MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #41
NitroHonda
Deaf

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
Bevo, mrt713, Newrider,brydman,xbike, , Helios. Unfortunately im an that won't ride with newbies
How do you determine if someone's a noob? I pretty much talk to them and get a vibe but I have been surprised by some folks after a ride.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cbr passenger comfort question Kawafasty General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 03-17-2014 10:05 PM
Project Operation Comfort Crystalline Off Topic 2 03-03-2008 03:34 PM
Comfort Mods NoFear Off Topic 2 02-19-2008 02:29 PM
Comfort Mod NoFear General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 09-25-2007 03:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #42
brisingr23
This place has the Gheyz!

Experience: 2 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
How do you determine if someone's a noob? I pretty much talk to them and get a vibe but I have been surprised by some folks after a ride.
The way they speak, the questions they ask, how long they've been riding, how many miles logged in said time, and the type of places they ride. At least that's how I make my assumption on newbs.
brisingr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:08 PM   #43
1bad748
uhhh no nintendo

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
08 Ducati 848
97 ducati 748 (gone but not forgotten)
1990 schwin
2012 Aprilia RSV-FO

christopher romeo #136...
plus i hear he cuddles with boys
1bad748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #44
JRxGRUBZx

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Everyone has one no matter the experience, on/off track.

Sometimes a mentor, a regular riding friend, or even someone that has a personna you respect.

Speaking about the person you can go ride with that will ride with you and never above either's abilities but still push the envelop when both are in a catty mood. Someone you can ride through anything with because you know that person has your best interests in mind.

I hear over and over from these short riders in my area lately(all relatively new) saying "oh man remember that part I slammed on my brakes and y'all were swerving cuz we almost missed that turn; then so-n-so did that wheelie past me and nearly clipped my mirror..." ...only time till you hear about the wreck and "ya man we didnt see it happen" while the rest of us onlookers are saying "okay pay up, I had 5 on him wrecking before the others"
my right hand ..
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #45
JRxGRUBZx

Bike(s):
O-six six durty six (r.i.p)
07 zx6r (rip)
o-five six durty six (rip)
01 f4i - yes yes im a trader .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad748 View Post
christopher romeo #136...
plus i hear he cuddles with boys
This is true
JRxGRUBZx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:14 PM   #46
Charliebrown

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
zzr

Caligonetx makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #47
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

Quote:
Bevo, mrt713, Newrider,brydman,xbike, , Helios. Unfortunately im an that won't ride with newbies
Not an just smart...........

forgot to add:
Cool people for sure
Jp71
Lightlord

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #48
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaligoneTx View Post
Again, there are many, many more. Infact it was a post Senator made that started me thinking about the respect I have for him as a rider and leader in group rides.
Thanks Matt, I'm not a perfect rider, and I have a few dumb posts I'm sure, but when it comes to riding in a group, I feel responsible for every rider there no matter what the level. Im always willing to help a rider, and keep others in a reality check at the same time.

Here's my list:
Matt (Cali): For setting an example in a group ride that everyone follows and not having to be the "leader". True leadership...

Mark (Bevo): For always giving a great riders meeting and being able to control the pace at all times.

Ivan (NewRider): For his ability to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable on a group ride with no pressure or expectation.

Sergio (Pachuco): Because he knows that's theres a time for every type of riding, and knows when and where to do it. Also not afraid to "call that fool out".

Rolan (Helios): For being a leader without having to be pushy and even ask the group how the ride is going.

AJ (AJFlo banned)
George (Pyrobug51)
Chris (PyschomedicHFD): Because they knows how to make you push your envelope at the track while still feeling comfortable. Not always the advice you want to hear, but they've definitely made me faster.

Allan Campbell (Whoopie): For taking the time from the racers to show the noobs a trick or ten at a TD...."STAY ON THE LINE!"

MORE TO COME....
Old 04-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #49
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Thanks Matt, I'm not a perfect rider, and I have a few dumb posts I'm sure, but when it comes to riding in a group, I feel responsible for every rider there no matter what the level. Im always willing to help a rider, and keep others in a reality check at the same time.

Here's my list:
Matt (Cali): For setting an example in a group ride that everyone follows and not having to be the "leader". True leadership...

Mark (Bevo): For always giving a great riders meeting and being able to control the pace at all times.

Ivan (NewRider): For his ability to make everyone feel welcome and comfortable on a group ride with no pressure or expectation.

Sergio (Pachuco): Because he knows that's theres a time for every type of riding, and knows when and where to do it. Also not afraid to "call that fool out".

Rolan (Helios): For being a leader without having to be pushy and even ask the group how the ride is going.

AJ (AJFlo banned)
George (Pyrobug51)
Chris (PyschomedicHFD): Because they knows how to make you push your envelope at the track while still feeling comfortable. Not always the advice you want to hear, but they've definitely made me faster.

Allan Campbell (Whoopie): For taking the time from the racers to show the noobs a trick or ten at a TD...."STAY ON THE LINE!"

MORE TO COME....
likewise cat. I'll ride with u anyday
Old 04-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #50
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

I dont generally ride with large groups, been there done that, I will honestly say there are several great riders on here, I just dont get out much to ride, but Mark (Coolhaven) on here I,ve been riding with for over 20 years and I wouldnt bat an eye to be banked over in a curve with him inches away at 160+ mph, I have literally trusted him with my life for years, he is one of the very few I would allow my kids or wife to ride with
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:39 PM   #51
ELSpurgeO
Jeremy

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
06 R6
04 R6
02 R6
06 ZX10 *SOLD* 05 ZX636 *SOLD*
04 CBR1000RR *SOLD* 99 ZX9 *RIP*

JimmyD - Great rider wealth of knowledge for street riding and always pushes me but will compensate if i start to slow
Gsxrcoastie- Just fun to ride with and no matter what i know hes got my back

I haven't got to ride with many others on here cause i just rebuilt the 1k
ELSpurgeO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #52
coolhaven

Bike(s):
goldwing
1500 intruder
gsxr
gs850

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYIN'DUC View Post
I dont generally ride with large groups, been there done that, I will honestly say there are several great riders on here, I just dont get out much to ride, but Mark (Coolhaven) on here I,ve been riding with for over 20 years and I wouldnt bat an eye to be banked over in a curve with him inches away at 160+ mph, I have literally trusted him with my life for years, he is one of the very few I would allow my kids or wife to ride with
the same goes here. tim (FLYIN'DUC) is the only rider i have riden with at 160+ side by side that i would ever trust!. or have ever trusted to ride like that..
coolhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 11:17 AM   #53
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

bump for the good guys.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:31 AM   #54
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

When I use to use to do the SMR's it was pigpen, texlurch, Nox, Irish and jgixer even though there were alot more "leaders" out there those are the ones I trusted
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #55
setfast

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 ZX6R

the guys i've been riding with for few years now, fun bunch, no BS, to the walls riding at times, good times for sure!

Mudbug
Bevo
Duci
Otra599
and of course, Thomas the ninja! (the scout).

miss some of the old dudes we use to ride with, springr1, james, dave, andy!
setfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:00 PM   #56
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post

Quote:
Bevo, mrt713, Newrider,brydman,xbike, , Helios.

Thanks guys, I wasn't expecting to be mentioned, I've learned much from all of you guys and will always feel comfortable with my list:

BYRDMAN: Very humble but not afraid to tell me what it is. He's ego is never an issue and he has a wealth of information.

Bevo: as some have said and many will, he is not afarid to be the "assholek during the riders meet, and he does a good job at leading. Knows when to push it and knows when to cool it down.

Senator: I know you will keep it in check and felt comfortable even being the first time I rode with you, you showed me that you didn't care how slow I was, you stayed right behind me. And the pointer Bevo and you gave me and helios at the filling station in Navasota were helpfull.

Helios: like senator said, he is awesome at leading and keeping it straight. Showed me some of the best roads to ride and I know he would never steer me the wrong way. Thanks for trusting me enough to invite me out on the rides with you and Triclops.

MykolJ: has been my riding buddy, and we always are right on the money on what we are doing, no confusion and no ego. Friendly riding a bit talking but we both know it's not that serious. We keep eachother in check, and learn a bit.

Pachuco: the first person to show me crab river...easy to follow his line for consistency... this will tell you if you're being a douche and I wouldn't have it any other way. I learned quite a bit from that crab river ride.

Teleromeo: though I've only ridden with him once, his delivery of the riders meet and his actions throughout the ride maybe me feel completely at ease with him and completely trust his judgement. I would not hesitate for a moment to ride with him again or listen to any of his advice.

Few others I trust to not push too much:
XBIKE
Hotchknstrips
Vito
Proasian
Duci (he did awesome watching over the group on our forest ride)

People I would like to have an opportunity to ride with:
Textlurch
Cali
Tiatool
Maxgs
99chris

Few others I'm sure...

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #57
maxgs

Member Garage

Ha ha ha ha. Aramis! Sounds like he ended up doing ok in the military though.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:07 PM   #58
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxgs View Post
Ha ha ha ha. Aramis! Sounds like he ended up doing ok in the military though.
Yes sir. He's doing quite well and has applied to become an Air Force Honor Guard.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #59
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
comfort rider?!?! sounds ghey.

i bet yall spoon after a spirited "ride", you might as well just start riding 2 up lol.

just teasing, i get the drift. but comfort rider? really? cmon man.

oohhhhhh...WAIT. i get it. this is really another one of those cleverly disguised m4m hookup threads. go ahead. continue. far be it from me to judge anothers lifestyle.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #60
maxgs

Member Garage

Bring it, biotich. What's that you ride? And whose manhood are you questioning?

Ha ha ha ha!

Advertisement