MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Question about cars passing you in your own lane??

It has been 2 times so far that i had two vehicles pass me on my own lane in traffic...

Can there be any police charges apply to them for passing me on my own lane??
I always ride ether on the left or right side of my own lane, it gives them enough room for them to pass me if they wanted to get in front of me.
You know when we ride as a group?? well... that's how I ride by my self, always pick one side of my lane to ride.

what would you do?? has someone done that to you??
this last two cars that did that to me, they acted like they did nothing wrong and didn't even looked at me... they just keep driving facing forward.

The last person passed me on Bissonnet going to see Omar today, I was stuck in traffic, I wasn't been stupid, I was just seating in traffic... so this guy on a mid side SUV (like a 4runner) gets on my own lane and passes me and gets in front of me (STUCK IN TRAFFIC).. I didn't get mad or scared BUT I didn't understand why he did that to me?

So to make a point, and show him that I didn't like what he did.. I got really close to him as we were moving and put my hand on his side mirror and passed him VERY VERY SLOWLY in his own lane like he did to me... after that he keep his distance way behind me and didn't try anything stupid.
I know I shouldn't have done that but I just didn't get it why he did what he did...

I always keep my distance from the car in front of me and I always ride on ether side of my own lane.

Both of this cars passed me as we were starting to move.. not in parked or coming to a stop, but as we were moving forward they just got next to me and passed me like If I was slowing them down...

Cant they be charged with what they did??
I'm going to keep my go pro with me at all times from now on.. we'll see what we can catch...
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HOV / HOT LANE ticket question Meaner-n-u Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 9 06-24-2014 10:03 AM
Lane Filtering Question haleyscomet Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law 5 02-18-2013 11:52 AM
this is how it should be done! (left lane is for passing) floyd600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 27 04-18-2011 09:13 AM
Do people driving in the passing lane at 55 annoy you ?? Scottie The Circus 30 04-15-2011 03:18 PM
passing in the same lane? epofhouston General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 05-11-2009 11:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2011, 10:01 PM   #2
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN
 
KEITH HUBBARD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: houston \ flatonia
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,489

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50






That would me off , I had it happen too , but kept my cool.
I don't think it is legal for them to do that.
__________________
Some people call me the space cowboy ,some people call me the gangster of love ...... :nod
KEITH HUBBARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #3
eltejano
I smell pretty
 
eltejano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Round Rock
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,535

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track







I might just have to be the proud new owner of a rear view mirror come the next stop light for that .
__________________
"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln
"Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it." -Navin R. Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:05 PM   #4
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








The first guy that did that to me really me off because I was just chilling at the light, then it turns green and there he goes...

I got really mad that I wanted to brake his window and slashed his tires but then I was just behind him and he kept on driving normal so that made me wonder WTF??

Then this last guys... I was cool the whole time, never got mad but i was like WTF is up with this people??
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
I might just have to be the proud new owner of a rear view mirror come the next stop light for that .
I just dont get why??

I'm the type of rider that knows that a car will always win against my bike, so i stay away from them and always stay moving... I'm not the guy that will pull over next to you and get your out of the car and beat your with out knowing WHY you did what you did?

Now if I know that you did that trying to hurt me, then we will have problems and your car and anything that has to do with you will be my problem..
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
eltejano
I smell pretty
 
eltejano's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Round Rock
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 6,535

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track







Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
The first guy that did that to me really me off because I was just chilling at the light, then it turns green and there he goes...

I got really mad that I wanted to brake his window and slashed his tires but then I was just behind him and he kept on driving normal so that made me wonder WTF??

Then this last guys... I was cool the whole time, never got mad but i was like WTF is up with this people??
Regular douchebags turn into enormous douchebags when they drive and normal people turn to douchebags when they drive.

Something about traffic that brings out the worst in people.
__________________
"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln
"Lord loves a workin' man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it." -Navin R. Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:16 PM   #7
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
Regular douchebags turn into enormous douchebags when they drive and normal people turn to douchebags when they drive.

Something about traffic that brings out the worst in people.
You know what???
Next time this happen I hope that I have my go pro running and then I'm going to stop the and ask him why the he did it... then I'll post it her!
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:17 PM   #8
KEITH HUBBARD
JOKERMAN
 
KEITH HUBBARD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: houston \ flatonia
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,489

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1300 V STAR YAMAHA
KZ 650 KAWASAKI
HONDA CB 550
TS125 SUZUKI
HARLEY DAVIDSON 50






The world is getting entirely bizzare.
__________________
Some people call me the space cowboy ,some people call me the gangster of love ...... :nod
KEITH HUBBARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #9
Longdraw
Senior Member
 
Longdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cypress, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,972

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 KTM EXC 525
2007 VFR800, Interceptor
2003 Husky TE610/e-sold
2000 Husky TE410/e-sold
1998 Husky TE410-sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by eltejano View Post
Regular douchebags turn into enormous douchebags when they drive and normal people turn to douchebags when they drive.

Something about traffic that brings out the worst in people.
you took the words right out of my mouth!!
__________________
Terlingua Dualsport Specialist

SDRC
Longdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #10
Versatile337
They call me V or Franco
 
Versatile337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,120

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 GSX-R 750 (Blk/Matte Blk)




Member Garage


you get passed???






























noob
Versatile337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #11
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile337 View Post
you get passed??? noob
It would had been different if it was a bike... I'll be the one passing him...
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:27 PM   #12
humbleassassin
χαμαλός
 
humbleassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: KingWood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,214

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(





Yeah had a car try to do that to me at the light. I saw him creeping up so since it was a red light I got off teh bike and stared at him thru a full green light. mad he was mad, but I was madder.

Stupid thing to do yeah but at that time inthe day I didnt care. I am a very nice rider I share the road, I look out for others, but I have so far slapped at least 10 windows. Kicked the door on 3 lexus, 2 mecedes and a porshe. Come in my lane ill bite you.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #13
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleassassin View Post
Yeah had a car try to do that to me at the light. I saw him creeping up so since it was a red light I got off teh bike and stared at him thru a full green light. mad he was mad, but I was madder.

Stupid thing to do yeah but at that time inthe day I didnt care. I am a very nice rider I share the road, I look out for others, but I have so far slapped at least 10 windows. Kicked the door on 3 lexus, 2 mecedes and a porshe. Come in my lane ill bite you.
!!! (awesome quote)
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #14
humbleassassin
χαμαλός
 
humbleassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: KingWood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,214

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(





omg first time I was used in a sig.. WOOT im loved.!!!
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:38 PM   #15
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








LOL... and that's why I like his post.. he's like one of those candy that are sweet on the out side but soon as you hit the middle of it there is a nasty sour flavor..
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:38 PM   #16
roketaGuY90
Member
 
roketaGuY90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: i45 & fuqua
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 14

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Roketa MC-113









Send a message via Skype™ to roketaGuY90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C View Post
first you say you are a nice rider, then you post up about kicking doors...
well come on man they got in his lane not the other way around lol
roketaGuY90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #17
humbleassassin
χαμαλός
 
humbleassassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: KingWood
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,214

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(





lol yeah maybe but I look at it this way. .the that dont see me will see the dent in the door. I feel this way they will look for bikes.. I saved your life Dave C
Love me it!
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #18
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy
 
Johnny77423's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: racer's road
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 385

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr






Lane sharing IS NOT legal... they are required to move completely into the next lane to pass... However... "no cops, no laws"... so really there aint you can do except get even... Like pull over in front of him/her at a stop light so they are so close to you they can't go around (basically them and hope you don't get smushed)... then sit there for 2 or 3 green lights and give them the finger when they honk... That's one thing you could do... or carry a spark plug or 3 in your pocket and when they do that, let those fly (right into their windshield)... I used to go strapped everywhere (had a concealed carry permit) but realized I was going to go to jail for murder if I didn't stop... Bottom line... you live in or around the Houston area and these people are stupid and drive like (at least 99.99% of them)... so if you ride, it's really on you how safe you are and how you react to stupid people... part of the deal Bro... just part of the deal.

I don't have to deal with it as much because i live out in the sticks, and most of my commute is 1458 (aka racer's road) and FM 359... so my biggest concern is idiots who don't stop for stop signs... I have just learned to watch for them and keep alert... This Summer I'm going to be commuting to Baytown everyday and I know the best survival technique is keeping my cool and planning my rides when there is less traffic... otherwise I'm bound to become a statistic... sucks, but it's just the way it is.

Hope your rides go smoother the rest of the week... cheers.

J
__________________
My life in 3 words...
Live, Laugh, and Love ...
Why??? Because my meds havn't worn off yet...
Johnny77423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #19
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!
 
floyd600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Missouri city
Feedback Rating: (8)
Posts: 7,235

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP








Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny77423 View Post
Lane sharing IS NOT legal... they are required to move completely into the next lane to pass... However... "no cops, no laws"... so really there aint you can do except get even... Like pull over in front of him/her at a stop light so they are so close to you they can't go around (basically them and hope you don't get smushed)... then sit there for 2 or 3 green lights and give them the finger when they honk... That's one thing you could do... or carry a spark plug or 3 in your pocket and when they do that, let those fly (right into their windshield)... I used to go strapped everywhere (had a concealed carry permit) but realized I was going to go to jail for murder if I didn't stop... Bottom line... you live in or around the Houston area and these people are stupid and drive like (at least 99.99% of them)... so if you ride, it's really on you how safe you are and how you react to stupid people... part of the deal Bro... just part of the deal.

I don't have to deal with it as much because i live out in the sticks, and most of my commute is 1458 (aka racer's road) and FM 359... so my biggest concern is idiots who don't stop for stop signs... I have just learned to watch for them and keep alert... This Summer I'm going to be commuting to Baytown everyday and I know the best survival technique is keeping my cool and planning my rides when there is less traffic... otherwise I'm bound to become a statistic... sucks, but it's just the way it is.

Hope your rides go smoother the rest of the week... cheers.

J
That's a lot of violent...
I think I'll let them just pass me and if they with me and try to push me off the road then I'll take your advice!
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #20
Higham
Shh! Ur Boring Everyone!
 
Higham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 1960
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 447

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 600









Call 713-884-3131 and report reckless driving. At least it's on file if they kill someone.
Higham is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy