Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #1
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

RR south

Going to go check out 1489... If all the cops are tied up today maybe I can do some "laps"... I'll be out there from 10 til 11 ... any more than that and the cops are sure to show and post up ...

After I'm headed over north of Sealy to hit some of the backroads between there and Hempstead... and then back to the house...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,1.056747&z=11

J
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
south and south east riders with fb zx6r-25580 Events, Meets and Rides 7 03-23-2014 07:26 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

this run usually takes about 2 hours... if we don't' have to stop for anything ...
Old 04-10-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Just got back... holy what a perfect day to ride... Shout out to the guy on the repsol-stickered CBR I passed on the inside... didn't mean to spook you, but you were slowing traffic bro and the whole deal where you were going 140 in the straights and 40 in the turns was gettin' on my nerves bad...

Get one of your buddies to teach you how to take turns (I guessed that's why they put you in the back)... You KNOW you're slow when a guy riding his GF's softail classic passes you in a turn... DUDE... REALLY !?!?!?

Otherwise... hope everyone made it home safe... I've got my feet up with a cocktail in hand and a hottie on her way over here with an evil grin working... It's a good life aint it (???)...

-CRJ-

Last edited by Johnny77423; 04-10-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
Mr.D

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
ZZR 600
2007 GSXR 600
VFR 800
Honda Stunt 50

LOLS

This is just funny.

You're ballsy bro. I've never been to RR but I assume its fun.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Yeah... in hind sight... I feel bad for the guy... but my GF was behind me kicking me in the ribs to pass his slow ... we were on HER Harley softail if that gives you ANY idea of how slow he was going... it was bad...

On My zuki or honda I'd have given him a wider berth in the straights, but her bike accelerates like a harley (cuz it is one)... so I had to do what I had to do...

Of course I got "paid" for my efforts today when we got home (she loves it when I drag a knee on her frakin' soft tail... which I'm sure is funny as to watch)... So really i owe that guy a beer (x2 from my count now)... if you're reading this and have the gnards to own up to being passed in a curve by a guy on a Harley... Please... let me know and I'll be more than gracious to meet you and buy you those beers...

Cheers...

CRJ
Old 04-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #6
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

And yes... it's A LOT like trying to corner on a CRF-50... you just hang it out there and pray you don't scrape... LOL
Old 04-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #7
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Anytime I'm Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
LOLS

This is just funny.

You're ballsy bro. I've never been to RR but I assume its fun.
I-10 East to Brookshire... take 359 north to Pattison... when you get to 1458... go straight... and stay on it until you hit san felipe (the town they used to call "washington on the brazos" back int he day)... That's RR north... then take I-10 back to brookshire ( east towards houston) until you exit for 1489... take it south out of town... there is a 3 mile stretch that is better than ANY track... smooth switchback style hairpins and double apex turns that'll stand your hair on end at speed... Good times...

If you want, after i get my SV back up I'll take you for a "tour"... we can do some laps on 1489.... I keep it between 80 and 100 so if you wanna go faster just go around... on the SV I'm still using old school suspension and if I push it any harder it'll fold on me... I just got a new bike but it's for commuting... so the SV is getting a suspension upgrade (prolly GSX-R forks this summer)... ANYWAY... I'd be glad to take you with some of my Bro's and me on a "3 hour tour" of waller, and Austin counties... I'll be back on my crotch rocket in a week or so...

CRJ

PS... let me knwo before hand ... right now is "lance armstrong wanna be" season and RR north is packed with leos and pedal bikers... so we'll prolly go elsewhere to hit twisties...

ALSO.. if you get a chance to follow sunday rider, or bevo... do it!!! Good people and good rides. I've only ridden with bevo like twice (he was on his liter bike and left my SV in the dust) and sunday rider once (there again... can't hang in the straights on a twin) ... but solid peeps with good trails and real skills... do it...
Old 04-10-2011, 05:35 PM   #8
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

Be glad he didnt crash and kill himself.....
Old 04-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #9
CodyGP

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

Gixxers are the best.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #10
Cornerjunkie
Route Master Protege'

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
05 Yamaha R6 (Fully Blown Out)
Track bike Gsxr750 (working on it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyGP View Post
I remember this friggin guy... Classic.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #11
Versatile337
They call me V or Franco

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 GSX-R 750 (Blk/Matte Blk)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyGP View Post
how does a story about a harley and a cbr warrant the posting of this video
Old 04-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #12
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
Be glad he didnt crash and kill himself.....
For sure... but to be honest... if you're on a Repsol Honda CBR and can't handle being passed (by a cruiser) ... MAYBE you're on the wrong bike and riding in a way that is WAY over your skill set (!?!?!?!?)... who is really to blame here???

What's really bad is they were approaching the curve that was about 100 feet from my house where 3 riders from moto-houston have died within the last 2 years... maybe we shouldn't be taking people out if they (1) don't know how to ride... and (2) are on a bike that is WAY out of their league... Let's start policing ourselves and each other when we are THERE... not 2 days later on the BBS... DUH!
Old 04-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #13
Johnny77423
Obnoxiously Loud Guy

Bike(s):
Scooter
Moped
Tricycle
rzr

That video is cracked... good post... What's really funny... is I met my GF at the gym in the little town we live in... guess that makes me a "bad dude" too... LOL Except I "always drive the speed limit and act responsibly... Nice hair cut..." LOL

I think the point the guy was making (and I can only infer here because I didn't ask him) was that a jackass on a powerful bike is still a jackass... and when I passed that kid who was going 160-180 in the straights and 40-60 int he curves...was in fact a jackass... at least he had a helmet on... Kuddos for that dude... and sorry if i hurt I offend you with any of this (I've been told I'm a little insensitive at times)...

Did anyone see the one that was cued next... called "murdercycle"... looks like it was a cut scene from a cheap video game or a low budget movie... but it would have been more appropriate... dude on a (POS) cruiser and a guy on a rice rocket trying to kill each other... funny ...

In my best "bad dude" voice...
"L8R"

CRJ

Last edited by Johnny77423; 04-10-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:20 AM   #14
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Did you pass him in the same lane?
Old 04-11-2011, 10:29 AM   #15
CodyGP

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

Actually, after reading about passing someone on the street 'on the inside' and calling their SV the 'zuki' it just seemed to fit the overall tone of the thread.

I'm confused with your story though, if the dude was going 150+ on the straights and 40 in the turns, why not let him haul ahead of you, cruise 40 on the straights and go however fast you feel you need to in the corners with your gf on the back of a cruiser. Seems rather inrresponsible of you to put a rider at risk like that, as well as your gf on the back, and last but not least yourself. Had that guy reacted differently you could have found yourself in jail, or the hospital, or a jail hospital.

Also just becuase you own a Repsol doesn't mean you have to ride it like Pedrosa/Stoner dude, its just stickers after all.

Last edited by CodyGP; 04-11-2011 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:46 AM   #16
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

you scared me... BAD.... I dont think I will ever be the same! Sitting in therapist office right now to talk through all the shame of being passed by a Harley on a turn.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #17
IndyRC
Mutant

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None

WOW I mean...
Old 04-11-2011, 11:00 AM   #18
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Okay. So there is a ton of rambling here, but let me see if I have this story straight:

You were 2up with your girlfriend on her Harley Softtail. How could you possibly tell the guy was doing 160+ in the straights? I'm fairly certain the Softtail isn't putting those numbers down. And if he was, even parking it in the turns how the would you have caught up to him to pass him in a turn? The HD would have been waaaaaay back there. The turns on RR south are spread out enough that the 1000 should have gapped you significantly in the straights.

Dragging knee on a Softtail. Man, I'm looking at the seating position. Really? I'm going to need a second opinion on that one. Especially with comparison to dragging knee on a 50.

So you talk about policing our own, but you freely admit to passing a rider on the inside on a public road that you noticed had obvious trepidations with his corner speed???

So far it looks like the only policing that needs to be done here is for you to be ridiculed for bad judgement and over exaggeration. Maybe I've got things confused though. Please clarify this stuff for me.

Last edited by kibitzer; 04-11-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: I haz teh grammarz dumb.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #19
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

I like the part where he said that he is an awesome rider and that he has a girlfriend he 2up'd with and got 2 bj's out of it and then he poured a cocktail and waiting on a hottie...

One day I hope I'm this cool...

HALFFAST GROUP

Last edited by NewRider; 04-11-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:05 AM   #20
r6rb-ray

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2009 r6, 2002 r6 fighter, 2002 cr125, 83 gs1100

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
Okay. So there is a ton of rambling here, but let me see if I have this story straight:

You were 2up with your girlfriend on her Harley Softtail. How could you possibly tell the guy was doing 160+ in the straights? I'm fairly certain the Softtail isn't putting those numbers down. And if he was, even parking it in the turns how the would you have caught up to him to pass him in a turn? The HD would have been waaaaaay back there. The turns on RR south a spread out enough that the 1000 should have gapped you significantly in the straights.

Dragging knee on a Softtail. Man, I'm looking at the seating position. Really? I'm going to need a second opinion on that one. Especially with comparison to dragging knee on a 50.

So you talk about policing our own, but you freely admit to passing a rider on the inside on a public that you noticed had obvious trepidations with his corner speed???

So far it looks like the only policing that needs to be done here is for you to be ridiculed for bad judgement and over exaggeration. Maybe I've got things confused though. Please clarify this stuff for me.
ftw!
Closed Thread

Advertisement