MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #21
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
i wish I had the cash to go too.. and as much as I would love to go I would rather send my son if the cash was there

so until I have the cash to send either of us I will just sit back and enjoy the pictures and other peoples write-ups on there experience
Right on.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Colin Edwards' Texas Tornado Boot Camp - It's A Blast! Racer997 General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 11-03-2011 02:48 PM
More Fun From Colin Edwards' Texas Tornado Boot Camp! - Pix Inside! Racer997 Taking it to the Track 4 03-20-2011 09:08 PM
Pix Thread: More Colin Edwards Texas Tornado Boot Camp Racer997 Taking it to the Track 10 03-10-2011 09:36 AM
Colin Edwards' Texas Tornado Boot Camp! Racer997 Taking it to the Track 19 02-15-2011 08:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #22
Tony1K
CMRA #721

Feedback Rating: (20)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 Aprilia RSV4 Factory Race Bike
2011 YZ450F Dirt
2015 Honda Grom

Quote:
it my be a school that you have to pay to go to but its not like its competing with ANY other sponsers since we have no sponsors that offer anything like what colins boot camp offers.

liz, post the pics, i among others enjoy seeing them..
+1, Deffinately keep the pics coming.
Tony1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:58 PM   #23
Racer997
Racer, Rider, Shooter

Location: 500 yards away...and watching you in the crosshairs...
Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
BMW Boxer Cup
KTM 450 SMR
Some Yamaha TTR 125Ls
Lackierwarenfabrik Mg42
Valmet M76

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
"We" being Motohouston.

Look, I mean no disrespect. You are obviously very well known and involved in the race community and enjoy sharing the pictures you take. However, this is a school that charges. If any other member posted weekly pictures from a school that was not a sponsor that ship wouldnt sail. Do you not believe that the pictures you post are adverstisements?
Look at how cool this school is! Come hang out with a celebrity!
To a degree, a part of me gets where you are coming from, but to a larger degree, I don't. At first glance it might appear that this is an advertisement, and maybe you interpret it to be so, but I don't think it's anything other than posting pictures from a fun weekend of riding bikes, just like people would do from a trip to the Hill Country or a vacation in Europe or a backyard barbecue. It costs money to participate with the CMRA, and it costs money to race with WERA, but I see those pix. It costs money to go on a ski trip to Snow Mass, but I've seen those pix.

To answer your question, I do believe that this thread could be interpreted as unpaid ad copy for the Boot Camp, but it's not meant to be that. I believe it's all in the way it's presented and digested. I didn't say anything in this thread about how one should go to the camp, or even post a website to Colin's Boot Camp, I just posted pix. In my mind, that's on the same level as your avatar, which I see quite often on MH and I feel endorses the great Johnny Cash, who isn't a sponsor on MH. Hmmm. Suddenly I have a great desire to break out Folsom Prison Blues and give it a listen.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:06 PM   #24
Tony1K
CMRA #721

Feedback Rating: (20)

Bike(s):
2015 Aprilia RSV4 Factory Race Bike
2011 YZ450F Dirt
2015 Honda Grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer997 View Post
To a degree, a part of me gets where you are coming from, but to a larger degree, I don't. At first glance it might appear that this is an advertisement, and maybe you interpret it to be so, but I don't think it's anything other than posting pictures from a fun weekend of riding bikes, just like people would do from a trip to the Hill Country or a vacation in Europe or a backyard barbecue. It costs money to participate with the CMRA, and it costs money to race with WERA, but I see those pix. It costs money to go on a ski trip to Snow Mass, but I've seen those pix.

To answer your question, I do believe that this thread could be interpreted as unpaid ad copy for the Boot Camp, but it's not meant to be that. I believe it's all in the way it's presented and digested. I didn't say anything in this thread about how one should go to the camp, or even post a website to Colin's Boot Camp, I just posted pix. In my mind, that's on the same level as your avatar, which I see quite often on MH and I feel endorses the great Johnny Cash, who isn't a sponsor on MH. Hmmm. Suddenly I have a great desire to break out Folsom Prison Blues and give it a listen.
Please pm me the website...
Tony1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #25
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

That camp is a fun and I learned alot! Definately going to try to make it out again.
Read my review of the camp on my blog http://gofast-dontcrash.blogspot.com...mp-review.html

I hope this fly's even though im not a site sponsor! btw, ill be posting my race report from this months race some time this weekend

Last edited by THE DEAN OF LEAN; 04-22-2011 at 09:18 PM.
THE DEAN OF LEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #26
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
i wish I had the cash to go too.. and as much as I would love to go I would rather send my son if the cash was there

so until I have the cash to send either of us I will just sit back and enjoy the pictures and other peoples write-ups on there experience
James and I are taking our sons i think May 21st, begginers class is not as bad as the whole camp, still 2 track days price but great fun for the boys.

But before that I will show Officer Carbon James Stewart how is done
Old 04-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #27
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
James and I are taking our sons i think May 21st, begginers class is not as bad as the whole camp, still 2 track days price but great fun for the boys.

But before that I will show Officer Carbon James Stewart how is done
good luck homie! you better start getting in some practice b/c you'll def. need it if you plan to take me on in the dirt son!! i'm going to literally leave you in the dust BOY!!! and i may be sending Cody there for 2 days instead of one day!!
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:25 PM   #28
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
How many of these threads are we going to get before Texas Tornado Boot Camp is a paying sponsor?
you never did know when to keep your mouth shut did you? get em out of your mouth before you suffocate.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote