MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
BlackHornet

Feedback Rating: (0)

50 frame?

hey guys, i looked in the classifieds and didnt find anything. I was wondering if any of you "local" people had a spare crf/xr50 frame with a title sitting around. Im wanting to street legal my pitbike and my frame is an aftermarket +2 type and doesnt have a VIN. Before I turn to out of towners...I would rather get it from locals

thanks
BlackHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
50 frame pester Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 1 06-19-2012 08:23 AM
still looking for 50 frame/title BlackHornet Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 6 11-21-2011 12:18 PM
Honda 50 bent frame issue.. kdog22 Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 8 05-19-2010 12:57 PM
Aftermarket 50 frame??? TheMagicMan Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 33 05-07-2009 07:47 PM
PERIMETER FRAME 50!!! TEASER!!! stunt-r Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 30 03-01-2008 12:52 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

I know you wanna stay local, but maybe try planetminis.com I have had alot of success tracking down odd items there.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
BlackHornet

ya ive been a member there for years...just seeing what was close lol
Old 05-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #4
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

I got a 2007 ( I believe) crf50 Frame with Motor, Gas Tank, Forks and swingarm. Really good shape and runs great. I just took it all apart to build it up real nice and lost interest. Ill let it all go for a couple hundred?? Let me know
Oh yeah it comes with Title as well

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Nightster Ridester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #5
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
I got a 2007 ( I believe) crf50 Frame with Motor, Gas Tank, Forks and swingarm. Really good shape and runs great. I just took it all apart to build it up real nice and lost interest. Ill let it all go for a couple hundred?? Let me know
Oh yeah it comes with Title as well
PM'ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
BlackHornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
PM'ed

.....thats not very nice

i just need the frame/title. you can have the rest
Old 05-03-2011, 09:19 AM   #7
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHornet View Post
hey guys, i looked in the classifieds and didnt find anything. I was wondering if any of you "local" people had a spare crf/xr50 frame with a title sitting around. Im wanting to street legal my pitbike and my frame is an aftermarket +2 type and doesnt have a VIN. Before I turn to out of towners...I would rather get it from locals

thanks
you don't need that. My frame is the same and it is street legal. do you have a recipt from where and when you bought the frame? if so, you can go to the tax office and schedule a title hearing to have a judge award you ownership of the bike based on the reciept and any bill of sale or other paperwork that you have. i think at some point you also have to have the auto crimes unit do an inspection of the bike to make sure nothing on it is stolen. you then take the paperwork to the title office at 610 and 290 and they will issue you a VIN. You stamp that number onto the frame and provide them with a pencil tracing of the numbers on the frame and they will send you the title. once you have the title to the custom numbered frame, you can get it inspected and registered. the VIN looks funny and insurance has had issues in the past because it's not 17 digits but it works. mine is TEX270191 i think
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #8
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHornet View Post
.....thats not very nice

i just need the frame/title. you can have the rest
He's selling the whole thing. Not just the parts. So you would be paying $300 for a frame. Not trying to be a but i don't think that's what your looking for plus you can find just the frame for ALOT cheaper since that's all your looking for.
Quote:
The cycle continues.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #9
BlackHornet

haha ya, well....if hes willing to part it out or you are. lemme know
Old 05-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #10
BlackHornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
you don't need that. My frame is the same and it is street legal. do you have a recipt from where and when you bought the frame? if so, you can go to the tax office and schedule a title hearing to have a judge award you ownership of the bike based on the reciept and any bill of sale or other paperwork that you have. i think at some point you also have to have the auto crimes unit do an inspection of the bike to make sure nothing on it is stolen. you then take the paperwork to the title office at 610 and 290 and they will issue you a VIN. You stamp that number onto the frame and provide them with a pencil tracing of the numbers on the frame and they will send you the title. once you have the title to the custom numbered frame, you can get it inspected and registered. the VIN looks funny and insurance has had issues in the past because it's not 17 digits but it works. mine is TEX270191 i think
i dont have a receipt though...and how much did that cost?
Old 05-03-2011, 11:33 AM   #11
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
A that sounds like a lot of hassle and government office headache!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
He's selling the whole thing. Not just the parts. So you would be paying $300 for a frame. Not trying to be a but i don't think that's what your looking for plus you can find just the frame for ALOT cheaper since that's all your looking for.
I see another fiddy in the for sale section
Old 05-03-2011, 12:31 PM   #12
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto

Member Garage

Edit:

Actually, i've got a cousin staying with me for a little while from out of town. He had to leave all his bikes back home and wants to buy either a 50 or a 110 for out here so he can come out and ride MNM with us.
Quote:
The cycle continues.

Last edited by kdog22; 05-03-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Advertisement