MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
bioGuru
Aut inveniam viam aut fac

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Suzuki GSX650F - sold

Member Garage

Question MC specific life insurance?

I know this is a morbid thought but I was wondering if anyone offers insurance specific to a MC accident?

For instance, I have a policy that if I die in a car crash my family gets some extra money - if it is noted on a report that I had a seat belt on then the amount doubles.

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
bioGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Geico MC Insurance Blanco General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 01-07-2013 09:54 PM
Life insurance txferrari Off Topic 31 11-04-2009 05:18 PM
Life Insurance amber|alexis Off Topic 5 08-07-2008 08:06 AM
Somebody tried to OFF me for my life insurance! Squoddybody Off Topic 42 04-08-2008 10:24 AM
Life Insurance DvlRacer Off Topic 3 10-28-2007 09:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
all life insurance would cover incase of a moto accident. If it doesn't, then your buying something from a welfare agent and carrier. Just saying
Old 04-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
trooper
Time to ride.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 Heritage Softail Classic

The car crash part is an accidental death benefit, usually it's a rider attached to an existing policy (like Life or Auto). Nobody that I know of offers one specifically for motorcycle wrecks. Pachuco is correct in that any life insurance policy will cover you in a moto accident unless for some reason it's excluded.
trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:10 AM   #4
bioGuru

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
all life insurance would cover incase of a moto accident. If it doesn't, then your buying something from a welfare agent and carrier. Just saying
I have 3 different life policies (one whole, one term, one through work).

Many policies exclude "risky" behavior. Sky diving, scuba diving, etc.

I was looking for an extra policy that would only cover a MC accident only like my car accident coverage. Because it only covers a MC accident it should not be as expensive as the same amount covering all cases.

This way the kids mom wouldn't at me about riding and might actually want me to ride more.... I would just need to be sure to do the whole checklist before getting on the bike each and every time

Motorcycling in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, it is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity or neglect.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #5
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioGuru View Post
I have 3 different life policies (one whole, one term, one through work).

Many policies exclude "risky" behavior. Sky diving, scuba diving, etc.

I was looking for an extra policy that would only cover a MC accident only like my car accident coverage. Because it only covers a MC accident it should not be as expensive as the same amount covering all cases.

This way the kids mom wouldn't at me about riding and might actually want me to ride more.... I would just need to be sure to do the whole checklist before getting on the bike each and every time
you can buy as many as you want, as long as your assets and income justify the policies, but there is not such thing as a moto life policy only
Old 04-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #6
bioGuru

Bike(s):

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
you can buy as many as you want, as long as your assets and income justify the policies, but there is not such thing as a moto life policy only
ok cool! thanks!!

Old 04-11-2011, 10:20 AM   #7
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioGuru View Post
ok cool! thanks!!
No worries, there are policies that exclude risky behavior, but NORMALLY, moto is considered transportation, so they can't take that out. A work policy could exclude it if they asked for it, so it wouldn't hurt to read the contract. But most major carriers will include it

Advertisement