Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2011, 12:10 AM   #41
r3psol_ryder
DOUBLE ARE!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2014 CBR 1000rr
2001 honda xrfitty
2008 Honda CBR 1000rr w/Repsol Plastix-SOLD
1997 gixxer 600 SRAD-SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to r3psol_ryder
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Had three plus sweepers and what I gather a new rider was determined to sweep and stalled out at a stop sign.

true story!!! i think there were like 4 of them that wanted to "Sweep"
r3psol_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
S.H.I.T. (Sure Happy Its Thursday) Meet is on. Spring, Woodlands, Conroe, Northsiders Krazy D Events, Meets and Rides 14 11-09-2012 10:08 PM
S.H.I.T. (Sure Happy Its Thursday) Meet is on. Spring, Woodlands, Conroe, Northsiders Krazy D Events, Meets and Rides 2 10-24-2012 04:41 PM
attn: northsiders....So I was thinking.... Perf_White_GT Events, Meets and Rides 47 03-30-2011 06:13 PM
10.24.09 Northsiders... TONIGHT! CaligoneTx Events, Meets and Rides 1 10-24-2009 06:36 PM
*Northsiders meetin where for ASI? xMONSTER-MACx Events, Meets and Rides 11 09-30-2009 07:37 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #42
Charliebrown

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
zzr

Hope everyone rides safe.
That super cell storm is about to start blowing through.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #43
ChrisTie

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi Z1000
1998 Yami Seca II XJ600S
1998 Honda Shadow 600 (sold)
2001 Suzuki 750 Katana (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgaWhat View Post
got there at 8:20ish....

didnt know where to go and was at the walmart looking at my phone to see if there was a specific spot

there were 3 of us and my buddy spotted a group, i didnt see..too busy looking at phone, and by the time we turned the bikes on and took off., attempted to follow down a black tarred road that was still being contructed...lost the pack and did a u turn at the church

ended up eating at BW3 in that area and headed home after the mavericks game

It was really chaotic ~ hate to say it but I was kinda glad we shrunk down to a group of 6, it was easier to manage the group.
Thank y'all to those who showed & went riding- was a nice ride new path
ChrisTie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:20 AM   #44
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Trackdays: 3

Kinda felt bad for the other guy on the SV. he ended up following me instead of everyone else. And then on top of that he ended up stalling the bike.

He looked when i told him I wasnt going where everyone else was going.

Overall night for the guy, but hopefully someone bought him a beer and made him feel better.

BUT, once I was "relieved" of sweeping duties, I was able to attempt to have some fun after I passed the second half of the group

Last edited by Perf_White_GT; 04-26-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Perf_White_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #45
jph1486

Bike(s):
yzf600r(sold) 03 fiddy
zx6
zx10
kx250f

I'm back
Old 04-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #46
IcedSuzuki
Ricer Wannabe

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki GS500F
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa

Member Garage

My eyes!!!! They're bleeding!!!!

j/k

but seriously, I'm just going to leave the fking tinted visor at home and use the shades in the trunk with a clear visor...
IcedSuzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #47
F4injected
aka juan?

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
'05 CBR600F4i

. I need to upload those pictures of ya'll riding 2-up on that scooter
F4injected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:40 AM   #48
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedSuzuki View Post
but seriously, I'm just going to leave the fking tinted visor at home and use the shades in the trunk with a clear visor...
Dont be a . JK

If my clear visor didnt decide to commit suicide by jumping out of my backpack on the freeway I would probably use it more. But since I am too lazy to buy another clear I just have became used to riding with the dark tint all the time.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:40 AM   #49
bigmike
SV650

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650

Member Garage

1st things 1st, before we left I said that I would be sweeping and everyone gave me the north and south. as we were pulling out 2 of the riders refused to pull out in front of me so as to put me in the rear so I finally said the with it and left. as we got going the 2 that faught over leaving last started gettin to close for comfort so I waved them by me and they ended up passing pretty much the entire group putting me where I should have been to begin with, in the back. we came up to a stop sign and yes my bike stalled out, and everyone kept going. my shifter was loose and I was not able to get it back into neutral (it prolly didnt help me already being furious about the beginning of the ride). I'm not a idiot and have been riding for more than a day. This is the reason I had hesitations about ever going on a ride with people I did not know and trust. To the 6 of you that didnt flake out I had a really good safe time with yall and would ride again any day. I'm not naming any names good or bad so if the shoe fits wear it.
bigmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:41 AM   #50
IcedSuzuki
Ricer Wannabe

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki GS500F
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber View Post
Oh yes, he stalled. Almost fall over go boom, too. We were in the Prius waiting patiently at the stop sign. I would have stopped and offered to click his bike into neutral but I had a screaming child in the back.
Did you see me?!?! I didn't see you! I was the cool guy right in front of mike(sweeper) with the giant zipper bag lol
Old 04-26-2011, 12:41 AM   #51
ChrisTie

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi Z1000
1998 Yami Seca II XJ600S

Quote:
My eyes!!!! They're bleeding!!!!

j/k

Hindsights 20/20 eh
Old 04-26-2011, 12:46 AM   #52
ChrisTie

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi Z1000
1998 Yami Seca II XJ600S

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4injected View Post
. I need to upload those pictures of ya'll riding 2-up on that scooter
that was funny- 1's a non MH guy but who's the MH user that did that?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:46 AM   #53
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike View Post
1st things 1st, before we left I said that I would be sweeping and everyone gave me the north and south. as we were pulling out 2 of the riders refused to pull out in front of me so as to put me in the rear so I finally said the with it and left. as we got going the 2 that faught over leaving last started gettin to close for comfort so I waved them by me and they ended up passing pretty much the entire group putting me where I should have been to begin with, in the back. we came up to a stop sign and yes my bike stalled out, and everyone kept going. my shifter was loose and I was not able to get it back into neutral (it prolly didnt help me already being furious about the beginning of the ride). I'm not a idiot and have been riding for more than a day. This is the reason I had hesitations about ever going on a ride with people I did not know and trust. To the 6 of you that didnt flake out I had a really good safe time with yall and would ride again any day. I'm not naming any names good or bad so if the shoe fits wear it.
Honestly though you didn't belong in the back. You should have been second to last or more towards the middle.
You may be a experienced rider, but you were on unfamiliar roads. Had you been more towards the middle you probably would have had someone that could have helped you with your bike and guided you to the bar afterwards.

Had I known you got left behind I would have came back to help you. Cause my first thought was ", where is he?" when we all realized that you were not there.

But If I am being grouped in the "flake" group, then oh well.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:48 AM   #54
IcedSuzuki
Ricer Wannabe

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki GS500F
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post
Dont be a . JK
The first part of the ride was fine. Didn't need a visor for that. But after we ate at wolfies we rode a good 2hr ride on the northside backroads going at a spirited pace. I could only go 110 before the cheap sunglasses i bought started moving around in my helmet and the on the road started going into my eyes. Fking dark roads/curves with flying all around while going 70+ doesn't mix well with those cheap glasses. goes straight into my eyes. I think I even chewed on a beetle or something halfway in the ride.

It's all good tho. It was my own fault. Just saying
Old 04-26-2011, 12:54 AM   #55
bigmike
SV650

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650

Member Garage

Quote:
The first part of the ride was fine. Didn't need a visor for that. But after we ate at wolfies we rode a good 2hr ride on the northside backroads going at a spirited pace. I could only go 110 before the cheap sunglasses i bought started moving around in my helmet and the on the road started going into my eyes. Fking dark roads/curves with flying all around while going 70+ doesn't mix well with those cheap glasses. goes straight into my eyes. I think I even chewed on a beetle or something halfway in the ride.

It's all good tho. It was my own fault. Just saying
haha dude even with a visor those rocks sucked !!! good times though, can't wait to learn my way around those back roads
Old 04-26-2011, 12:55 AM   #56
r3psol_ryder
DOUBLE ARE!

Bike(s):
2014 CBR 1000rr
2001 honda xrfitty

Quote:
woah gear down there big shifter... its all good... stuff happens... and usually when it does someone on the forum will try to push other peoples buttons... you gotta have thick skin around here sometimes

this is why the sweeper should be someone familiar with the route and destination so that if something happens 1. they can run to the front of the pack to stop them so no rider gets left behind or 2. they stay back to help the lost rider get caught up again.
bigger groups can be great and provide more visibility from cagers and LEO's are usually less prone to pick on you
but they need to be well organized
Old 04-26-2011, 01:08 AM   #57
bigmike
SV650

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3psol_ryder View Post
woah gear down there big shifter... its all good... stuff happens... and usually when it does someone on the forum will try to push other peoples buttons... you gotta have thick skin around here sometimes

this is why the sweeper should be someone familiar with the route and destination so that if something happens 1. they can run to the front of the pack to stop them so no rider gets left behind or 2. they stay back to help the lost rider get caught up again.
bigger groups can be great and provide more visibility from cagers and LEO's are usually less prone to pick on you
but they need to be well organized
yeah... I'm still stuck in rip there head off and down there throat mode from bein in the Infantry for so long lol
Trust me this doesnt bother me half as much as it sounded like it did lol just need to get a drink in me to cool down after readin some of the said. Its all good though no hard feelings here anymore lol. I just have to say though that the first things out of my mouth when I meet people from MH is 1) I've lived here for 2 weeks, and 2) I'm not new to riding just new to the sport bike scene. that said your right I prolly shoulnt have swept BUT no one else would speak up so I did. Next time we will have alot more time to plan, this just goes to show that a last minute deal like this isnt the best option.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:23 AM   #58
F4injected
aka juan?

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
'05 CBR600F4i

ry3D400ry3D400ry3D400ry3D400

F4injected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:24 AM   #59
r3psol_ryder
DOUBLE ARE!

Bike(s):
2014 CBR 1000rr
2001 honda xrfitty

Quote:
yeah... I'm still stuck in rip there head off and down there throat mode from bein in the Infantry for so long lol
Trust me this doesnt bother me half as much as it sounded like it did lol just need to get a drink in me to cool down after readin some of the said. Its all good though no hard feelings here anymore lol. I just have to say though that the first things out of my mouth when I meet people from MH is 1) I've lived here for 2 weeks, and 2) I'm not new to riding just new to the sport bike scene. that said your right I prolly shoulnt have swept BUT no one else would speak up so I did. Next time we will have alot more time to plan, this just goes to show that a last minute deal like this isnt the best option.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:28 AM   #60
ChrisTie

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi Z1000
1998 Yami Seca II XJ600S

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4injected View Post
ry3D400ry3D400ry3D400ry3D400

And of course we only noticed the "NO UNSUPERVISED ADULTS ALLOWED" sign on top of the doorway afterwards

Advertisement