MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #21
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

and maybe chip in on my therapist bill
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
south and south east riders with fb zx6r-25580 Events, Meets and Rides 7 03-23-2014 07:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #22
IndyRC
Mutant

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
Okay. So there is a ton of rambling here, but let me see if I have this story straight:

You were 2up with your girlfriend on her Harley Softtail. How could you possibly tell the guy was doing 160+ in the straights? I'm fairly certain the Softtail isn't putting those numbers down. And if he was, even parking it in the turns how the would you have caught up to him to pass him in a turn? The HD would have been waaaaaay back there. The turns on RR south a spread out enough that the 1000 should have gapped you significantly in the straights.

Dragging knee on a Softtail. Man, I'm looking at the seating position. Really? I'm going to need a second opinion on that one. Especially with comparison to dragging knee on a 50.

So you talk about policing our own, but you freely admit to passing a rider on the inside on a public that you noticed had obvious trepidations with his corner speed???

So far it looks like the only policing that needs to be done here is for you to be ridiculed for bad judgement and over exaggeration. Maybe I've got things confused though. Please clarify this stuff for me.
Don't hate because you ain't got skillz
Old 04-11-2011, 11:10 AM   #23
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post
You ain't OG.

It's spelled SKEELZ.

L2begangsta
Old 04-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #24
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Okay. So there is a ton of rambling here, but let me see if I have this story straight:

You were 2up with your girlfriend on her Harley Softtail. How could you possibly tell the guy was doing 160+ in the straights? I'm fairly certain the Softtail isn't putting those numbers down. And if he was, even parking it in the turns how the would you have caught up to him to pass him in a turn? The HD would have been waaaaaay back there. The turns on RR south are spread out enough that the 1000 should have gapped you significantly in the straights.

Dragging knee on a Softtail. Man, I'm looking at the seating position. Really? I'm going to need a second opinion on that one. Especially with comparison to dragging knee on a 50.

So you talk about policing our own, but you freely admit to passing a rider on the inside on a public road that you noticed had obvious trepidations with his corner speed???

So far it looks like the only policing that needs to be done here is for you to be ridiculed for bad judgement and over exaggeration. Maybe I've got things confused though. Please clarify this stuff for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
I like the part where he said that he is an awesome rider and that he has a girlfriend he 2up'd with and got 2 bj's out of it and then he poured a cocktail and witing on a hottie...

One day I hope I'm this cool...
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6rb-ray View Post
ftw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC View Post

its like cbrwayne says: "Dont hate - ."

or something like that.

Khaki shirt.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #25
Deebo
formerly known as v.viney

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Monster S2R 1000
1996 Suzuki Intruder 800

Quote:
I like the part where he said that he is an awesome rider and that he has a girlfriend he 2up'd with and got 2 bj's out of it and then he poured a cocktail and waiting on a hottie...

+1
Old 04-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #26
CodyGP

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
and maybe chip in on my therapist bill
Wait... was that actually you on the Repsol?
Old 04-11-2011, 11:36 AM   #27
Mr.D

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

Quote:
I like the part where he said that he is an awesome rider and that he has a girlfriend he 2up'd with and got 2 bj's out of it and then he poured a cocktail and waiting on a hottie...

Quote:

You were 2up with your girlfriend on her Harley Softtail. How could you possibly tell the guy was doing 160+ in the straights? I'm fairly certain the Softtail isn't putting those numbers down. And if he was, even parking it in the turns how the would you have caught up to him to pass him in a turn? The HD would have been waaaaaay back there. The turns on RR south are spread out enough that the 1000 should have gapped you significantly in the straights.

So you talk about policing our own, but you freely admit to passing a rider on the inside on a public road that you noticed had obvious trepidations with his corner speed???

Quote:
ftw!
Hey guys I was having fun with him!!! Why you gotta it up?
Old 04-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #28
green600
HG Chairperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyGP View Post
Wait... was that actually you on the Repsol?
its a repsol-stickered CBR
Old 04-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #29
CodyGP

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

Quote:
its a repsol-stickered CBR

So not you?
Old 04-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #30
r6rb-ray

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2009 r6, 2002 r6 fighter, 2002 cr125, 83 gs1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
Hey guys I was having fun with him!!! Why you gotta it up?
sorry bud its just too ridiculous
Old 04-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #31
CodyGP

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

I can't wait for the 1000+ word response spread over 4 posts one after another by this guy.

I'm sure he's typing up the rough draft as we speak... atlesat I hope so, slow day at work and I could use a distraction.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:09 PM   #32
Mr.D

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

Quote:
sorry bud its just too ridiculous
Dragging knee on a sportster? 2 UP? Then you compare it to a 50? LOL. I haul on my 50 all the time. I've gotten my knee down ONCE. That was after chasing Kibitzer round a track and I wiped out shortly after. (healthy compition is epic)

So yeah broski. This is like one of those stories where a ninja 250 rider tells you his 250 tops out at 275.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:10 PM   #33
green600
HG Chairperson

I think I saw knee down in the corner as he passed going 90+
Old 04-11-2011, 12:37 PM   #34
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Quote:
you scared me... BAD.... I dont think I will ever be the same! Sitting in therapist office right now to talk through all the shame of being passed by a Harley on a turn.
dude... if that was you... get one of your buddies that took off on you to show you how to corner and how to share the road with other people...
Old 04-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #35
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Did you pass him in the same lane?
No man... you know me better than that... I took the wide lane... guy was ALL over the place... and traffic was stacking up like crazy behind me so I did what I had to do... I finally passed him right where the orchard is near my house...
Old 04-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #36
lisiecki1
survivor of 7/4/08 ride..

Feedback Rating: (5)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny77423 View Post
dude... if that was you... get one of your buddies that took off on you to show you how to corner and how to share the road with other people...
oh, the irony
Old 04-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #37
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
...Shout out to the guy on the repsol-stickered CBR I passed on the inside...
Quote:
No man... you know me better than that... I took the wide lane... guy was ALL over the place... and traffic was stacking up like crazy behind me so I did what I had to do... I finally passed him right where the orchard is near my house...
You passed on the inside in the wide lane? Where the was the CBR, in the pastures?
Old 04-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #38
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Quote:
Actually, after reading about passing someone on the street 'on the inside' and calling their SV the 'zuki' it just seemed to fit the overall tone of the thread.

I'm confused with your story though, if the dude was going 150+ on the straights and 40 in the turns, why not let him haul ahead of you, cruise 40 on the straights and go however fast you feel you need to in the corners with your gf on the back of a cruiser. Seems rather inrresponsible of you to put a rider at risk like that, as well as your gf on the back, and last but not least yourself. Had that guy reacted differently you could have found yourself in jail, or the hospital, or a jail hospital.

Also just becuase you own a Repsol doesn't mean you have to ride it like Pedrosa/Stoner dude, its just stickers after all.
Quote:
Actually, after reading about passing someone on the street 'on the inside' and calling their SV the 'zuki' it just seemed to fit the overall tone of the thread.

I'm confused with your story though, if the dude was going 150+ on the straights and 40 in the turns, why not let him haul ahead of you, cruise 40 on the straights and go however fast you feel you need to in the corners with your gf on the back of a cruiser. Seems rather inrresponsible of you to put a rider at risk like that, as well as your gf on the back, and last but not least yourself. Had that guy reacted differently you could have found yourself in jail, or the hospital, or a jail hospital.

Also just becuase you own a Repsol doesn't mean you have to ride it like Pedrosa/Stoner dude, its just stickers after all.
Actually the turns we were going through were pretty closely stacked... I was estimating his straight line accelerations (obviously I'm not a human radar detector)... but he would walk away from me like I was going in reverse... and then near come to a stop right before the turns... his friends left him (we all got onto 1458 at the same time from the bridge... we were on the way home and they were out joy riding) ... I wasn't trying to race the guy... just wanted to pass him since he couldn't corner worth a and traffic was stacking up... but he kept up with the tortise and hare routine in the straights... so I finally passed him in a corner (gave him a lane to himself because he was all over the place)... and I never got over 80 the whole way home. I think he got rattled when I ran past him with open pipes and a wide open throttle... and believe it or not... that softtail will hold a line in a curve. I wouldn't push it much harder than that on those 70 series tires though... too much flex in the sidewalls.

Anyway... if you don't like it... tough ... I live out here and have to ride this road to get home... if you're out here hauling and wanna pass, you just flick your brights and people will let you go around (what a concept)...
Old 04-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #39
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
...I wouldn't push it much harder than that on those 70 series tires though... too much flex in the sidewalls.
But hard enough to drag knee?
Old 04-11-2011, 12:49 PM   #40
Mr.D

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

Quote: