MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #61
dex2001

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
DUC 1098s
YAM FZR600 (SOLD)

Glad to hear your OK...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider hit by other rider - Video Inside Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 07-31-2012 03:42 PM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider Down on 242, report says inexperienced rider Davekg General Discussion (Moto Related) 94 03-24-2011 07:11 PM
Rider to Passenger/Other Rider Communication Pyrofallout General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-22-2008 09:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #62
exalted512
Slow^^^

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to exalted512
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeraboof View Post
Yeah, that was the first thing on my mind. As soon as I hit the ground and was sliding, I looked up to see what the traffic behind me was doing. I'm thankful that the guy behind me was paying attention and that I was wearing my gear.

I had about 4 car-lengths of space. The car went right over it. It sort of blended in with the road, so by the time I saw it there was nothing I could do.

Pics are uploading. Mechanically it is fine. Except now I need 2 rims and a few other minor things.

Also, apparently I cancelled my collision coverage several months ago to save money, so I'm not covered for this. So now I need to rent a truck, or install a hitch on my Rav4 and rent a trailer and go get my bike today or early tomorrow.
From an insurance stand point...if you saw the car that dropped the 4x4, you might be able to get it covered under hit & run coverage...MAYBE. Usually people still keep hit&run, even if you drop collision/comprehensive coverage.

Also, if you still have comprehensive coverage, it would more than likely be covered under comprehensive, not collision, since you shouldn't be considered at fault.

If you'd like to discuss this further, send me a PM.
-Cody
exalted512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #63
Kamario
Rider for Life

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 R6
1985 Honda Elite 250
1985 Honda Elite 80
1984 RX 50 (when I was 10)

Glad you're ok.
\
I don't know if this has already been stated, but I always follow in the tire tracks of a cars in front of me and keep a good distance. I ride in the outside tire track if I am in one of the outside lanes and the inside track when no one is on my inside. Hope that helps in the future.
Kamario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #64
yeraboof
( . v . )

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'06 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by exalted512 View Post
From an insurance stand point...if you saw the car that dropped the 4x4, you might be able to get it covered under hit & run coverage...MAYBE. Usually people still keep hit&run, even if you drop collision/comprehensive coverage.

Also, if you still have comprehensive coverage, it would more than likely be covered under comprehensive, not collision, since you shouldn't be considered at fault.

If you'd like to discuss this further, send me a PM.
-Cody
The insurance lady told me collision covered anything involved with wrecking. Even if I would have wrecked for no reason at all. She said comprehensive was for fire, theft, etc. I would like to look into that more though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamario View Post
Glad you're ok.
\
I don't know if this has already been stated, but I always follow in the tire tracks of a cars in front of me and keep a good distance. I ride in the outside tire track if I am in one of the outside lanes and the inside track when no one is on my inside. Hope that helps in the future.
I usually ride on the outside of the lane also. Just not this time
Old 04-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #65
exalted512
Slow^^^

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to exalted512
Who do you have insurance with? In short, that's kinda bull . Send me a PM with everything you can remember that you told the insurance lady about the accident.
-Cody
exalted512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #66
lownslowneon

Send a message via AIM to lownslowneon
Yup, insurance lady blowing smoke up your .. I'd call and talk to a competent person.

lownslowneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #67
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Specialized Allez Elite

Member Garage

Dang just saw this.. Really glad you're okay buddy. Rest up!!

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement