MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2011, 09:55 PM   #101
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
only water get softer the slower you go, asphalt/concrete retains the same hardness regardless of speed. JMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasNinja650 View Post
I don't but I'm sure they are somewhere doing with a few other fellows
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Harley vs Ducati Crash cuong-nutz General Discussion (Moto Related) 28 10-11-2013 10:16 AM
SE side, anyone doing anything? triumphant675r Events, Meets and Rides 20 11-13-2010 06:58 PM
SE side LunchBox Events, Meets and Rides 12 11-24-2008 07:41 PM
SE side..... S_M_J82 Events, Meets and Rides 5 09-08-2006 05:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #102
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Triumph Speed Triple R
2012 DR-Z 400S

You cannot post any downed rider or RIP thread here about people doing stupid or not wearing gear. They will get bashed. They should get bashed. They get no sympathy from me. Is it there right to not wear gear and do stupid ? You bet. More power to them. But they will get no sympathy or respect from me.

I will save my respect for those that are smart, made good decisions and still managed to have an unfortunate accident.

The term "fellow rider" gets thrown around way to much as though it actually means something. There are obviously plenty of douche bags that ride and I refuse to embrace them as a "fellow rider". Just because you ride does not mean I will value your life or well being over those that do not ride.

Do I hope this guy gets better? Yep! Because he is a "fellow human". I can still think he is an idiot for not wearing gear.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:16 PM   #103
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Not knocking you Hail, dont know you, you seam like a good guy but who asked for your repsect?

my opinion is past a get well, a rip or nothing on these posts... Dont need to show any respect, but sure dont need to show disrespect either. That rider chose his fate and none of us have to deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:21 PM   #104
wesleh

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
08 R6

speedy recovery for the rider...and if not RIP!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #105
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

hey!! he may had been just thinking he was going down the street and no need for a helmet... the first thing that people think is "I'm just going down the street, I'll be back soon... I don't need a helmet" then that's when happens...

even if you're going down the street for a few miles... PUT A HELMET ON!! it may save you and it may not! but if it doesn't then at leas they can tell what your face looks like...
Old 04-29-2011, 10:28 PM   #106
m109runner
lighting guru

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2007 suzuki m109r ltd

Send a message via Yahoo to m109runner
just in case anyone wonders or cares.....this young guy did pass away this afternoon....

he and his family were real good friends of my wife.

lighting the world one bike at a time!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #107
TexasPsyclone
Leah's

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
Honda CX500 and VF1100C (Those were last century)
87 HD FXLR (Gave her up)
03 ZX7R
94 HD FXLR
Cannondale R600 & Killer V900 (1HP....thats Human Power)

... sorry to hear it dude. I was hoping it would swing the other way.
"The average street rider, feels he/she is an "above average" street rider... the majority are NOT. (they think they are, but they are not) straight up. The ones that are, typically don't show it, or don't know it....or are getting paid big bucks for it." - GAU-8
sigpic9903 2
Old 04-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #108
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m109runner View Post
just in case anyone wonders or cares.....this young guy did pass away this afternoon....

Sorry to hear that
Old 04-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #109
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Bike(s):
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleassassin View Post
my opinion is past a get well, a rip or nothing on these posts... Dont need to show any respect, but sure dont need to show disrespect either. That rider chose his fate and none of us have to deal with it.
Not saying any one owes me respect or is asking for it from me. I am a nice guy and I know (internet bravado asside) most everyone here is as well. I have not met anyone from MH in person that I did not like.

It is just that lots seem to think that every downed rider deserves respect. I just don't share that view. There are plenty I do feel bad for. Many recently.

I think our criticism serves a very good purpose. That purpose is to let others know that our community as a whole values safety and instills in it's new members that same value. While we accept the fact that people can choose to be safe or not, that we do not hold those that are not safe in the same high esteem.

I respect those riders that teach, listen, learn and value safety.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:35 PM   #110
Hebert

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2010 Stratoliner Deluxe
2005 GSXR 600 - Sold
2010 XR1200 - Sold

RIP young man.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:37 PM   #111
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Bike(s):
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by m109runner View Post

Very sorry for his families loss. Tragic and should never have happened.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:38 PM   #112
TexasPsyclone
Leah's

Bike(s):
87 HD FXLR (Gave her up)
03 ZX7R
94 HD FXLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail View Post
Not saying any one owes me respect or is asking for it from me. I am a nice guy and I know (internet bravado asside) most everyone here is as well. I have not met anyone from MH in person that I did not like.

It is just that lots seem to think that every downed rider deserves respect. I just don't share that view. There are plenty I do feel bad for. Many recently.

I think our criticism serves a very good purpose. That purpose is to let others know that our community as a whole values safety and instills in it's new members that same value. While we accept the fact that people can choose to be safe or not, that we do not hold those that are not safe in the same high esteem.

I just happen to think that aside from the simple reminders to wear gear, we don't need to get into a bashing debate about it, much less making jokes in a rider down thread. If not respect, maybe you can at least exercize some empathy. If you'll read above, this person was a close friend to someone known here. Is that not worth something?
"The average street rider, feels he/she is an "above average" street rider... the majority are NOT. (they think they are, but they are not) straight up. The ones that are, typically don't show it, or don't know it....or are getting paid big bucks for it." - GAU-8
sigpic9903 2
Old 04-29-2011, 10:40 PM   #113
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:

What bugs me is that these people that dont bother wearing a helmet dont care enough about their loved ones to be safe and not put them through the pain that they will go through because of their incredibly poor choice.

I care too much for my family to not wear gear. I also dont want to end up dead or retarded cause I MYSELF want to be around a lot longer to enjoy life.

I know guys that ride Harleys and have a family and kids and STILL dont wear a helmet cause it simply is not cool. So incredibly idiotic.

If you have children, wear a helmet.

If you have family that loves you, wear a helmet.

If it is going to put loved ones through pain and misery if you die or get seriously injured, wear a helmet.

I mean, why put people you love through this ??

Fuckit, cool will always supersede common sense and safety to a lot of people out there.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
Old 04-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #114
Rachy Rach
Nut up or Shut up!

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 Yamaha r6 - Sold :(

RIP fallen rider.

Condolences to the family and friends!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:48 PM   #115
Hail
Middle Aged Crazy Member

Bike(s):
2012 DR-Z 400S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPsyclone View Post
I just happen to think that aside from the simple reminders to wear gear, we don't need to get into a bashing debate about it, much less making jokes in a rider down thread. If not respect, maybe you can at least exercize some empathy. If you'll read above, this person was a close friend to someone known here. Is that not worth something?
Indeed! I feel sorry for those who loved and cared for him. It is just especially tragic when it may have easily been avoided.

I also agree with you that outright disrespect or making jokes is not acceptable. Just because I do not have to respect people does not mean I have to disrespect them. It also does not mean I do not have great empathy for those who loved and cared for him. If I did that, I am sorry.

I plain and simply like to see pointed out in any rider down or RIP thread what might have been done to prevent it. Be it training, gear, speed, etc. I would rather see these issues brought up rather than being requested to be swept under the rug. We should learn something from these incidents or it truly was in vain. Like everyone else here it is just my opinion.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:55 PM   #116
TexasPsyclone
Leah's

Bike(s):
87 HD FXLR (Gave her up)
03 ZX7R
94 HD FXLR

Quote:
Indeed! I feel sorry for those who loved and cared for him. It is just especially tragic when it may have easily been avoided.

I also agree with you that outright disrespect or making jokes is not acceptable. Just because I do not have to respect people does not mean I have to disrespect them. It also does not mean I do not have great empathy for those who loved and cared for him. If I did that, I am sorry.

I plain and simply like to see pointed out in any rider down or RIP thread what might have been done to prevent it. Be it training, gear, speed, etc. I would rather see these issues brought up rather than being requested to be swept under the rug. We should learn something from these incidents or it truly was in vain. Like everyone else here it is just my opinion.
fair enough.
sigpic9903 2
Old 04-30-2011, 12:00 AM   #117
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

Old 04-30-2011, 12:38 AM   #118
Cool New Name

Bike(s):
'07 Honda VFR
'06 Suzuki c50c (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
What the does a HARLEY have to do anything with this? Its just a brand of bike....theres idiots on all brands. Go to the wall of shame...
I agree with you that it shouldn't matter what brand or type of bike is involved. I would say, however, that the Harley Davidson "image" promulgated by many hd owner's is one of being cool or looking like a badass rather than being as safe as possible.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:46 AM   #119
thatboygeorge
powpows ftw

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
05 r6

Send a message via AIM to thatboygeorge
RIP to the guy.. if its the person im thinking of, ive hung out with him a couple times we have many mutual friends and its all over facebook my condolences go out to his family and friends
Old 04-30-2011, 09:14 AM   #120
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Sorry to hear that Sean.....RIP

Condolences to the family and friends.....

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
Closed Thread

Advertisement