Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
HoustonRealtor
Formerly known as ZULater
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 702


Bike(s):
KX250
YZ250
CRF450
Pitster X4
R1






Shock question

Im wanting to put a stiffer shock on my klx 110. I am thinking about going with a cheaper Fastace shock off of ebay but I don't understand the spring ratings. There is a 250lb per inch spring that says it is for riders up to 200lbs and there is a 1000lb spring. I weight about 215-220 and don't want the bike to bottom out but I also don't a hard tail so I'm confused on what spring to get with the shock. Does anyone know what the spring rating means?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/11-28...ht_8335wt_1114

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-5-...Q5fAccessories
HoustonRealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
f4i shock miguel!! Stunters Lounge 3 09-13-2015 09:35 AM
So I have this Ohlins shock.... tomLSTD Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing 3 12-14-2010 08:48 AM
elka shock question speeddemon23 How To's and Q & A's 4 06-30-2009 06:31 PM
Fiddy question - billet shock mount? D_UNIT Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 14 01-23-2008 08:59 PM
Shock Knife ArturoC Off Topic 9 05-11-2006 03:26 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #2
Jason_Canuck
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,829

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
A black one
and a red one








Try planetminis.com or PM JCat about his KLX shock setup.
__________________
Vegans are eating the solution to global warming!
Jason_Canuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
ileono918
On hiatus
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 6,050

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











You could just change the spring to a BBR one. then put some thicker oil in it.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
HoustonRealtor
Formerly known as ZULater
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 702


Bike(s):
KX250
YZ250
CRF450
Pitster X4
R1






Quote:
Originally Posted by Irak View Post
You could just change the spring to a BBR one. then put some thicker oil in it.
On my stock shock? What weight spring and would that be as good as replacing the whole shock?
HoustonRealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
ileono918
On hiatus
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 6,050

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRealtor View Post
On my stock shock? What weight spring and would that be as good as replacing the whole shock?
Nevermind, I just saw you weight 200 pounds. That set up would harden up about 30% from stock.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
CDN_bacon
Eh?
 
CDN_bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 519

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
VFR800
CRF 250X








Check this out... spring calculator for your weight from racetech

http://racetech.com/ChooseVehicle.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonRealtor View Post
Im wanting to put a stiffer shock on my klx 110. I am thinking about going with a cheaper Fastace shock off of ebay but I don't understand the spring ratings. There is a 250lb per inch spring that says it is for riders up to 200lbs and there is a 1000lb spring. I weight about 215-220 and don't want the bike to bottom out but I also don't a hard tail so I'm confused on what spring to get with the shock. Does anyone know what the spring rating means?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/11-28...ht_8335wt_1114

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-5-...Q5fAccessories
__________________
"Life is tough .... It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story" - Barney Stinson
CDN_bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy