MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #81
NitroHonda
Deaf

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleassassin View Post
WoW....

Ok ftr most of the guys here are 100% right. wear your gear had I not been wearing mine I would most likely be dead or a vegitable. I was hit by someone. I wasnt running from the cops, I wasnt running triple didgits. happens. But I can say the best quote here was *dress for the accident not the ride*
Dont give me bullshit about its to hot. When you see a road crew working in the 100 degree weather are they in shorts? The lawn crew? ANY job that works in the sunlight. The human body is cooled by sweat also. They wear the long sleeves ect to keep the sweat trapped in, thsi in turn cools them.
I hated science but even I recall that from 6th grade.
Now for teh deaf guy. I am sorry you are deaf, truly I am. I would hate to have a disability. Now with that being said. stfu. I know several riders that are deaf and if I can get them on here they will tell you to off and stop making excuses. Most people with a handycap dont use it as a crutch, most want to be seen normal, they strive to not be seen as less of a person, so far all I seen you do is argue about rules. and NOT ALL deaf people can talk clear so kudos to you. No one here care if you need a an interpitation or not. Do you think that when you are rushed to the hospital with blood running or limbs hanging they are going to say oh he is deaf let him sit on the side and die, or the paramedic who is scaping your fingers off the ground to try to sew them back on care that you are deaf. Nope... they only thing that they care about is trying to save your life. I thank for those poeple who put up with selfish who think they are entitled to it.
There that is my .02 Wear gear if not your a squid... boast about it ok.... your still a squid. I have gone without the gear. and I have just been lucky, I dont want to just be lucky. Your bike is not a normal car with 1200 lbs of metal in front of you to pad some of the impact.. You are basically a moving slab of meat. Grow up and act like it.

Why are you sorry? I'm not. In fact, I'm actually sorry that hearing people can hear. I can't imagine life being otherwise.

Yeah, I agree the hospital interpreter stuff should be left for a different thread. That being said... actively saving a life and merely communicating with a doctor/nurse are two whole different things. You're lumping one with another somewhat here.

You know several Deaf riders who would disagree with the gloves? I find that VERY hard to believe but they ARE out there. FWIW, people who became Deaf at a later age do not count because this has to do with LANGUAGE not the disability itself. I would hope you get them on here because odds are pretty good that I know them and I can probably tell you something about them. There simply aren't that many of them.

I don't get why you think I am boasting that the gloves come off when we ride in groups. I don't get it. Rules? This has nothing to do with rules. This has to do with the act of riding safely. Crashing is something different. Plan for the crash or plan for the safe ride. Sometimes we are left with hard choices.

But hey... let's belittle me for trying to spread a little insight behind some of the choices we make.

Last edited by NitroHonda; 04-23-2011 at 08:57 AM.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"It's tough to run a protection racket when people don't feel threatened..." jwreck The Circus 0 01-03-2015 11:22 AM
nba 2k15 "face scan" is making some people look hilarious silverfudge Off Topic 2 10-10-2014 07:13 AM
Quote Of The Day: "Where Do White People Play...?" Racer997 Off Topic 67 08-07-2009 09:44 AM
Talk about a "whoa, mabye i should stfu" moment dotcom Off Topic 7 12-08-2005 10:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2011, 08:56 AM   #82
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo View Post
Ditto.

One of the great joys of motorcycling is listening to the motorcycle work. To be denied that would suck.

That said, wear your gloves. Cagers can still make out the middle finger with gloves on. That's all you really need for sign language out there.
That's the SOLE reason my can has been shortened but I catch a lot of grief from folks who assume that I am just trying to sound like a badass.

Flipping people off is a good way to get yourself hammered by the cager. I'll stick to trying to maneuver away from them.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:58 AM   #83
TexasPsyclone
Leah's

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Honda CX500 and VF1100C (Those were last century)
87 HD FXLR (Gave her up)
03 ZX7R
94 HD FXLR
Cannondale R600 & Killer V900 (1HP....thats Human Power)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ever323 View Post
many people also hit there face in the steering wheel during a car crash , so should you also where a helmet in a car just in case that happen? Not trying to anyone with this but just wear what you want to wear and don't talk sh@#t about what others wear that's all
Who was talking about who??? Let's see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Style View Post
... wearing thick pants and boots you look like an idiot wearing it to be honest...
So... I look like an idiot because I put pants on and wear boots when I ride a motorcycle. Then why does he wear a jacket and helmet? Because of the cool graphics and the iCON in big letters on the back? So he can look cool walking into the bar? Someone needs to start a poll... which looks more ridiculous... wearing full gear, or only wearing gear from the waist up. ... add in there only wearing gear from the waist down like I see most cruiser riders doing (leather pants, boots along with t-shirt and a skull cap).

Opinions on what "looks coolest" aside the reason for the wall of shame is to make a point. The reason to talk about gear whenever we see it missing is to try to remind people of safety, but unfortunately there are plenty of bike owners out there who are much more interested in looking cool or being comfortable (which is just a weak excuse to justify being lazy).

I'm not speaking from experience here, but I'm sure there are lots of police officers who find a vests makes their day less comfortable. But the ones who have had that vest save their life no doubt religiously wear it anyway. Yeah... even when it's hot outside. Wonder why that is? I wonder what their advice to rookie officers would be? "Wear it if you feel like it"???

Those NASCAR and NHRA guys - they're just a bunch of fools too - wearing those fire retardant suits... especially in the SUMMER???? Dumbasses.

Case in point... Dale Earnhardt refused to wear the HANS device, arguing it was uncomfortable and ineffective. He also was rumored to wear his seatbelts loose so he felt less constrained in the driver seat. He was right every single time, except for one.

Squids will justify it however they want to - unfortunately only experience can usually change their mind. Reminds me of a 13 year old who knows everything. Ignorance is bliss - enjoy it while it lasts.
"The average street rider, feels he/she is an "above average" street rider... the majority are NOT. (they think they are, but they are not) straight up. The ones that are, typically don't show it, or don't know it....or are getting paid big bucks for it." - GAU-8
sigpic9903 2

Last edited by TexasPsyclone; 04-23-2011 at 09:01 AM.
TexasPsyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #84
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post

But hey... let's belittle me for trying to spread a little insight behind some of the choices we make.
Not belittling you.. I am telling you that in this topic you have came across as a jerk with a disability who is making sure everyone knows you are right and they are wrong.

Dont get me wrong I dont know you and am not attacking you as a person. I am attacking what I seen written here. You chose to not wear gloves. That is fine. that is your choice but you made it seam that most or all Deaf people do this also.
And as far as talking while riding. I dont believe that at all. Even deaf people can learn simple ride signs, if they have been deaf there whole life its not like it will mess them up or confuse them if you are pointing at your gas tank? or grabbing your well to show you have to pea. I mean really.

Start the thread obout handycaps I will be the first there backing you, seriously, but this thread was about squids and the Wall of shame.
Back on topic the idiot who started this thread needs to get off his Ninja and get a big wheel.
http://originalbigwheel.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #85
Sumo

Bike(s):
2007 DRZ400SM
2006 DRZ400E

Quote:
Flipping people off is a good way to get yourself hammered by the cager. I'll stick to trying to maneuver away from them.
The bird is reserved for the "You missed me, !" moment. And is used solely for the deliberate douchebag or dangerously clueless. The merely untalented, typical commuter that has a momentary brain lapse just gets a palm-up "WTF?".

Cagers that earn a "FU!" from me worked for it.
Sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #86
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleassassin View Post
Not belittling you.. I am telling you that in this topic you have came across as a jerk with a disability who is making sure everyone knows you are right and they are wrong.

Dont get me wrong I dont know you and am not attacking you as a person. I am attacking what I seen written here. You chose to not wear gloves. That is fine. that is your choice but you made it seam that most or all Deaf people do this also.
And as far as talking while riding. I dont believe that at all. Even deaf people can learn simple ride signs, if they have been deaf there whole life its not like it will mess them up or confuse them if you are pointing at your gas tank? or grabbing your well to show you have to pea. I mean really.

Start the thread obout handycaps I will be the first there backing you, seriously, but this thread was about squids and the Wall of shame.
Back on topic the idiot who started this thread needs to get off his Ninja and get a big wheel.
http://originalbigwheel.com/
Mannn... I'm sorry if you felt that I was coming off as a jerk. I truly wasn't trying to be. I re-read the thread just now and I thought it went very well until witchdoctor spoke up about interpreters but even then I thought I was very polite.

I definitely DO NOT think that I am any more right or wrong than witchdoctor or anyone else who commented. I think that everybody has their reasons for making such a choice. Typically, I would immediately dismiss someone being squidly as most of you guys but sometimes... just sometimes after hearing what they have to say... I can see why they made that choice. That was the only thing that I was trying to present here.

I DO NOT speak for all Deaf people. I can only speak for me and what my experiences have shown me.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #87
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.
2012 Yamaha R1 Moto GP Edition

Its incredible how close minded people can be... if NitroHonda has his OWN valid reason for not wearing gloves, then leave it alone. I wear full gear head to toe when I ride everywhere, but I understand why he doesn't wear gloves. This is stupid.
ivancuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:31 AM   #88
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Specialized Allez Elite

Member Garage

images?qtbnANd9GcSnrvfDr  70QNGHV0WzKy fNTEvSTTcFpLqVWCTIZ7xHbFUwE3lw&ampt1

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:32 AM   #89
Sumo

Bike(s):
2007 DRZ400SM
2006 DRZ400E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivancuriel View Post
Its incredible how close minded people can be... if NitroHonda has his OWN valid reason for not wearing gloves, then leave it alone. I wear fulll gear head to toe when I read everywhere, but I understand why he doesn't wear gloves. This is stupid.
You're absolutely right.

When he comes back someday posting he's pecking out his words with nubs, we'll change his screenname to Stumpy.

It's a free country. (Sorta. Obama's hard at work Changing that..) Nitro is free to ride fingers-loose and fancy-free. We're free to tell him he ought to consider protecting his digits. And he's free to tell us all to FOAD. So it's all good, right?

, it's not like I sell gloves. I got no dog in this fight.

Rock on Nitro. Do what you gotta do. I just know if I were in your shoes I'd have the baddest- gloves money could buy.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:33 AM   #90
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

Quote:
You're absolutely right.

When he comes back someday posting he's pecking out his words with nubs, we'll change his screenname to Stumpy.

It's a free country. (Sorta. Obama's hard at work Changing that..) Nitro is free to ride fingers-loose and fancy-free. We're free to tell him he ought to consider protecting his digits. And he's free to tell us all to FOAD. So it's all good, right?

Rock on Nitro. Do what you gotta do. I just know if I were in your shoes I'd have the baddest- gloves money could buy.
It's all good. I have thick skin. I can handle you guys bashing me.

I do have the baddest gloves out there. I just don't wear them when riding with other Deaf riders.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:36 AM   #91
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.
2012 Yamaha R1 Moto GP Edition

Quote:
You're absolutely right.

ivancuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #92
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

Can we get back on e-bashing the isiot who started the thread.
I <3 you Nitro
there we are all happy.

now to add yet another pic to the wall of shame r6gal is going to kill me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:49 AM   #93
Sumo

Bike(s):
2007 DRZ400SM
2006 DRZ400E

Quote:
It's all good. I have thick skin. I can handle you guys bashing me.
We're good. I didn't think i was bashing you much as just giving you a hard time.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #94
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6

I'm good with everybody. Even witchdoctor. What he said about me when I first joined MH was true. I was kinda mouthy then. I just hope I get a chance to show that's not what I'm all about though.

Paniero though... just a birthing accident is all I have to say...
Old 04-23-2011, 10:28 AM   #95
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I'm good with everybody. Even witchdoctor. What he said about me when I first joined MH was true. I was kinda mouthy then. I just hope I get a chance to show that's not what I'm all about though.

Paniero though... just a birthing accident is all I have to say...
nope, I have noticed you aren't like you were. and I have no problem with people wearing/not wearing whatever gear they choose to. I just want to people to be honest with themselves and not hang on to false ideas of why they choose not to wear gear. is full gear a pain in the at times? sure is. but since no one knows when they may go down, it is worth the few extra minutes and little extra heat to protect yourself than to spend time in the hospital because you didn't. do what you want, I ain't your mama, but I am sure your mama would want you to be safe... and wear clean underwear,lol
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #96
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Sheesh....

FIRST: Lack of Gear does NOT make a Squid.

A SQUID is properly defined by HOW they ride... how they dress for a ride can be a possible indicator but is not the defining factor.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #97
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Sheesh....

FIRST: Lack of Gear does NOT make a Squid.

A SQUID is properly defined by HOW they ride... how they dress for a ride can be a possible indicator but is not the defining factor.
here is a link to a test. http://www.bytebrothers.org/squidtest.htm
Old 04-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #98
boner12
Mexican Kanevil

Bike(s):
06, 636 ( bulletproof)
99 zx9r sold
2010 ducati streetfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail View Post
It is retarded to not wear gear! Feel free to be retarded though. No skin of my back (pun intended).

None of us really care if YOU wear gear but we sure as will make fun and talk $hit about you if we can get a photo of you squiding it.
i have yet to meet the person that actually tries to clown on me for not wearing gear
Old 04-23-2011, 11:23 AM   #99
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

tries to clown on you? wtf does that mean? is that ghetto for make fun of you?
Old 04-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #100
boner12
Mexican Kanevil

Bike(s):
06, 636 ( bulletproof)
99 zx9r sold
2010 ducati streetfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
tries to clown on you? wtf does that mean? is that ghetto for make fun of you?
no sherlock

Advertisement