Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #21
texasyankee

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Harley Low Rider
Kawi ZX6R (Track)

You're still young. If you don't get impatient and let it heal, you can ride for forty or fifty more years.
texasyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Damage at the track during a track day... floyd600 Taking it to the Track 160 12-05-2012 11:55 PM
Track day tire damage? Fil Taking it to the Track 18 10-18-2010 04:46 AM
First TWS (Texas World Speedway) Track Day / RideSmart / Memorial Day '08 maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 07-14-2008 08:47 AM
RideSmart Track Day @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) 5.26.08 - Memorial Day!!! - Roll Call Ridesmart Taking it to the Track 6 04-09-2008 06:07 PM
RideSmart Track Day Sep. 5th. Any new track newbies wanna go? roro Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-22-2005 09:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2011, 10:01 PM   #22
E-Train

Bike(s):
05 sv650
crf100

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
Thats happens to me from time to time. If I stress the front muscles of either leg without stretching, it gets so where I cannot move my foot up.

Its frustrating. Usually lasts a week or 2 and slowly comes back to normal. It has happened since i can remember. I would say give it another week and see that it does.

Massage the muscles on by your shins ad gently stretch your foot forward, helps with me.

I never brought it up to anyone before cause I never heard of it happening to anyone else.

If I stretch those muscles good before putting them through any stress, it doesnt happen as bad.
Whoa! Didn't know there was someone else like this. Is it painful for you or does the nerve jjust go out. And when you say stretch it forward, is that so your toes go toward the ground or to your shin?
Old 04-27-2011, 10:13 PM   #23
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post
Whoa! Didn't know there was someone else like this. Is it painful for you or does the nerve just go out. And when you say stretch it forward, is that so your toes go toward the ground or to your shin?
It is sore at first after it gets numb. It hurts on the outside muscles by the shin about 3/4 of the way up the leg but kinda deep inside the muscle ache. Hardto describe.

Stretch your foot forward towards the ground and rub the muscle but dont get carried away cause you will make it hurt worse.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #24
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisingr23 View Post
How do the streets not equal injuries?
Just adding my .02

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
i believe he was being facetious
No, just being an . Everyone else is quick to say "Take it to the track, streets are no place for that."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davekg View Post
O' lol
Old 04-28-2011, 07:49 AM   #25
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i've had that happen before. with me it was due to kicking a football off a tee. I kick soccer style and the repeated pounding on the tip of my foot would make the muscles that raise my foot become sore and not work. it would usually come back within a day or 2.
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:34 AM   #26
Skid

Bike(s):
CBR600RR

Not to veer too far off the subject, while you are having you foot checked out, you may want to have your odometer checked as well. At 230 miles at an average speed of 90mph per lap would be 7.66 20 min sessions or 5.1 30 min sessions. BTW, this is only if you are running 1'34-35" lap times on your second trackday, in which case Ty has some new competition.

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
Skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:09 AM   #27
E-Train

Bike(s):
05 sv650
crf100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skid View Post
Not to veer too far off the subject, while you are having you foot checked out, you may want to have your odometer checked as well. At 230 miles at an average speed of 90mph per lap would be 7.66 20 min sessions or 5.1 30 min sessions. BTW, this is only if you are running 1'34-35" lap times on your second trackday, in which case Ty has some new competition.
Um I spent 3.5 hours on the track that day sooooo you might need to check your assumptons?
Old 04-28-2011, 11:35 AM   #28
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Well 230 miles in a regular 7 - 20 minute sessions seems unrealistic. However, if he spent 3.5 hours on track, it must have been an LMS day or a private day.

That being said, the track is 2.38 miles, so 230 miles would represent around 96 laps. If you divide that between 3.5 hours at the track, you get lap times of about 2:15 which sound realistic for a second TD.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:45 AM   #29
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

How do your boots fit, and do they bind your leg up while moving around on the bike?
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #30
jph1486

Bike(s):
yzf600r(sold) 03 fiddy
zx6
zx10
kx250f

this happens to me pretty often, from playing ball. i just stretch it and go on about my day. It makes some things uncomfortable but nothing to extreme
Old 04-28-2011, 12:38 PM   #31
phiseph

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki SV650S

Nerve damage is a and just takes a while to heal itself. You could always try going to the chiro and have them try out a few remedies but in my experience, the relief was only temporary and time was the only true fix.
phiseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #32
E-Train

Bike(s):
05 sv650
crf100

Yeah it was a private day sooo.

Good question texlurch, ill look into that. Good idea.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #33
daveblueballs

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Agusta MV F4
07 Busa Banshee?? -SLOW-
08 gix 1k -STOLEN-
09 ZX6 track rig -DIED-
08 600RR track rig -SOLD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
how the did you ride 230 miles during a track day? unless you rode to the track and rode back home...
i ride 230+ miles every track day. aint for a real g. step yo game up chowderboy.
daveblueballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:42 PM   #34
CaffeineRacer

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'03 SV650

I've looked into peroneal nerve damage before because I was having some issues with my foot after running a lot. With my the issue was mainly in my foot and wasn't quite a far up the leg. From my limited experience and amateur medical knowledge I think what probably happened is that you over worked the muscles and tendons surrounding the nerve as well as those that it innervates causing swelling and inflammation. Sort of like tendinitis of the nerve. Taking it easy, and ice as well as maybe an NSAID might help it heal faster, but really I think its the type of thing that with time it will heal if your young and didn't do any really serious damage to it. But like I said not a doctor so take this with a large grain of salt.
CaffeineRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #35
eltejano
I smell pretty

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post
Yeah it was a private day sooo.

Good question texlurch, ill look into that. Good idea.
Try to stretch before you do a track day next. If you ever see the racers before they get on the track, they stretch.

I know a few people that rode for Suzuki and they said that they are real big on their riders being in shape. Stretching is a must cause you use groups muscles you normally dont.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement