Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #81
morvegil
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston&Minneapolis
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,397


Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter






User is banned

.
morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
more cuts to USPS pester Off Topic 65 08-30-2012 11:23 PM
School bus cuts Candie Off Topic 63 08-26-2009 07:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2011, 01:29 PM   #82
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing
 
PYROBUG51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SPRING
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 6,158


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)






Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
Its time to let stupid people die.


I agree but the City is worried about lawsuits and the liability of not transporting a patient...We have to take kids with a boo boo on their hand even if its not even life threatening We take Bums who wanna get out of the Cold Heat and who are Hungry, we take the drunks HPD doesnt want to take, we take anyone and everyone who feels like taking a ride to the Hospital
Who needs to call make a Appointment, use their gas, put miles on their vehicle, wait for a Dr, drop a co-pay to see them, get back in the car use their gas again (GAS IS HIGH YOU KNOW), go to CVS or Walgreens, PAY to get their prescription, then drive home using their gas again! All that gas money can be used for drugs, alcohol, Perms, Nails, ect...WHEN YOU CAN CALL 911 AND GET EVERYTHING DONE IN ONE SHOT AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS FIND A RIDE HOME

Drum Roll...If you dont work cant find a job not looking for a job.....The other hard working citizens will pay for it as their INSURANCE GOES UP....BOOM

Last edited by PYROBUG51; 04-26-2011 at 01:33 PM.
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #83
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
I save people Cab and Bus fare....I take them to the Hospital for free
No you don't. You just don't get paid for it right then and there.

Someone is paying the bill.
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:06 PM   #84
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post


I agree but the City is worried about lawsuits and the liability of not transporting a patient...
Even though those lawsuits are doomed to fail?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
We have to take kids with a boo boo on their hand even if its not even life threatening
No you don't. There is no moral, ethical or legal reason you can't tell them they are not going to the hospital in the van with the flashy lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
We take Bums who wanna get out of the Cold Heat and who are Hungry,
Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
we take the drunks HPD doesnt want to take,
Again - WHY?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
we take anyone and everyone who feels like taking a ride to the Hospital
And you wonder why there's a budget shortfall...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
Who needs to call make a Appointment, use their gas, put miles on their vehicle, wait for a Dr, drop a co-pay to see them, get back in the car use their gas again (GAS IS HIGH YOU KNOW), go to CVS or Walgreens, PAY to get their prescription, then drive home using their gas again! All that gas money can be used for drugs, alcohol, Perms, Nails, ect...WHEN YOU CAN CALL 911 AND GET EVERYTHING DONE IN ONE SHOT AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS FIND A RIDE HOME
Because you dont have the stones to say "Uh - NO"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
Drum Roll...If you dont work cant find a job not looking for a job.....The other hard working citizens will pay for it as their INSURANCE GOES UP....BOOM
No ? Really? Thank you Captain Obvious.
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:58 PM   #85
Colonel
Big Blu
 
Colonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 456

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr









Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
I already participate in a fund raiser...You know it as paying your property taxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
agreed 100%
these guys need funding like anyone else and you know well we don't get to decide where our tax money we pay goes too, so help a brother out in an industry that helps save lives!

Like teachers, underpaid and over worked and they go places we don't want to to help those we definitely don't want to!

Just show up, that can be your contribution, leave it to use with hearts to raise a few dollars for a brother posting in need.
__________________
Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:03 PM   #86
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
these guys need funding like anyone else and you know well we don't get to decide where our tax money we pay goes too, so help a brother out in an industry that helps save lives!
Not to put too fine a point on it, but I dont see anyone doing fund raisers for my wife and she saves lives every day - every SINGLE day. She's a nurse.

Unlike firefighters and cops, she can lose her job at any time, just because the hospital has too many. In fact, she got told she's not working tonight - so there goes another day lost for which she isn't compensated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
Like teachers, underpaid and over worked and they go places we don't want to to help those we definitely don't want to!
ROFL! Oh that's funny!

Teachers? The average HISD teacher makes in the mid to high 50s. Not bad for a 9 month a year job.

Cops? Did you miss the story about how many cops pull down over 100K per year?

Underpaid and overworked my ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
Just show up, that can be your contribution, leave it to use with hearts to raise a few dollars for a brother posting in need.
Nope. Sorry - they knew the pay and the risks. I don't put someone on a pedestal who is already taking my tax dollars because he does a job I'm not allowed to do by law. Donating additional time and resources doesn't show that you have a heart. It just shows that you believe the propaganda.

Don't misunderstand me - i respect firemen for what they do. I do not, however, think they deserve some special treatment just because.

Cops? Especially HPD? Nope - the only thing separating them from the guys in the back of the car is the badge.
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.

Last edited by honorsdaddy; 04-26-2011 at 05:07 PM.
honorsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #87
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing
 
PYROBUG51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SPRING
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 6,158


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)






Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Even though those lawsuits are doomed to fail?

No you don't. There is no moral, ethical or legal reason you can't tell them they are not going to the hospital in the van with the flashy lights.

Why?

Again - WHY?

And you wonder why there's a budget shortfall...

Because you dont have the stones to say "Uh - NO"

No ? Really? Thank you Captain Obvious.
If you only really knew what you were talking about The Only statement I can relate to is that you Calling me Captain OBVIOUS anytime you need help understanding the system Ill sit down over a beer and EJUMACATE U
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #88
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
If you only really knew what you were talking about The Only statement I can relate to is that you Calling me Captain OBVIOUS anytime you need help understanding the system Ill sit down over a beer and EJUMACATE U
Hey - I'm more than willing to learn, and I admit when I'm wrong.
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 05:35 PM   #89
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing
 
PYROBUG51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SPRING
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 6,158


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)






Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Hey - I'm more than willing to learn, and I admit when I'm wrong.
Not about having STONES to tell people they cant go to the hospital

But a kid who hung around the station stated he had a headache the guys at the station told him to go home and he had a brain bleed and later died...thats why WE HAVE TO transport every MINOR....His family Sued the City cause they should had checked him out...even though he went to the firehouse just to hang out
We are not DR's or xray machines out in the fireld..WE BETTER BE RIGHT if we NO LOAD THEM..if not.... its gonna cost us our JOBS or even a complaint by (Individuals who think they are entittled to medical care)...I love my job to just throw it away by telling people they cant go to the hospital...I have my thoughts and fustrations already..sometimes I have to bottle it all up and save it for later...

All we need is one person to die that we didnt transport to lose our jobs
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:57 PM   #90
morvegil
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston&Minneapolis
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,397


Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter






User is banned

.
morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:06 PM   #91
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing
 
PYROBUG51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: SPRING
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 6,158


Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)






Quote:
Originally Posted by morvegil View Post
My buddy works for a private EMS. He got fired because he told this for the 50th time to stop calling the Ambulance for headaches....

The complained, my buddy got fired.
Yup happens all the time
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #92
HMFIC
Senior Member
 
HMFIC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tierra de Azucar
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,812

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F






Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Cops? Especially HPD? Nope - the only thing separating them from the guys in the back of the car is the badge.
Are u basing all your "hatred" toward Officers based on personal experience? Just curious....Im glad you think Im a criminal...LOL
__________________
Frank
HMFIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:28 AM   #93
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMFIC View Post
Are u basing all your "hatred" toward Officers based on personal experience? Just curious....Im glad you think Im a criminal...LOL
Personal experience, as well as news stories, and just what has happened to police departments in general over the years.

There are some good ones - i freely admit that. Most county PDs are OK. State cops as a rule are pretty good. City cops - especially in large cities - tend to be some of the most corrupt civil servants ever to disgrace a badge.

Its not hatred so much as disgust. The general attitude they display is not one of "Peace Officer" but rather "Law Enforcement Officer"...and the distinction is dramatic. The "Us v. Them" mentality many develop is revolting - understandable, but revolting.
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #94
v4lu3s
Senior Member
 
v4lu3s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Conroe
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,381

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
Happens alot..people call and ask us to take them to a certain hospital for medical issues that can be taken care of at a closer hospital but they demand to go to their hospital...

Ok I can see if you have cancer and NEED to go to MD Anderson..thats OK!

But being on the Sw side stating you NEED to be transported to LBJ on the NE side cause your stomach hurts (which can be treated at any hospital) ...UM Not so much buddy

Your going to SW MEMORIAL ...LOL they get sooo
We do the same. tell em "we go to LBJ" they say "i want to go to methodist" we say "then move closer to methodist"
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #95
v4lu3s
Senior Member
 
v4lu3s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Conroe
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,381

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2003 CBR 600 F4i -- Sold




Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Even though those lawsuits are doomed to fail?

No you don't. There is no moral, ethical or legal reason you can't tell them they are not going to the hospital in the van with the flashy lights.

Why?

Again - WHY?

And you wonder why there's a budget shortfall...

Because you dont have the stones to say "Uh - NO"

No ? Really? Thank you Captain Obvious.


The City doesn't fight lawsuits they settle out of court. If you not just read the news, but also paid attention to it you would have seen that pattern many years ago.

There is a HUGE legal reason you CANNOT refuse to transport, its city ordinance.

Perhaps you would be less judgmental if you were less ignorant.
v4lu3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 12:34 PM   #96
Colonel
Big Blu
 
Colonel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Miami
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 456

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr









Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
Not to put too fine a point on it, but I dont see anyone doing fund raisers for my wife and she saves lives every day - every SINGLE day. She's a nurse.
Nurses House, I raised over $10,000 for them last year.

So I think if you look hard enough you will see there is always someone who cares for people like your wife or the EMS or the firefighters out there.

Remember MR. Robinson- Won't you be my neighbor!
__________________
Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:05 PM   #97
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor
 
honorsdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: My desk.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,061

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)






Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by v4lu3s View Post
The City doesn't fight lawsuits they settle out of court. If you not just read the news, but also paid attention to it you would have seen that pattern many years ago.

There is a HUGE legal reason you CANNOT refuse to transport, its city ordinance.

Perhaps you would be less judgmental if you were less ignorant.
Well that's just stupid.

Ok - i stand corrected. I was wrong. Not the first time, wont be the last.
__________________
Keeping the "fun" in "dysfunctional" since 1969.
honorsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:03 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy