Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2011, 04:53 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Harley Davidson FXDWG

Group Ride Update - Lindsay Foundation - my impressions

This Saturday was a group ride to raise money for the Lindsay Foundation and I wanted to give my impression. I know you have all been on the EDGE of your seats wondering how it went!!

I don't have the official count, but I'm guessing 150-160 bikes participated.
It was about 120 miles. Started in Porter, went north thru a couple small towns then east for a while. We came thru Cleveland and after about 1.5 hours of riding took a break.

It was the most well organized ride event I have ever participated in. All the local law enforcement and the road captains were on hand to block traffic at EVERY single intersection we passed. They did an outstanding job. NOT one time did our group get broken up or EVER had to stop at a stop light, stop sign, etc... Just rode on through with the traffic held back to let us pass. It was fun.

It was about a 4 hour ride total. We had a couple pit stops and took a very leisurely pace. Beautiful day, great food at the end, and I know a lot of $$$ was raised for a great cause. Thanks to any of the MH guys that were out there. There were a few sport bikes in the group but I didn't get a chance to go say "hey".
KSims1868 is offline   Reply With Quote