Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Dodger
Middle Aged Teenager

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2002 ZZR1200

Member Garage

unsure if this is possible

I'm currently on a 2002 ZX-12 C1 (ZZR1200). Anyways, I have dual exhaust (stock) and would like to convert to 4 into 1, but the catch, I want to run it under my seat. Now doing so, am I going to have to do mode to my cards, fuel pumps (2 on the bike) etc etc. I have it torn down now doing PM on it since I just finished a 3900 mile ride the other night. I'm also thinking going to iridium plugs but again, unsure that will damage anything. Just ordered a new chain and will get sockets tomorrow. My sockets look food still (they are oem steel sprockets) and am considering paints the whole thing lol. Yes I know its a lot of stuff, and most I will do myself but if I am unsure I will ask. Given the great help that some member have offered (that's what made me join) I figure the worse that cam happen is noone knows lol. Thank you in advance and I am always around to help in anyway I can
Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unsure on some gear apoe87 Gear Talk 4 05-25-2008 10:34 PM
I got offerd a job...im just slightly unsure about taking it, opinions? scrapp Off Topic 78 10-11-2006 11:16 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #2
c2duevas
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
07 suzuki gsxr600
02 kawasaki zrx1200r - RIP
94 suzuki gsx600f - sold
07 cool sports 150 - wrecked
97 bmw 740il (cage)

Member Garage

User is banned

c2duevas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #3
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

i seriously doubt there's a stock underseat exhaust for that bike, but you could mod the back half of a zx12 system. anything's possible. the easiest yet would be a can hidden uder the bike
Old 04-24-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
Dodger
Middle Aged Teenager

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2002 ZZR1200

Member Garage

Ugh. I just read my post. Droid does auto spelling. As for under the bike, I believe that will cause an issue with speed bumps or steep drive ways (I also work in Louisiana where its pretty much a curb) I've got a few recommended places for the design but wanted to know if it would create havoc with compression and stuff. I can tear anything apart and replace and stuff. But to diagnose, well I'm clueless.. thank you again.
Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:05 PM   #5
craigntx
team ftp

Feedback Rating: (21)

Bike(s):
all sold, wrecked, or stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
Ugh. I just read my post. Droid does auto spelling. As for under the bike, I believe that will cause an issue with speed bumps or steep drive ways (I also work in Louisiana where its pretty much a curb) I've got a few recommended places for the design but wanted to know if it would create havoc with compression and stuff. I can tear anything apart and replace and stuff. But to diagnose, well I'm clueless.. thank you again.
some folks run short side exit pipes with no compression issues as you say. they/you will then need custom fuel injection/carb tuning to compensate for lack of back pressure. this will lead to power loss somewhere in the powerband.
imho the best option would be make a zx12 system work on your bike or get one made specifically for your bike. the zx forum might be your best source of info
good luck
caig

Advertisement