrong buddy, most of us work very hard, and we like to have something to show for it. i sure as am not gonna be buried with my money. i think admiration is what makes others work harder to get the things they want as well (rims, new bikes, new cars, etc.). we are what we are....


RRCBR - another good comment
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:55 AM   #37
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts
 
houseofpaint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Spring, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 9,486

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
iforged = GREAT WHEELS
__________________
www.facebook.com/HouseOfPaintDesigns
Follow us on Instagram @hopdesigns

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:59 AM   #38
flip326
No likey, no bikey
 
flip326's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,509

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
why do people pay so much for rims? do they have any usefulness besides being really careful not to hit a curb, or do people just want to be admired because of what they have and not what they are?
lol.....i guess you dont see too many lex's and benz' in crosby.

i'm sure you see lifted trucks and SUV's.........i'm sure poeple think that's wasting money.

and forbid.i KNOW lot of poelp that think getting a motorcycle, let alone modding it, is a waste of money.
__________________
flip326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #39
bdmpastx
The Cripple
 
bdmpastx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,761

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR





OTC (Omair's Tire Center) in Pasadena is pretty cheap on rims and tires. They are on the corner of Pansy and South Shaver. They look like a hole in a wall but they carry lots of wheels and tires for dirt cheap.
__________________
My wheelchair doesn't have chicken strips
sigpic
bdmpastx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 12:47 PM   #40
mekrew
naaaaaw i sayin
 
mekrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 9,778

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to mekrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
why do people pay so much for rims? do they have any usefulness besides being really careful not to hit a curb, or do people just want to be admired because of what they have and not what they are?
because i work 2 full time jobs and want them

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
good deal...now when you get them wheels....lower it a bit....so you won't be 4x4ing around town
ya i already ordered some tanabe nf210 springs , should drop it ~1.3"

crzy , those things are sick !

i think im going to have to bite the bullet on the rims cause since they are "custom" 3 piece wheels im not sure any shop can really give me a deal on them. I will probably wait til xmas though , but its so hard !
mekrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy