MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #141
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZizouTriumph View Post
Most people in MH morals:

If you crash and ANY of the following applies to you - no gear, no helmet, no license, rode a cruiser/harley = you're an idiot, you deserved to die.

But going on routes/rides, at triple digit speeds, endangering innocent drivers and families on the road, running from the cops and you made it ok to PP1/rendezvous point, you're the best thing since sliced bread. Its ok, cause even when you die splatered by a Semi, or hitting the pavement or outriding yourself you were awesome with all your power ranger gear on. (Oh, and this will always be 99.9 percent a cager's fault).

Hipocrisy???? You bet.
I can see where you are standing up for your non supersport buddies, but please post examples if you are going to make outlandish claims that most people CONDONE and SUPPORT that last paragraph...

I'll wait.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harley vs Ducati Crash cuong-nutz General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 10-11-2013 10:16 AM
SE side, anyone doing anything? triumphant675r Events, Meets and Rides 20 11-13-2010 06:58 PM
SE side LunchBox Events, Meets and Rides 12 11-24-2008 07:41 PM
SE side..... S_M_J82 Events, Meets and Rides 5 09-08-2006 05:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #142
r6gal
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
04 Yamaha r6

Member Garage

User is banned

Old 05-02-2011, 05:01 PM   #143
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Leave this thread as a RIP thread and not a what I did what you did thread. Have some respect........ I say start your own thread about gear, and there are many to choose from. Then flame n in thre. Just my .2

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
Old 05-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #144
ZizouTriumph
Isle of Man TT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2008 HD VRSCDX
2009 Triumph Thruxton 900
2001 YAMAHA R6(Sold)
1976 Triumph Boneville (back home)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
I can see where you are standing up for your non supersport buddies, but please post examples if you are going to make outlandish claims that most people CONDONE and SUPPORT that last paragraph...

I'll wait.
Ok Green Power Ranger, there's a link on your top right hand, its called a SEARCH button, look-up the RIP thread ratio of sportbikes to cruisers.

I WON'T WAIT.

NOT HERE TO EDUCATE YOU.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:32 PM   #145
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

Quote:
Ok Green Power Ranger, there's a link on your top right hand, its called a SEARCH button, look-up the RIP thread ratio of sportbikes to cruisers.

I WON'T WAIT.

NOT HERE TO EDUCATE YOU.
more sporties here than cruisers
Old 05-02-2011, 05:46 PM   #146
TexasPsyclone
Leah's

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Honda CX500 and VF1100C (Those were last century)
87 HD FXLR (Gave her up)
03 ZX7R
94 HD FXLR
Cannondale R600 & Killer V900 (1HP....thats Human Power)

Quote:
Most people in MH morals:

If you crash and ANY of the following applies to you - no gear, no helmet, no license, rode a cruiser/harley = you're an idiot, you deserved to die.

But going on routes/rides, at triple digit speeds, endangering innocent drivers and families on the road, running from the cops and you made it ok to PP1/rendezvous point, you're the best thing since sliced bread. Its ok, cause even when you die splatered by a Semi, or hitting the pavement or outriding yourself you were awesome with all your power ranger gear on. (Oh, and this will always be 99.9 percent a cager's fault).

Hipocrisy???? You bet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post

I'll wait.
While I disagree that this is the MAJORITY type of MH member, there IS some merit to this. I have tried to post my opinion about rides I've been on where I saw some pretty horrid examples of motorcycle proficiency by sport bike riders. Bad skill. Bad judgment. Bad attitudes - all at the same time and at triple digits only to have the majority of people come back at me and say "what are you talking about? I didn't see anything so bad. Looked pretty organized to me.... bla bla bla." Then in the same thread, joke about the EXACT type of riding Zizou describes above. It is definitely hypocrisy.

Ok - fine... whatever. But then some of these same people want to get on a RIP thread and bash on a guy because he thought he could make it from point "a" to point "b" without a lid. In my opinion, and by my experience - proper gear is SECONDARY (though a very close second) to proper skills and operation of a high performance motorcycle, because even with the best gear - those of us who have been around long enough have suffered the loss of some pretty experienced riders. Some of you are smart enough to put on some gear but then egos or adrenaline or the cute blond in the next lane cause the brain function to shut off. And the vast majority of the people guilty of this are riders with less than 5 years seat time. Peer pressure at 120mph is what it looks like to me. Preach gear all you want. I support it. But it is not the most important part of the equation.
"The average street rider, feels he/she is an "above average" street rider... the majority are NOT. (they think they are, but they are not) straight up. The ones that are, typically don't show it, or don't know it....or are getting paid big bucks for it." - GAU-8
sigpic9903 2
Old 05-02-2011, 06:16 PM   #147
Nightster Ridester
Holmes Hot Rods & Cycles

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1975 Harley Ironhead

Member Garage

Me starting out on Sportbikes and then switching to more of a cruiser side, all the while being on MH, I've noticed that of course this is a Mostly Sportbike Community but also the maturity level of the two sides, Sportbike and Cruisers. Now this is not true to all so please forgive me in advance for my opinions. Now first of all, making fun or disrespecting someone who dies riding a motorcycle one way or the other is morally wrong and somewhat psycholigally wrong. Second, to place different riders in "Groups" and then bash or ridicule them for it is really nothing short of preschooler mentality. Now I have been very involved with sportbikes and cruisers so I believe my opinion is valid when I say that sportbike riders are the worst type of Motorcyclists. Now, dont get me wrong there are guys out there and on here that have excellent skills and master the art of riding but overall percentage sportbike riders and immature and inconsiderate, including me at times when I was younger. Like alot of people have said if you have posted on this thread or on any thread for that matter, bashing on someone who passed on or ridiculing them for their choices in life are bascally the scum of the earth and should sit back and really think about how precious life is. Now if I go out on a MC, I believe that is alot better then going out a murderer or rapists or something along those lines. So if you bash on someone who lived a good life but died on a MC choosing a different way then you would, you need mental help and a real fast wake up call.
Its just embarrasing to see the moslty "Younger" MC crowd getting more immature by the day and deciding to laugh at someone elses death
Horrible

-Harley Davidson is The Original Gangster
Old 05-02-2011, 06:28 PM   #148
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
HAIL: Crash and die please, so i can bash you, for wearing all your gear, and still dying.
That may happen some day. My only hope is that someone learn what I did wrong and maybe how to avoid my fate.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #149
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

I'm probably one of the few on here that started out on cruisers and moved to sportbikes later. My experience listed is on sportbikes.
I was taught that a rider is a rider no matter what they are on.

I'm not here to debate whether someone should bash on a fallen rider if they are wearing gear or not. People have different perspectives.

However, even theoretically supposing someone should DIE as a fellow rider, on a RIP thread, is unacceptable. So is making claims as this website houses nothing but irrational hooligans that condone, support, and glorify the people endangering other people or contributing to a stigma. Show me evidence to support the claims that "MOST of MH" is encircled by this theory.

Quote:

I WON'T WAIT.

NOT HERE TO EDUCATE YOU.
I don't need education, I've spent quite a bit on my education already.

What you mean to say is, "Instead of replying with something intelligent to say or show actual instances, I'm going to call names and type in big letters."
Thanks for showing everyone who actually needs an education here.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:49 PM   #150
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Too bad this thread ended up ..
Motion to end thread..

RIP BRO......
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
Old 05-02-2011, 07:26 PM   #151
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPsyclone View Post
Ok - fine... whatever. But then some of these same people want to get on a RIP thread and bash on a guy because he thought he could make it from point "a" to point "b" without a lid. In my opinion, and by my experience - proper gear is SECONDARY (though a very close second) to proper skills and operation of a high performance motorcycle, because even with the best gear - those of us who have been around long enough have suffered the loss of some pretty experienced riders. Some of you are smart enough to put on some gear but then egos or adrenaline or the cute blond in the next lane cause the brain function to shut off. And the vast majority of the people guilty of this are riders with less than 5 years seat time. Peer pressure at 120mph is what it looks like to me. Preach gear all you want. I support it. But it is not the most important part of the equation.
Fair enough. I would like to continue to preach both skill and gear. I officially retract my statement that people SHOULD be bashed. From now on from me it will be "R.I.P. Guys! Wear your gear guys and practice your skills. This just proves we are not invincible." That is more in line with the hail you will meet in person on rides. With that I say...

R.I.P. to the rider and condolences to friends and family. Sorry if I offended you. I truly do just want others to learn from this.

Guys! Wear your gear and practice your skills. This just proves we are not invincible!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #152
Deuce
Banged

Bike(s):
08 HD NightRod
01 HD FXDWG (RIP)
02 Yamaha XVS1100A (RIP)
99 Hayabusa (RIP)
03 YZF-R1 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightster Ridester View Post
Me starting out on Sportbikes and then switching to more of a cruiser side, all the while being on MH, I've noticed that of course this is a Mostly Sportbike Community but also the maturity level of the two sides, Sportbike and Cruisers. Now this is not true to all so please forgive me in advance for my opinions. Now first of all, making fun or disrespecting someone who dies riding a motorcycle one way or the other is morally wrong and somewhat psycholigally wrong. Second, to place different riders in "Groups" and then bash or ridicule them for it is really nothing short of preschooler mentality. Now I have been very involved with sportbikes and cruisers so I believe my opinion is valid when I say that sportbike riders are the worst type of Motorcyclists. Now, dont get me wrong there are guys out there and on here that have excellent skills and master the art of riding but overall percentage sportbike riders and immature and inconsiderate, including me at times when I was younger. Like alot of people have said if you have posted on this thread or on any thread for that matter, bashing on someone who passed on or ridiculing them for their choices in life are bascally the scum of the earth and should sit back and really think about how precious life is. Now if I go out on a MC, I believe that is alot better then going out a murderer or rapists or something along those lines. So if you bash on someone who lived a good life but died on a MC choosing a different way then you would, you need mental help and a real fast wake up call.
Its just embarrasing to see the moslty "Younger" MC crowd getting more immature by the day and deciding to laugh at someone elses death
Horrible
almost my story. I've bought, sold, ridden, traded, and wrecked several sportbikes. i can hop on most of yalls SS and out-trick you any day. i chose to slow down and put my feet up on a comfy-but-still-whoop-your--in-a-drag-race cruiser. for that i deserve death according to a large majority of these cancerous cliquey true-squids.

i wonder how many sportbike wrecks are caused by the riding it while listening to an ipod. that's 10x worse than riding with no gear. instead of doing what you can to prevent an accident, you think your okay by making the crash more survivable. HELLO, PREVENTING the wreck trumps SURVIVING ONE you could have PREVENTED. The problem is this overpopulated dog-pack is WAAAY overboard on telling people what to do (see: Wall of Shame: encouraging people be un-safe, taking photos/videos while driving cars & trucks). IMO - The person posting photos always looks douchier than the person they cell-phone-photo-stalked.

what's playing on the ipod that's so much better than living? "T swizzle"?

Old 05-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #153
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
almost my story. I've bought, sold, ridden, traded, and wrecked several sportbikes. i can hop on most of yalls SS and out-trick you any day. i chose to slow down and put my feet up on a comfy-but-still-whoop-your--in-a-drag-race cruiser. for that i deserve death according to a large majority of these cancerous cliquey true-squids.

i wonder how many sportbike wrecks are caused by the riding it while listening to an ipod. that's 10x worse than riding with no gear. instead of doing what you can to prevent an accident, you think your okay by making the crash more survivable. HELLO, PREVENTING the wreck trumps SURVIVING ONE you could have PREVENTED. The problem is this overpopulated dog-pack is WAAAY overboard on telling people what to do (see: Wall of Shame: encouraging people be un-safe, taking photos/videos while driving cars & trucks). IMO - The person posting photos always looks douchier than the person they cell-phone-photo-stalked.

what's playing on the ipod that's so much better than living? "T swizzle"?

what a mess. u really shouldn't be drinking at 10 am. HEEELLLLOOOOO !!!!????!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:06 AM   #154
Track_Graphics

RIP -
I've had losses under both circumstances, cruisers, sportbikes, geared up and not. I have WAY strong opinions on both, only this is not the place for it.
But this tread . . . . wow- some of you I respected.
Come on guys, imagine that freaky Baptist church showing up at your loved ones funeral waving their protest signs.
End Tread - it's out of hand.
Closed Thread

Advertisement