MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2011, 11:58 AM   #21
Sumo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 DRZ400SM
2006 DRZ400E

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldheat View Post
We will be looking at it all under daylight and fixing any problem areas.
On no, let us explore it in the dark. Makes for better videos that way.

Though somebody needs to bring night vision if we want to catch Brandon doing anything. A 1 candlepower Husky headlight, black jacket and black helmet - if he crashes we'll just have to take his word for it.
Sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sumo Ride in Austin 2014 crash279 Events, Meets and Rides 3 08-06-2014 12:22 PM
Dec 4 M&G Sumo Ride QuickMick Super Motards 4 12-08-2013 11:40 PM
Sumo ride 2morrow 7-24 in the AM BYRDMAN Events, Meets and Rides 8 07-23-2011 09:48 PM
Tuesday SUMO ride. coldheat Events, Meets and Rides 70 04-29-2011 06:53 PM
Motard / DS ride - Cancelled Scorpio Events, Meets and Rides 13 06-28-2009 08:13 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2011, 12:30 PM   #22
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Did someone say Jump?

now I'm really looking foward to it. We can hit some jogging trails later too....in the dark dodging Hobos!!!

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:40 PM   #23
Sumo

Bike(s):
2007 DRZ400SM
2006 DRZ400E

If we went back to that trail with all those hard berries and tried riding that in the dark, somebody's gonna eat bigtime. Those weren't fun when you knew they were there...
Old 04-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #24
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Man... that new rear tire is sounding more and more important... Who wants to bet I still don't get around to swapping it on before this ride?
Mr F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #25
IndyRC
Mutant

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr F. View Post
Any jumps for me are less than graceful. I'm always too worried about how much or how little throttle input I need to maintain to keep me from rotating forwards and face planting on pavement. More often than not I end up rotating too far back, which is equally scary.
I made that mistake once...just once. I woke up bleeding and missing some stuff from my mouth. I went back and made several more jumps so I wouldn't become afraid of it, then went to the hospital
Old 04-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #26
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own
- All the bikes I used to own which I still list so everyone on the forums will know how cool I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post
I made that mistake once...just once. I woke up bleeding and missing some stuff from my mouth. I went back and made several more jumps so I wouldn't become afraid of it, then went to the hospital
The first time I ever attempted a jump was at this spot...

I already knew about the basic mechanics and the effect of throttle and braking on mid air rotation from my years of racing offroad RC's, problem is, when I hit a jump too fast with the rc, it tumbles around and crashes to a halt without involving you in the process... A rear shock and a new set of handguards later, lesson learned...

So are you coming out to this?

Last edited by Mr F.; 04-14-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #27
coldheat
Chicken Strip

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Super Duke (Sold) :-(
690 SMC
250 xc
Trek Remedy

Mr F. Did you race with THRC? I just recently saw M&M is putting on short corse 4wd electric races. I have been thinking of getting back into RC now that they are racing electrics. I can't stand nitro, cost and maintenance. My Revo and rc10gt are hanging on my garage wall ever since I bought a Slash 2wd.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #28
coldheat
Chicken Strip

Bike(s):
690 SMC
250 xc
Trek Remedy

Just in case the Starbucks parkinglot is full there is a bank next door. It's closed at night and should be ok to park there.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:14 AM   #29
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

I guess instead of " years of racing rc's" I should have put "years of playing with rc's" never really raced competitively, but played around at the track a lot. I mostly stuck to onroads, but I did blow my wad on a couple of supermaxxes, both E and T. After getting over that I went to crawlers, and then moved on to full scale crawlers and ditched RC all together. Probably been a good eight or nine years since I've owned an RC, I do miss that smell of burning nitro, definitely a nitro guy, vs electric. 1/8 scale nitro road cars are the ultimate win
Old 04-15-2011, 10:35 AM   #30
coldheat
Chicken Strip

Bike(s):
690 SMC
250 xc
Trek Remedy

I am always floating in and out of RC. I started racing as a kid in southern cal. with the old school Losi and RC10's. Left RC behind till coming here and started racing nitro off road 8th scale and quickly got run out of that class due to cost, and stuck with 10th scale and MT. But when LiPo and brushless cars became faster and cheap I picked up a Slash and loved the scale looks and handling of that truck. Its awesome to see it cornering with the front inside wheel off the ground in a full drift. If I can find the time between MtN bikes, MX, street, SUMO, darts and the girlfriend. I will start racing again as long as M&M has a SC truck class. I don't care if it's a mod or a spec class. I did race mini-z and 18th scale road. I just can't get down with RC road cars.

Last edited by coldheat; 04-15-2011 at 10:42 AM.
coldheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #31
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Yeah, rc road cars are not nearly as fun as the MT's and buggies. I almost completely ditched road RC's when I bought my first 1/8 scale buggy. It really was the crisp precise handling of the road cars with the wow factor, jumps, and just all around fun of the MT's. My biggest problem with RC's was how much money I blew on them. The t-supermaxx ate about 3500 from start to finish, the brushless e-supermaxx was even more. I'm nearing 30, and I can think of a million things I would rather do with my money. Although I still really want to get my hands on a mini nitro rs4, just because I always wanted one, but just never got around to it. I did do the micro rs4 thing for a little bit, but never got into it. Way too small for me...

and now I'm on ebay, looking for mini nitro rs4 auctions.. see what you did?
Old 04-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #32
coldheat
Chicken Strip

Bike(s):
690 SMC
250 xc
Trek Remedy

Money is always a factor in toys. I hope to sell my DR-z this week. Then I can get some track day leathers, new street stuff and MX stuff. I have an offer but until I have cash in hand it's scetchy.

I think I will get my Slash out to M&M this week. I need a new body for it and some orange and black paint!!

Last edited by coldheat; 04-15-2011 at 01:31 PM.
coldheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 08:22 AM   #33
Sumo

Bike(s):
2007 DRZ400SM
2006 DRZ400E

Well I'm ready. Got my new chain/sprocket on last night. It's purdy....
Old 04-18-2011, 08:45 AM   #34
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumo View Post
Well I'm ready. Got my new chain/sprocket on last night. It's purdy....
I got my DRZ completely torn apart!! I will be putting it bam together tonite after the 3x3 mod and drilling out the fuel mixture screw. I hope that UPS guy come early tomorrow otherwise I won't make the meet.

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:12 PM   #35
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYRDMAN View Post
I got my DRZ completely torn apart!! I will be putting it bam together tonite after the 3x3 mod and drilling out the fuel mixture screw. I hope that UPS guy come early tomorrow otherwise I won't make the meet.
Just put the old exhaust back on if he doesn't make it. Just got my Arrow exhaust put on yesterday and that thing is badass. Took all of 5 minutes to put it on. Sounds the same at idle but barks a lot louder when you get going. Weighs about 100 lbs less than the stocker. May have to get a PCV now because the midpipe gets hot as so I think the bike is running lean now. It's amazing how much more free flowing exhausts without cats are. You can feel the exhaust coming out from pretty far away and if you hold your hand about 3 feet away you can hear the gases slapping your hand. For some reason the idle rpm went from 2k to 1700 after putting it on. IDK why. And I now have to remove the radiator bracket and the fan to check the valves because they are bent from my little get off on our ride the other day and I'm too lazy to try and bent it back. It's not leaking so I am going to leave it. See ya'll tomorrow. If that exhaust doesn't come in I'm stopping by your place first to put the old one back on it.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #36
jbmanrriquez

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2015 GSX-S750Z
2009 SM 510R / 2008 Versys
2008 WR250X / 2005 SV650 - sold
2005 636 Ninja / 2003 SV650 - sold
2003 Z1000 / 2001 TW200 / 2002 250 Ninja - all sold

Member Garage

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
Just put the old exhaust back on if he doesn't make it. Just got my Arrow exhaust put on yesterday and that thing is badass. Took all of 5 minutes to put it on. Sounds the same at idle but barks a lot louder when you get going. Weighs about 100 lbs less than the stocker. May have to get a PCV now because the midpipe gets hot as so I think the bike is running lean now. It's amazing how much more free flowing exhausts without cats are. You can feel the exhaust coming out from pretty far away and if you hold your hand about 3 feet away you can hear the gases slapping your hand. For some reason the idle rpm went from 2k to 1700 after putting it on. IDK why. And I now have to remove the radiator bracket and the fan to check the valves because they are bent from my little get off on our ride the other day and I'm too lazy to try and bent it back. It's not leaking so I am going to leave it. See ya'll tomorrow. If that exhaust doesn't come in I'm stopping by your place first to put the old one back on it.
You're welcome! LOL
jbmanrriquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 12:44 PM   #37
Mr F.
Throbbing Member

Bike(s):
- The bike I own

Procrastination got the better of me this weekend. Couldn't find the time to get off my and get that new rear tire mounted, but I'll still be out there on my old worn one
Old 04-19-2011, 02:34 PM   #38
coldheat
Chicken Strip

Bike(s):
690 SMC
250 xc
Trek Remedy

We got the approach to the jump and dirt area smothed out and ready for tonight. We also cleaned up some pointy objects. See everyone at Starbucks.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #39
Sumo

Bike(s):
2007 DRZ400SM
2006 DRZ400E

Dammit, I got word I've got a late vessel.

Of course. I got my bike ready and everything. I knew I was in trouble when I didn't work last night. I've only had three back-to-back nights off this year. Work sucks.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #40
coldheat
Chicken Strip

Bike(s):
690 SMC
250 xc
Trek Remedy

Sumo,
How late? PM me with you phone number and I will let you know where we are at. I imagine we will be at the spot for a while. If you can't make it this week. I think this may become a weekly thing.

Advertisement