MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #41
CodyGP

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny77423 View Post
Actually the turns we were going through were pretty closely stacked... I was estimating his straight line accelerations (obviously I'm not a human radar detector)... but he would walk away from me like I was going in reverse... and then near come to a stop right before the turns... his friends left him (we all got onto 1458 at the same time from the bridge... we were on the way home and they were out joy riding) ... I wasn't trying to race the guy... just wanted to pass him since he couldn't corner worth a and traffic was stacking up... but he kept up with the tortise and hare routine in the straights... so I finally passed him in a corner (gave him a lane to himself because he was all over the place)... and I never got over 80 the whole way home. I think he got rattled when I ran past him with open pipes and a wide open throttle... and believe it or not... that softtail will hold a line in a curve. I wouldn't push it much harder than that on those 70 series tires though... too much flex in the sidewalls.

Anyway... if you don't like it... tough ... I live out here and have to ride this road to get home... if you're out here hauling and wanna pass, you just flick your brights and people will let you go around (what a concept)...
No sweat off my back dude, I doubt you'd ever run into this problem behind me so I'm not too concerned. Just not sure what you're looking to get out of posting all this stupid .
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
south and south east riders with fb zx6r-25580 Events, Meets and Rides 7 03-23-2014 07:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #42
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Just got back... holy what a perfect day to ride... Shout out to the guy on the repsol-stickered CBR I passed on the inside... didn't mean to spook you, but you were slowing traffic bro and the whole deal where you were going 140 in the straights and 40 in the turns was gettin' on my nerves bad...

-CRJ-
Quote:
so I finally passed him in a corner (gave him a lane to himself because he was all over the place)...
so.......

How did you pass him again??

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 04-11-2011, 12:51 PM   #43
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
so.......

How did you pass him again??
Hey. I've got the logic covered in this thread. You go be skinny somewhere else.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #44
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

if you pass someone on the inside... you're in the middle of the road... is "wide lane" the wrong term for saying "the other lane"??? We were turning and I went "wide" to avoid him... basically slanted across the turn which is why the lean angle was so steep... but that softtail has such a low slung body you don't notice... I scraped the pegs on it and kept getting kicked for it... it's by no means a cornering machine, but it does pretty good for a cruiser.

Can't wait to finish building this fxr in my shop... 96 cubes with pointy cams and a huge carb... should make around 100-110 horses ... good for hitting the highway and hauling , and that's about it... this soft tail is prolly only around 50 (it's all stock 80 cube motor)... but it's good for cruising around here.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #45
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyGP View Post
No sweat off my back dude, I doubt you'd ever run into this problem behind me so I'm not too concerned. Just not sure what you're looking to get out of posting all this stupid .
If you don't want to read it, then don't... couldn't care less...

If you think it's that bad, then flag it to a mod and let them yank it and have them ban me... I've got digits for the 5 people from here I care to ride with and I don't really care about the rest of this ...

Last edited by Johnny77423; 04-11-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #46
CodyGP

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

Whatever you say Chief...

chiefbromden
Old 04-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #47
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
Hey. I've got the logic covered in this thread. You go be skinny somewhere else.
Awwww man!

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 04-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #48
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
if you pass someone on the inside... you're in the middle of the road... is "wide lane" the wrong term for saying "the other lane"??? We were turning and I went "wide" to avoid him... basically slanted across the turn which is why the lean angle was so steep... but that softtail has such a low slung body you don't notice... I scraped the pegs on it and kept getting kicked for it... it's by no means a cornering machine, but it does pretty good for a cruiser.

If you passed him on the inside and were in the middle of the road then he must have drifted into the oncoming lane of traffic if it were a right hander. If he ran wide and you passed him on the inside in a left hander then YOU were in the oncoming lane. Either way that would make you a complete idiot. None of the turns on Racer south have great visibility through the length of them. If it was a right hander and he suddenly veered back into the correct lane to avoid an oncoming car it would have been the end of both of you. If it was a left hander then you passed in a corner in the oncoming lane and risked killing yourself and possibly the motorist who struck you.

I'm still not seeing how you were scraping pegs on a bike that isn't a cornering maching while dragging knee with 70 series tires. Can you draw a diagram or something?
Old 04-11-2011, 12:58 PM   #49
Pachuco
So fly, I need feathers

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
1098s
S4RS
SC1000
999s
996 sps

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Pachuco
Cool story, bro

Last edited by Pachuco; 04-11-2011 at 12:59 PM. Reason: wrong
Old 04-11-2011, 01:06 PM   #50
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If you passed him on the inside and were in the middle of the road then he must have drifted into the oncoming lane of traffic if it were a right hander. If he ran wide and you passed him on the inside in a left hander then YOU were in the oncoming lane. Either way that would make you a complete idiot. None of the turns on Racer south have great visibility through the length of them. If it was a right hander and he suddenly veered back into the correct lane to avoid an oncoming car it would have been the end of both of you. If it was a left hander then you passed in a corner in the oncoming lane and risked killing yourself and possibly the motorist who struck you.

I'm still not seeing how you were scraping pegs on a bike that isn't a cornering maching while dragging knee with 70 series tires. Can you draw a diagram or something?
I could but I'd rather just have a mod kill the thread... if you wanna see someone on a harley get high lean angles... just go to mancuso and watch the advanced riders class... there's a guy that's about 90 (he looks like your grandpa's grandpa on either a really clean harley... I think he also rides a goldwing soemtimes) that can crape the pegs on his bike at less than 20 mph... it's wild to see...

And believe me.. it wasn't intentional... I just wanted to pass this guy and he was being a douche by hauling in the straights and all but starting a parking lot in the turns... that is just annoying...

Anyway... if anyone knows how to "kill" a thread... just do it or shoot me a pm to tell me how...
Old 04-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #51
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

I tried to make up for being a douche(spring fresh) by going 140 in the straights bro
Old 04-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #52
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

Your trying too hard brah.

Come here you little cake eating sieg heil .
Old 04-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #53
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
I could but I'd rather just have a mod kill the thread... if you wanna see someone on a harley get high lean angles... just go to mancuso and watch the advanced riders class... there's a guy that's about 90 (he looks like your grandpa's grandpa on either a really clean harley... I think he also rides a goldwing soemtimes) that can crape the pegs on his bike at less than 20 mph... it's wild to see...

And believe me.. it wasn't intentional... I just wanted to pass this guy and he was being a douche by hauling in the straights and all but starting a parking lot in the turns... that is just annoying...

Anyway... if anyone knows how to "kill" a thread... just do it or shoot me a pm to tell me how...

HEY MODS! CLOSE MY THREAD CAUSE THEY'RE MAKING FUN OF ME.
You should go ride with cbrwayne and you two can give each other handies while you talk about how awesome you are

You tried to sound all cool, dragging knee, passing on the inside and whatnot. You got called out on your bullshit now you want the thread "killed."

You know whats annoying? fucktards like you.

Khaki shirt.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #54
CodyGP

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

And boom goes the dynamite.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:11 PM   #55
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post

HEY MODS! CLOSE MY THREAD CAUSE THEY'RE MAKING FUN OF ME.
You should go ride with cbrwayne and you two can give each other handies while you talk about how awesome you are

You tried to sound all cool, dragging knee, passing on the inside and whatnot. You got called out on your bullshit now you want the thread "killed."

You know whats annoying? fucktards like you.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:12 PM   #56
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
witty retort.
were you dragging knee in front of your keyboard when you typed that?

Khaki shirt.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #57
Rael
Communist Plant

Bike(s):
'12 Griso 8v
'13 Wr250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
Dragging knee on a sportster? 2 UP? Then you compare it to a 50? LOL. I haul on my 50 all the time. I've gotten my knee down ONCE. That was after chasing Kibitzer round a track and I wiped out shortly after. (healthy compition is epic)

So yeah broski. This is like one of those stories where a ninja 250 rider tells you his 250 tops out at 275.
Just find me a big enough hill...
Old 04-11-2011, 01:14 PM   #58
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

This is a thread you want to disappear, its like that big girl you hit on all night then took her home. The next day you have that feeling and you know it just might comeback to haunt you, your friends might find out. Then BAM five years later you're married and dragging knee on a harley with her on back.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #59
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Okay so I've been working on a visual aid...let me know what you think.

picturephp?albumid45&amppictureid1917

I gave you an eyepatch because, well lets face, pirates are badass.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #60
ddgtomahawk
Write my name! \/

Bike(s):
2016 R1
2001 Honda CBR929 RE
2005 Honda CBR600RR
2007 R6S

That's not a 70 series tire.

Closed Thread

Advertisement