Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2011, 01:17 AM   #21
Feedback Rating: (0)

You could have at least have had insurance if you are sharing the road

If the registration on the bike is expired you could have negotiated the price of the bike more.In the mean time good luck

Leather&Lace Racing Leather Repair
281-657-589 zero
kalanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I just got pulled over. . . lilblueninja General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 03-21-2011 10:49 PM
Got pulled over tonight without my insurance. eltejano Off Topic 22 10-15-2010 05:22 PM
Quick question about buying used bike, registration, insurance Father of Two General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 05-20-2010 08:28 AM
Got pulled over... rickykline General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 02-12-2006 03:48 PM
MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE/CAR INSURANCE PETE General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 11-06-2005 03:46 PM
Old 06-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #22

Do you have pics of the bike completely torn apart? I would show those to the judge also to try to prove that the bike has not been operatable for awhile and that is the reason it wasn't registered.
Yzf_racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:15 AM   #23
i rock knobbies
Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

same thing happened with me...registration and insurance tickets.

was in the process of getting bonded title and had 30 days of insurance coverage on a new vehicle from my insurance company. I showed up to court with the newly acquired title and registration, a copy of my newly acquired insurance on the bike, and my previous policy showing coverage of the ticket date on my truck. A lady called to verify I was covered at the time, and that my policy extends to new purchases. DA dismissed it with no fees.

Last edited by hotnanas; 06-22-2011 at 10:18 AM.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 04:03 AM   #24

Experience: 4 years

04 Gsxr-600 (sold)
07 cbr-RR 600 (sold)
07 R6 (sold)
09 R1

Originally Posted by NAILLZ View Post
i got pulled over on my R6 without insurance and the cop gave me a ticket. which was a hefty $350. when i got to the courthouse, the women asked if i had ANY kind of insurance and i showed her my car insurance which at the time of the pullover i was covered. She dismissed the ticket solely on my car insurance.

So in closing if you had car insurance when the pig stopped you, then you should be good when you get to the courthouse to pay your fees (if any)

in TEXAS if you have a full coverage on one of your vehicles, techincally you will be covered for all your vehicles.
haythamboi600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #25
Feedback Rating: (3)

lots of em

hahahahahah, nope, registration ticket sticks, pay up and be happy they are not "moving violations" and dont add up to points.......really me off, they probably let you ride away on it after the tickets

Originally Posted by albertogti117 View Post
So I was riding home today when I got pulled over. I've only had the bike running for a few weeks, before that it was sitting in my buddy's garage for years. I got a ticket for no registration and no insurance. Now the problem is, the registration has been expired since 2007. To my understanding, if I get the bike registered and get insurance, I should be able to get the ticket dismissed, correct? If so, how do I go about registering such an out of date tag without getting raped by fees? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]

I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:18 PM   #26
Trackdays:7 Crashes:3
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 7

2001 SV650S
2001 R6 SOLD

Member Garage

Originally Posted by haythamboi600 View Post
in TEXAS if you have a full coverage on one of your vehicles, techincally you will be covered for all your vehicles.
For realz?

I have a question. does anyone know the form needed to transfer a vehicle title into my name? I bought a bike and i need to register it. I would like to fill the paper work out b4 i go to the tax office. Also, I dont think the previous owner did the registration into his name. If i cant get a hold of him then i have to apply for a bonded title right? Is this a pain in the ? Would it be worth trying to find the previous owner?
i think this makes him look human. you always get people thinking they soooooo perfect, well your not. at least Obama was cool enough to be himself. thats why i look up to him, he's like an average black male but with intelligence. -Actual Quote from a Barack Obama supporter
Jetkillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #27
Lawyers Guns and Money

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Never heard of car insurance covering a person's bike. I'd have to see a statute on that one.

You got the ticket, you're on the hook. Doesnt matter who the bike is officially registered to.

Having been 4 years since registration you may not be able to get a dismissal by registering it now. I was told by a jp once that because my registration had been put for too long that even though I'd registered it in the meantime I still had to pay the ticket.

You're screwed on the insurance. Getting insurance after the fact will not help you with the ticket.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote