MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2011, 04:38 PM   #41
ride-red
Monster

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 1000RR
04 VT1100C2
00 CBR929RR (SOLD)

good write up by the way!
ride-red is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wreck speedracer2536 General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 10-01-2008 01:49 PM
Wreck delinquent Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 21 04-12-2008 02:40 PM
Another Wreck djnos General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 08-23-2007 05:39 PM
M/C wreck bentgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 07-18-2006 07:38 PM
another wreck RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 06-15-2006 03:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2011, 05:08 PM   #42
Stromtrooper
Trust me I know what I'm

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'08 Wee-Strom DL650
Trek OCLV 5200

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
I think most people are missing the point. ... The classes let you know what those things are and give you an opportunity to practice them so when things go wrong, you're not trying to remember what you saw that one guy do on TV a month ago.
And as I have learned:
  1. It is highly unlikely the person will be revived and up and running after CPR, but most important,
  1. there is no tongue involved in real CPR
Stromtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:14 PM   #43
yumbeef
beef eater

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
08 ninja 250r
06 cbr600rr

good advice on remaining calm and not having the potentially injured person move around due to the chance of messing something up even worse (i.e. paralysis). what is strange is the last cpr/first aid class i took, i can't recall the trainer mentioning to not move an unconscious person unless if they're in harms way (i.e. knocked out in the middle of traffic).
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP171 View Post
I'm not disagreeing that the advice is sound, but that it is given at all, the advice is in violation of several laws and rules, we have had one person get busted by the state for it and I really hate seeing that. the best advice is to go take a class in firstaid/CPR then do what they teach you. advice like the above gets to be what is called practicing medicine without a license. I have been a Paramedic for over 20 years so yea its sound but getting too involved. It will get someone in trouble
true. even cpr practices change over time. for example, the 2nd to last cpr class i took was probably 10 years ago, which taught chest compressions and breathing. the last cpr class i took 2 years ago taught breaths were optional and to focus on chest compressions if you're not comfortable breathing into someone else.
yumbeef is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement