MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #21
pinball
I got slow

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

I would love to get a performance increase with stock sound. The closest I've found so far is with the V&H 2 into 1. Significant performance gains and, from what I've found through research, just a throatier, slightly louder sound than stock. I'm probably going to go that route.

I can't find slip on exhaust for my bike, & wouldn't go that route even if I could. I already have a K&N, so I'd just have to jet my carbs. Not much I can do about my airbox. It's under the seat, & there is no aftermarket kit to re-route it externally. I might be able to rig something if I take my toolbox off, bit I haven't really looked at it. I guess I could drill it.

I really appreciate the input. It's been very helpful.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new exhaust bunxx Off Topic 1 09-04-2012 11:52 PM
Arrow Exhaust vs D&D Exhaust DJSuperVillain Performance and Modifications 16 07-24-2008 09:11 PM
New Exhaust BuffaloRider13 Performance and Modifications 9 03-06-2008 07:15 PM
New exhaust..before and after... #1 stunna General Discussion (Moto Related) 29 06-08-2007 01:50 PM
Need someones help installing my exhaust (need tools I dont have, and exhaust hanger) scrapp Off Topic 7 11-21-2006 10:59 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2011, 12:21 PM   #22
honorsdaddy
Professional Donor

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2012 BMW K1600GTL
2013 Triumph Trophy SE (sold)
2009 Harley-Davidson Road Glide(sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1300T (sold)
2007 Star V-Star 1100 (sold)

Send a message via Yahoo to honorsdaddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
I would love to get a performance increase with stock sound. The closest I've found so far is with the V&H 2 into 1. Significant performance gains and, from what I've found through research, just a throatier, slightly louder sound than stock. I'm probably going to go that route.

I can't find slip on exhaust for my bike, & wouldn't go that route even if I could. I already have a K&N, so I'd just have to jet my carbs. Not much I can do about my airbox. It's under the seat, & there is no aftermarket kit to re-route it externally. I might be able to rig something if I take my toolbox off, bit I haven't really looked at it. I guess I could drill it.

I really appreciate the input. It's been very helpful.
My pleasure.

You'll have a hard time maintaining stock sound but you can maintain near stock volume. V&H makes a wonderful pipe. They were my second choice, and if they had made them in black when I bought the bike, I'd probably have their Monster Ovals. The Rinehart's I have though are pretty tough to beat for the HD dressers.

shame they don't make them anymore. They've got Samson making their cans now instead of Bub, and they no longer look, sound or perform the same...

But I digress - for the metrics, V&H or Cobra are about your best bets. Cobra is going to be louder and less expensive, but good quality nonetheless. V&H is $$ but worth every penny in the long run. Loud and throaty enough that you don't sound like a sewing machine but not so loud that your ears are bleeding after a couple hundred miles.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:33 PM   #23
1340HIGH
1340HIGH

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley FXDC
420 Honda Rancher ATV

I have a 07 sabre
I am OK with the stock exhaust. I like the look and I think it is well designed to include balance pipe, and pleanty of heat shields.

I have thought of the VH 2 into 1 power pipe. I think that one would show the most improvement in power since it can utilze the exhaust pulses to aid in its effectiveness
You will get more saddle bag clearance too.

But $ 500 is a lot to me.

Hope to hear how it turns out if you make the change.
1340HIGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 06:56 PM   #24
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1340HIGH View Post
I have a 07 sabre
I am OK with the stock exhaust. I like the look and I think it is well designed to include balance pipe, and pleanty of heat shields.

I have thought of the VH 2 into 1 power pipe. I think that one would show the most improvement in power since it can utilze the exhaust pulses to aid in its effectiveness
You will get more saddle bag clearance too.

But $ 500 is a lot to me.

Hope to hear how it turns out if you make the change.
I certainly will. Already ordered everything. V&H 2 into 1 & a Factory Pro jet kit. Figured out how to build a carb balancer, so I won't have to buy one/pay someone to do it. Pipes are on backorder til May 13th.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #25
CombatM0NKEY
Call me TOOTs..

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
1995 Honda Shadow 600VLX

Honda Xr50

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via MSN to CombatM0NKEY Send a message via Yahoo to CombatM0NKEY
question.. would aftermarket V&H, Cobra etc.. be better for gain that a custom fabbed straight pipe?
CombatM0NKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:05 AM   #26
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Gasoline motors require a certain amount of back pressure for a given compression ration. The guys at V&H, Cobra, etc make a lot of money to figure out the maximum diameter of their pipes to allow for the most air flow without hindering the engine. My thought is that custom pipes are more for a look/sound, unless you're going to modify internal engine components and need to drastically increase your airflow. Hint...you'd probably have to change pistons, crank, cams and get rid of natural aspiration to need custom pipes that allow more air flow than anything you can get from a current manufacturer.

Advertisement