MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 10:59 AM   #21
brisingr23
This place has the Gheyz!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
That would be my ultimate dream car. the 458 and I could die happy. Likely be able to sell it for more once I was done with it too.
brisingr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
porsche commercial witchdoctor575 Off Topic 18 04-12-2011 12:08 PM
house porsche smokinjoe Off Topic 13 03-08-2010 08:53 AM
So... I bought a Porsche RojerLockless Off Topic 49 11-10-2009 11:31 PM
turbos, superchargers, and ???? klassik Performance and Modifications 12 02-28-2008 01:19 AM
Porsche GT3 txferrari Off Topic 24 02-12-2008 03:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #22
jgixer

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

99 zx9

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
then he didn't know how to drive the car. Anytime you want to do a little point to point run in your 600 and me in my GT3, I'd be happy to give you a proper demonstration. And that's with 120 less horsepower than the turbo. Point to point does not mean a quarter mile straight line bore me death drag race. We can run a route, perhaps. There are a few around that have done that with me. Great fun.
how did i know that it wouldnt take long for maxgs to chime in,
jgixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #23
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Me and crazy angel raced a carrera 2 months ago! The driver was actually waiting for bikers and had his kid as a passenger, we were coming out of RR and he was parked at the bbq place, as soon as he saw us he started his car and follow us to tne freeway, we were just taking it easy at cruising speed but he was driving like crazy ziz zagging through traffic just to keep up, then we got annoyed by him tailgating us for a good 10 miles dowb I10, we got to where the hov starts and he passed us on the right and then tapped his brakes, then he slowed down and gave us the sign to race him, we were going about 90 mph the whole time and the he took off fast and crazy angel gave chase and was able to pass him just to show him that the car wasnt much of a challenge on the acceleration dept, he wasnt happy so he pulled right next to me and started revving his engine and took off really fast, from that point all i did was downshift to 3rd and was able to catch up to him and the quickshifted to 4th and my bike just started to pull and was able to give me a lead of about a mile, then i just slowed down and he comes righ next to me and gave me the thumbs up and i just pointed to my shifter followed by 4 fingers letting him know that i was only on 4th gear! I believe that if we had an open road the car would eventually pass me because with bigger hp they have a higher top speed but on acceleration, its pretty hard to pull away from a literbike!
Old 04-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #24
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
then he didn't know how to drive the car. Anytime you want to do a little point to point run in your 600 and me in my GT3, I'd be happy to give you a proper demonstration. And that's with 120 less horsepower than the turbo. Point to point does not mean a quarter mile straight line bore me death drag race. We can run a route, perhaps. There are a few around that have done that with me. Great fun.
Exactly what I thought. Lol
Old 04-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #25
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Hey Curt, i have seen Carlos race a black 820hp ZR1 a year ago, i stayed right behind the vette and Carlos was on his R1 pulling away through RR, i was actually surprised how well and fast the vette went through those turns but still couldnt keep up with Carlos.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:09 PM   #26
TexasPsyclone
Leah's

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Honda CX500 and VF1100C (Those were last century)
87 HD FXLR (Gave her up)
03 ZX7R
94 HD FXLR
Cannondale R600 & Killer V900 (1HP....thats Human Power)

"The average street rider, feels he/she is an "above average" street rider... the majority are NOT. (they think they are, but they are not) straight up. The ones that are, typically don't show it, or don't know it....or are getting paid big bucks for it." - GAU-8
sigpic9903 2
TexasPsyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:21 PM   #27
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Hey Curt, i have seen Carlos race a black 820hp ZR1 a year ago, i stayed right behind the vette and Carlos was on his R1 pulling away through RR, i was actually surprised how well and fast the vette went through those turns but still couldnt keep up with Carlos.
Carlos is an expert racer. Check what I said. Street rider.... And was the vette driver a track guy on stickies?
Old 04-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #28
maxgs

Member Garage

Quote:
Me and crazy angel raced a carrera 2 months ago! The driver was actually waiting for bikers and had his kid as a passenger, we were coming out of RR and he was parked at the bbq place, as soon as he saw us he started his car and follow us to tne freeway, we were just taking it easy at cruising speed but he was driving like crazy ziz zagging through traffic just to keep up, then we got annoyed by him tailgating us for a good 10 miles dowb I10, we got to where the hov starts and he passed us on the right and then tapped his brakes, then he slowed down and gave us the sign to race him, we were going about 90 mph the whole time and the he took off fast and crazy angel gave chase and was able to pass him just to show him that the car wasnt much of a challenge on the acceleration dept, he wasnt happy so he pulled right next to me and started revving his engine and took off really fast, from that point all i did was downshift to 3rd and was able to catch up to him and the quickshifted to 4th and my bike just started to pull and was able to give me a lead of about a mile, then i just slowed down and he comes righ next to me and gave me the thumbs up and i just pointed to my shifter followed by 4 fingers letting him know that i was only on 4th gear! I believe that if we had an open road the car would eventually pass me because with bigger hp they have a higher top speed but on acceleration, its pretty hard to pull away from a literbike!
in a straight line there are very very few cars that can hang with a liter bike. That's why point to point is important. Cornering, braking, throttle. That's where a properly driver high end sportscar will give a street rider trouble.

When I've run bikes, I also notice that that fast you go, the more the car pulls away. Most street riders aren't interested in sustained speeds north of 150.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #29
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Curts gt3 pulled my on my 1000RR from 140MPH on.

Cool story though.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 04:52 PM   #30
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
in a straight line there are very very few cars that can hang with a liter bike. That's why point to point is important. Cornering, braking, throttle. That's where a properly driver high end sportscar will give a street rider trouble.

When I've run bikes, I also notice that that fast you go, the more the car pulls away. Most street riders aren't interested in sustained speeds north of 150.
ck out this little video:

Old 04-23-2011, 04:56 PM   #31
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Carlos is an expert racer. Check what I said. Street rider.... And was the vette driver a track guy on stickies?
the driver was one of Carlo's friend, he was an older guy but def. knew how to drive the out of the vette
Old 04-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #32
ArtistMarty

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

Quote:
Point to point with a street rider on a liter bike, not a racer, no problem. There are a few people who've run me on liter bikes and have stories to tell. The gt3, btw, is a track car. I run sticky rubber, good brakes, and a couple of other things
someone tried to give me little run in their infinity, ha2011 Infiniti IPL G Coupe

I was just purring along..enjoying the night ride, on the beltway, and "bam" there he was beside me. tempting me to race with him?

I thought, I must get away from this fool, gave it a little gas and disappeared ... a little while later while i was still quietly purring along...there he was again, this time ,I let him get ahead of me in the lane, did a little wheelie behind him, kind of saying... go ahead.. he bolted, then I just wheelied past him motioning "come on"
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:13 PM   #33
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistMarty View Post
someone tried to give me little run in their infinity, ha2011 Infiniti IPL G Coupe

I was just purring along..enjoying the night ride, on the beltway, and "bam" there he was beside me. tempting me to race with him?

I thought, I must get away from this fool, gave it a little gas and disappeared ... a little while later while i was still quietly purring along...there he was again, this time ,I let him get ahead of me in the lane, did a little wheelie behind him, kind of saying... go ahead.. he bolted, then I just wheelied past him motioning "come on"
now that's an awesome story..... crazy angel is known for doing the exact same thing
Old 04-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #34
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #35
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Surprised you weren't flamed for this. I guess its only bad if you post you got knee down for the first time? Glad you had fun
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #36
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
......me in my GT3, I'd be happy to give you a proper demonstration. And that's with 120 less horsepower than the turbo. Great fun.

I will race you from 20mph to 30mph....then I want to ride in the GT3....
Old 04-23-2011, 08:58 PM   #37
HtownStunta

Bike(s):
1986 Honda Spree

Member Garage

well for the people that think that a bike cannot be beaten by a street car....

My 1.8L 4 CYLINDER! 1997 Acura Integra walked away from 600's from 40 +.... and would be maybe 1 car length behind a 1000 from 60 - 170 mph....

My Stroker Z06 walked away from my 2006 GSXR 1000 from a 80 roll with the tires on the Vette spinning...

bikes are fast and sick.... but there are more cars on the road than you think that will leave you like your sitting still on the freeway...

just my .02!
Old 04-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #38
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Quote:

I don't even dream about skills like this.

Don't you want to keep the front wheel down? It seems like popping a wheelie might make one go slower since you have to slow down to get the front wheel back down and get control again?

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:26 PM   #39
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel View Post
Awesome ride today to get frozen custard. Headed home and up behind me came a white turboS Porsche carrera. He reved at me and it was on!

I was already rolling at 88mph, so I knew he had to have something under the hood to test me at that speed.

We went side by side for a good 300 yds, then I figured it was time to downshift to 4th and as soon as I did, it looked like he pulled into a parking space.

I saw his face as I pulled away, I could swear he said "that's not a 600?"!!!!
cool story bro lololol 165

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:54 PM   #40
Colonel
Big Blu

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr

Quote:
me no have 600, me take you on anytime! hee hee hee

Advertisement