MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #121
NitroHonda
Deaf

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
you aren't going to be able to swing at no one once you are on a back board and strapped down to the gurney.
That's true. Like I said... I'll be trying though... Thanks for the heads up. I'll focus my energy on spitting once strapped in. I can hawk a loogie... Bart Simpson-style.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"It's tough to run a protection racket when people don't feel threatened..." jwreck The Circus 0 01-03-2015 11:22 AM
nba 2k15 "face scan" is making some people look hilarious silverfudge Off Topic 2 10-10-2014 07:13 AM
Quote Of The Day: "Where Do White People Play...?" Racer997 Off Topic 67 08-07-2009 09:44 AM
Talk about a "whoa, mabye i should stfu" moment dotcom Off Topic 7 12-08-2005 10:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #122
ArtistMarty

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

Quote:
i've been called worse by better people. have a great day
I am not really calling you a name..
it is more of a "character",

and better? like you know..

you are just spewing nonsense,
you dont care about me,
you probably love to see someone crash, so you could say, "I told you so", or ............poke them and then say "does it hurt".
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #123
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistMarty View Post
I am not really calling you a name..
it is more of a "character",

and better? like you know..

you are just spewing nonsense,
you dont care about me,
you probably love to see someone crash, so you could say, "I told you so", or ............poke them and then say "does it hurt".
nope, not at all. I don't want to be the one that has to wipe your while you're under my care. If I can prevent injuries my educating/shaming/insulting you into compliance, then there is a less likely chance I'll have to start an IV on you, manage your pain pills, wipe your , start a foley catheter, call doctors and get x-rays ordered, drag your into surgury, record everything the doctor does to clean you wounds of glass, dirt, oil and general road debris. get it?
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #124
ArtistMarty

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

Quote:
no. health care professionals will make life miserable for those who don't ride with a helmet and those who drive without a seatbelt. NEVER tell your ER nurse that you were riding without gear. you will get ZERO sympathy and a little extra rough handling. consider this your fair warning
if you are in health care, in any way you, need to get out!
Old 04-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #125
ArtistMarty

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

Quote:
nope, not at all. I don't want to be the one that has to wipe your while you're under my care. If I can prevent injuries my educating/shaming/insulting you into compliance, then there is a less likely chance I'll have to start an IV on you, manage your pain pills, wipe your , start a foley catheter, call doctors and get x-rays ordered, drag your into surgury, record everything the doctor does to clean you wounds of glass, dirt, oil and general road debris. get it?
you rhetoric is appalling!
I feel very sorry for you, you are one sad individual.

this thread is about people like you

Last edited by ArtistMarty; 04-23-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #126
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
if you are in health care, in any way you, need to get out!
that is everyone in ER and meat wagons. those aren't my rules and I didn't make them up. been that way ever since I was a kid and my buddy made the mistake of telling a ER nurse that he wasn't wearing his seat belt when he rolled hi bronco. don't shoot the messenger, just play by the rules and keep your mouth shut if you are ever in that situation. friendly advise
Old 04-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #127
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
if you say so
Old 04-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #128
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
that is everyone in ER and meat wagons. those aren't my rules and I didn't make them up. been that way ever since I was a kid and my buddy made the mistake of telling a ER nurse that he wasn't wearing his seat belt when he rolled hi bronco. don't shoot the messenger, just play by the rules and keep your mouth shut if you are ever in that situation. friendly advise
I disagree with the rhetoric behind it but it's definitely good advice. I have bumped into some nurses who would rather judge somebody rather than treat them.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:41 PM   #129
The Trav
slowpoke

Experience: 6 years

Quote:

Get off your high horse.

Quote:
I understand what you have been trying to say, and thanks for the friendly advice. I just hope i dont find myself in that situation. I try and religiously practice ATGATT.

However, you probably could have said it a little bit nicer considering all the easily hurt people on this forum.
I will not allow myself the weakness to lay aside responsibility of my actions to a higher power and write that weakness off as destiny. Vigilance, intelligence and discipline keep us alive out there.
-kib
Rest In Peace Chris Owens aka faster321, you will be missed...
The Trav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #130
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I disagree with the rhetoric behind it but it's definitely good advice. I have bumped into some nurses who would rather judge somebody rather than treat them.
I don't judge anyone. my patients need care and I give it to them. but wouldn't it be much better to avoid all of that if you could? reality sucks, that what the scared straight program revolves around. reality. the reality is, that most patients in the hospital eat themselves into their illness. do I bash them for it? nope. do I educate them on the importance of losing weith and proper diet? yep. even call in dieticians to help them change their diet. since there are no motorcycleticians that work in a hospital to educate riders on proper protective equipment, it has to be done in the community setting. this forum is considered a community forum. threads like this are the education. not trying to be an (ok, maybe a little), buta hard ugly look at what is instore is quite often the only way to get through to people.

Last edited by witchdoctor575; 04-23-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #131
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trav View Post
Get off your high horse.

I understand what you have been trying to say, and thanks for the friendly advice. I just hope i dont find myself in that situation. I try and religiously practice ATGATT.

However, you probably could have said it a little bit nicer considering all the easily hurt people on this forum.

I have been here for a long time, and hurt people come and go. nothing new and no reason to water down the truth when it could save someone the agony of operations and skin grafts. I have had skin grafts, back in 1994, it was a terrible experience and I would not wish that on my worst enemy.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #132
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Quote:

Seriously are really this stupid? really? REALLY?

You came on this thread and basically told everyone to just be happy dont worry. nothing bad will happen, andargggggg you are so annoying if you go down without gear I am sorry... I really am.. but you will get no sympathy from me. I think you are an idiot. hense forth this is the last time ill reply to anything you say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #133
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleassassin View Post
Seriously are really this stupid? really? REALLY?

You came on this thread and basically told everyone to just be happy dont worry. nothing bad will happen, andargggggg you are so annoying if you go down without gear I am sorry... I really am.. but you will get no sympathy from me. I think you are an idiot. hense forth this is the last time ill reply to anything you say.
so uhm...... tell me how you really feel
Old 04-23-2011, 01:58 PM   #134
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):

Quote:
no i would get banned again.

Quote:
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
Old 04-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #135
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleassassin View Post
no i would get banned again.
bwahahahahahaha
Old 04-23-2011, 02:01 PM   #136
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
I don't judge anyone. my patients need care and I give it to them. but wouldn't it be much better to avoid all of that if you could? reality sucks, that what the scared straight program revolves around. reality. the reality is, that most patients in the hospital eat themselves into their illness. do I bash them for it? nope. do I educate them on the importance of losing weith and proper diet? yep. even call in dieticians to help them change their diet. since there are no motorcycleticians that work in a hospital to educate riders on proper protective equipment, it has to be done in the community setting. this forum is considered a community forum. threads like this are the education. not trying to be an (ok, maybe a little), buta hard ugly look at what is instore is quite often the only way to get through to people.
I wasn't saying you per se. What that other poster said was pretty much... terrible compared to what you said. Just health professionals in general. You gave out some really good advice that I completely agree with. My brother is a medical assistant for an orthopedic up in the Woodlands so we get a lot of "inside" horror stories from him about what folks tell nurses and how they respond.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #137
Rael
Communist Plant

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

Quote:
I'm getting some serious deja vu. I could swear I've read a thread where humbleassassin goes off without a filter, and then someone says "tell me how you really feel."

Rael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:06 PM   #138
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I wasn't saying you per se. What that other poster said was pretty much... terrible compared to what you said. Just health professionals in general. You gave out some really good advice that I completely agree with. My brother is a medical assistant for an orthopedic up in the Woodlands so we get a lot of "inside" horror stories from him about what folks tell nurses and how they respond.
oh, I know. people don't really realize that being a health care provider of any sort is stressful and we see some real nasty on a daily basis. yes we get jaded and even get angry when pointless, needless injuries occur. Too much in this life can happen purely by accident without adding to our bad odds. I've pulled people burned to a crisp out of wrecks, taken care of tiny babies that were ill, had my hands inside of abdomens cleaning out wounds etc. it all is terrible and would be so much nicer, once again, if we can even save one person from coming to see us we win. Kinda like being a mormon and converting someone.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:07 PM   #139
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael View Post
I'm getting some serious deja vu. I could swear I've read a thread where humbleassassin goes off without a filter, and then someone says "tell me how you really feel."

haha, it was prolly me. I like that perticular saying
Old 04-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #140
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael View Post

hey easy now... Ninja riders stand together your supposed to defend me

Quote:
GIVE IT TO ME!

Advertisement