MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #41
wesleh
Senior Member
 
wesleh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 2,112

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 R6






Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerjunkie View Post
man... Im telling you the people that live on that road are doin some devious shyt. Even though ya'll ride on that every Sunday, its a calculated risk one of ya'll are going to eventually go down, not jinxing it but the more confident ya'll get the faster you gonna go, and those people on the road are sabotaging it, Even though ya'll do a slow pace through to check the road, there is something about that road... Just my 2 cents.
that wouldnt be a bad idea to do like a pre road check. just ride down the road at normal speeds and back and once its all clear go at it!

maybe do some runs at the forest? its far but its something different
wesleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
W EARLY SMR before Regular SMR 02/26/2012 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 78 02-26-2012 08:51 PM
MotoGP Race Day Ride To F'Ville For Lunch/The Lot On Washington To Watch (05/01/2011) NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 97 05-01-2011 03:12 PM
Tuesday 03-01-2011 Eberry2001 Events, Meets and Rides 4 03-01-2011 03:51 PM
Ride Today? 01-31-2011 Gryphin Events, Meets and Rides 7 01-31-2011 08:22 PM
Who's Riding Tonight? 01/28/2011 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 36 01-29-2011 12:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #42
BYRDMAN
WX MAN
 
BYRDMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 9,311

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker


Member Garage





Honestly fellas can u really blame the ppl who live on that road? I read more and more threads about ppl wrecking and ppl riding on that bullshit road. U guys r fuxking killin me with this ... If I lived on that road I would definatley want road bumps on it!! U guys are fuxking up for the rest of us....

Don't even get me started on the videos that were just posted too. I can tell u guys need some BP instruction at the track.

I hate to be that guy cuz I hang out with some of u at meets but this really erks me....

Do I do illegal on 2 wheels hells yea but I'm not screaming thru someone's neighborhood at 120 on a quiet sunday afternoon...
__________________
If you can read this, thank a teacher, because its in English, thank a soldier"

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS

Last edited by BYRDMAN; 05-01-2011 at 07:43 PM.
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #43
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
Honestly fellas can u really blame the ppl who live on that road? I read more and more threads about ppl wrecking and ppl riding on that bullshit road. U guys r fuxking killin me with this ... If I lived on that road I would definatley want road bumps on it!! U guys are fuxking up for the rest of us....

Don't even get me started on the videos that were just posted too. I can tell u guys need some BP instruction at the track.

I hate to be that guy cuz I hang out with some of u at meets but this really erks me....

Do I do illegal on 2 wheels hells yea but I'm not screaming thru someone's neighborhood at 120 on a quiet sunday afternoon...
Sir! I think YOU DIDN'T read what I post it! "on that turn there was nothing but trees, nothing but an open field.... now I'm sure I wasn't the only one that have gone to that road... so no need of expressing how you feel about our riding and our video... also.. don't need your track B's talking ether... I know that you're bad and everything Mr track guy but YOU don't have a clue about how we were riding this morning...

once again... what you see on that video is ME going to the end of the road and go back.. and what you see also are just trees and nothing but grass...

now if you really wanna about people riding stupid on that road... why don't you go seat your down every morning on Sunday and tell every biker how you really fell about how they ride and how they should take it to the track and stop riding that road.... let me know what they say

also... I think that every person that lives there have ALL the right! to be off at a bunch of bikers for doing what they love doing... RIDING..
also to all the people that live and drive on 3090,149,1458,359 and all the fm's roads that every biker goes every week...

Now.. once again... we really dont need your bs here on whats stupid or not, or about how you really feel... go cry me a river. I think we are all grown up people that know WTF we are doing...and please don't get me wrong, I care very much about the people that live there!

oh by the way... how in the did you came up with 120?? got a radar in front of your computer??
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #44
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








**none of my post are meant to be in any way personal... just expressing how I feel*

Last edited by floyd600; 05-01-2011 at 10:03 PM.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #45
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'
 
Cornerjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hero Hill
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,210

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)








Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
Sir! I think YOU DIDN'T read what I post it! "on that turn there was nothing but trees, nothing but an open field.... now I'm sure I wasn't the only one that have gone to that road... so no need of expressing how you feel about our riding and our video... also.. don't need your track B's talking ether... I know that you're bad and everything Mr track guy but YOU don't have a clue about how we were riding this morning...

once again... what you see on that video is ME going to the end of the road and go back.. and what you see also are just trees and nothing but grass...

now if you really wanna about people riding stupid on that road... why don't you go seat your down every morning on Sunday and tell every biker how you really fell about how they ride and how they should take it to the track and stop riding that road.... let me know what they say

also... I think that every person that lives there have ALL the right! to be off at a bunch of bikers for doing what they love doing... RIDING..
also to all the people that live and drive on 3090,149,1458,359 and all the fm's roads that every biker goes every week...

Now.. once again... we really dont need your bs here on whats stupid or not, or about how you really feel... go cry me a river. I think we are all grown up people that know WTF we are doing...and please don't get me wrong, I care very much about the people that live there!

oh by the way... how in the did you came up with 120?? got a radar in front of your computer??
down boy... down... EZ floyd ez....
Cornerjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:22 PM   #46
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP









sorry... I just dont like haters!

here its something we can talk about....
Lucky guy car accident
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:23 PM   #47
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'
 
Cornerjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hero Hill
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,210

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)








Just take it to the streets, and settle it on RR...
Cornerjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #48
jakeg
Senior Member
 
jakeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Downtown
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 4,423

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+











Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post

sorry... I just dont like haters!

here its something we can talk about....
Lucky guy car accident
GOOOAAALLLLLLL


Target fixation...
jakeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #49
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerjunkie View Post
Just take it to the streets, and settle it on RR...
yes!!

Actually.... NO! no!

we'll pull our pocket bikes and take it to the go-kart track and see who's the best!
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:18 PM   #50
Colonel
Big Blu
 
Colonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 456

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr









Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
I hate to be that guy cuz I hang out with some of u at meets but this really erks me....

Do I do illegal on 2 wheels hells yea....
Hmmm, sounds hypocritical. So this illegal you do, is it parking double? Or maybe not paying a parking ticket? How silly is the illegal you do that it doesn't offend anyone? And how is it the you do is illegal, cause seems like to me you only do that's courteous and thoughtful of peoples feelings and their well being!

Well at least that's how your post is coming across, just seems weird you added the "I do illegal !" to the thread you posted, when I was thinking you were going to end with "you guys are killing it for the rest of us, act like me... I don't do stupid illegal !"

Just weird...can we still hang out? Having a sleep over, you can race me on my hotwheels track, woohoo baby!!
Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:20 PM   #51
Colonel
Big Blu
 
Colonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 456

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr









Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeg View Post
GOOOAAALLLLLLL----Target fixation...
What kinda doesn't grab the chick and pull her out of the way! And then dude stands there like, WTF!!
Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:45 AM   #52
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector
 
texlurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Smack dab in the middle of Colo
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,236

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage





Doesn't riding the same road every week get old for you guys?

Or is it just the comfort zone of thinking you know the road so you can go fast?

There are tons of back roads scattered around Houston besides RR.. some are farther away but that's what I bought my bike for, to ride...

It's happened before on RR, the Forest and Fayetteville.. the locals will get fed up enough and complain enough that at some point Mr. Popo will be out in force and y'all will be taking a ride.. just don't say we didn't try and tell you.
__________________
sig pic
A wise man once told me: "No matter how fine she is, just remember. Somewhere, someone is tired of her !"
.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:56 AM   #53
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'
 
Cornerjunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hero Hill
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,210

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)








Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Doesn't riding the same road every week get old for you guys?

Or is it just the comfort zone of thinking you know the road so you can go fast?

There are tons of back roads scattered around Houston besides RR.. some are farther away but that's what I bought my bike for, to ride...

It's happened before on RR, the Forest and Fayetteville.. the locals will get fed up enough and complain enough that at some point Mr. Popo will be out in force and y'all will be taking a ride.. just don't say we didn't try and tell you.
That has already happened my friend.. last year my friend and 1 of the SMR's were hauled off to jail, I was gonna be out that day, but i got out there a little late but early enough to ride his bike back to my house until he got out of jail..
Cornerjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:55 AM   #54
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








oh... come one guys! lets not start the fire back up!, let it die.....
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy