Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2011, 02:38 PM   #41
exalted512
Slow^^^

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to exalted512
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post
But you can get comprehensive that covers fire/theft and not full coverage
Very true!

I'm about to take off collision/comp off my policy. I live in College Station and my bike is garaged at my house or in a very low-risk area at work. I just don't know if I'm going to do it before/during/or after track day season...
-Cody
exalted512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Full Coverage or Liability? J.J. McQuade General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 07-22-2014 02:21 PM
Full coverage insurance is expensive Versatile337 General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 02-04-2010 10:11 PM
Full Coverage BadApple Moto Insurance 11 08-22-2008 08:14 PM
Full coverage.... Hooligan Moto Insurance 21 08-15-2008 01:41 PM
full coverage gsxr_firerider Moto Insurance 1 05-31-2008 01:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #42
trooper
Time to ride.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 Heritage Softail Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by exalted512 View Post
I just don't know if I'm going to do it before/during/or after track day season...
-Cody
Not to threadjack, but this brings up another good point. Most companies provide no coverage for anything on a closed course. if you're doing track days you need to make sure you're current ins. company will cover the bike.
trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #43
Soclose
Green and Mean

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'05 Suzuki GS500F(sold)
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 650r (sold)
'06 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite View Post
how much you got? or just need to finance?

edit: nm just refreshed

wouldve been a lot easier to find a bike during the winter months, but i know there are still some out there. what make are you looking for?
or if your lucky like me; you'll find a cheap, clean, and nice bike right before riding season started lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile337 View Post
My bike is plenty fast. You should be able to finance it easy. Book value is still 7500. No way you need a liter bike
...but it is still possible to find a liter bike for 5 grand.. I know this guy that picked up an 07 zx10r for 5 grand flat.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #44
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
Not to threadjack, but this brings up another good point. Most companies provide no coverage for anything on a closed course. if you're doing track days you need to make sure you're current ins. company will cover the bike.
Some companies exclude instructional programs. So if you're doing a L1 day with Ride Smart, you might be covered.

If you're riding L3...you're probably screwed.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:13 PM   #45
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

my full policy with Progressive covers Motorcycle rider school long as not racing, and as long as I am the only one on the bike

I have been happy with them'

and don't forget, everyone needs Under/uninsured motorist coverage
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #46
trooper
Time to ride.

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
my full policy with Progressive covers Motorcycle rider school long as not racing, and as long as I am the only one on the bike
I went round and round with progressive about this, they cover mc schools per se, but spefically exclude anything on a closed course. If you're agent says a trackday is covered I'd get it in writing.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:47 PM   #47
trooper
Time to ride.

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian964 View Post
It depends on several factors, but I'm thinking that it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the top insurance companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them: http://www.quotes-center.com/motorcy...ce-quotes.html
Old 04-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #48
joeburt1
JoeJoe the dancing monkey

Feedback Rating: (3)

1976 Yamaha chappy
TL 1000S

Quote:
Very true!

I'm about to take off collision/comp off my policy. I live in College Station and my bike is garaged at my house or in a very low-risk area at work. I just don't know if I'm going to do it before/during/or after track day season...
-Cody
good luck driving around a college town without full coverage...just hope the other person has coverage if you are in an accident...to each their own, I personally would NOT drive without full coverage...how many hit n run threads have we seen this year...I don't want a worthless pile of scrap in my back yard and tell people "it use to be a cool bike"...My theory is, if you can't afford the insurance, you can't afford the bike...
joeburt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #49
wesleh

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
08 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeburt1 View Post
good luck driving around a college town without full coverage...just hope the other person has coverage if you are in an accident...to each their own, I personally would NOT drive without full coverage...how many hit n run threads have we seen this year...I don't want a worthless pile of scrap in my back yard and tell people "it use to be a cool bike"...My theory is, if you can't afford the insurance, you can't afford the bike...
+1 agreed!
wesleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #50
exalted512
Slow^^^

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
When I worked for State Farm, the underwriters said it was covered unless it was a timed event. And if it wasn't, you could always say it happened somewhere else...

Quote:
That has nothing to do with comp/coll. If someone hit me, it would be covered under their insurance...or if they ran, it would be covered under by under my un-insured/under-insured/hit & run coverage, which is separate from comp/coll.
-Cody
Old 04-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #51
joeburt1
JoeJoe the dancing monkey

Feedback Rating: (3)

1976 Yamaha chappy
TL 1000S

Quote:
When I worked for State Farm, the underwriters said it was covered unless it was a timed event. And if it wasn't, you could always say it happened somewhere else...

That has nothing to do with comp/coll. If someone hit me, it would be covered under their insurance...or if they ran, it would be covered under by under my un-insured/under-insured/hit & run coverage, which is separate from comp/coll.
-Cody
I would be very specific with that question the next time you speak with your ins. co..i dont think (could be wrong) your bike would be covered, maybe medical, but not your bike...just be careful...
joeburt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:57 AM   #52
exalted512
Slow^^^

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
I would be very specific with that question the next time you speak with your ins. co..i dont think (could be wrong) your bike would be covered, maybe medical, but not your bike...just be careful...
That's what hit & run coverage IS. When I worked for State Farm, we had 2 instances of hit & runs with motorcycles. And yes, the bike was repaired under that coverage. That's why hit and run coverage has limits just like your liability insurance does...25/50/25, etc...as its up to $25k damage for your vehicle is covered.
-Cody
Old 04-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #53
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
I went round and round with progressive about this, they cover mc schools per se, but spefically exclude anything on a closed course. If you're agent says a trackday is covered I'd get it in writing.

So as long as your instructional course is on open, public roads you're covered. Gotta love insurance company bullshit.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:21 AM   #54
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
So as long as your instructional course is on open, public roads you're covered. Gotta love insurance company bullshit.
yea, I guess I need to read the policy.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement