MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2011, 04:44 PM   #1
FKNA
Senior Member
 
FKNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,707

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing








Trailer Toy

Here's a new motorcycle trailer I picked up last month. I absolutely love it. Best thing of all, I can fold it up and store it in my garage.


.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer1.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	43400   Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer2.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	43401   Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer3.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	43402  

FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pop Up Camper / Utility Trailer / toy hauler? Petro Off Topic 14 04-17-2014 08:45 AM
Sat. Dec. 14 " Toy for Tots" Toy Run. noy609 Cruisers Lounge 1 12-14-2013 09:48 PM
New toy = another new toy and FIRE Ulric Off Topic 19 02-20-2011 06:23 PM
Trailer Park or Trailer Apartment ? lanzer913 Off Topic 20 11-21-2009 03:28 AM
New toy, now I need a trailer Gryphin Off Topic 17 01-11-2009 11:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #2
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,121

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Nice
bluewave18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #3
ormand
Deelish!
 
ormand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,835

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000





Is that a Kendon? If so, where did you pick it up and how much if you don't mind me asking?
__________________
ONET 1
ormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:56 PM   #4
Soclose
Green and Mean
 
Soclose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,232

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
'05 Suzuki GS500F(sold)
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 650r (sold)
'06 Yamaha R6 50th Anniversary




sweet trailer..goldwing is pretty sweet as well
__________________
Trailer Toy
Soclose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:58 PM   #5
ride-red
Monster
 
ride-red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 407

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 1000RR
04 VT1100C2
00 CBR929RR (SOLD)







sweet
ride-red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #6
green600
HG Chairperson
 
green600's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 77045
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 20,191

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1











Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
Is that a Kendon? If so, where did you pick it up and how much if you don't mind me asking?
This
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #7
FKNA
Senior Member
 
FKNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,707

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing








Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
Is that a Kendon? If so, where did you pick it up and how much if you don't mind me asking?
No, it's a Drop-Tail trailer. Picked it up directly from the manufacture in Euless, which is Dallas/Ft Worth area. It was $2,150 for the trailer and is much better than a Kendon IMHO.

http://www.droptailtrailers.com/
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #8
FKNA
Senior Member
 
FKNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,707

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing








Quote:
Originally Posted by Soclose View Post
sweet trailer..goldwing is pretty sweet as well
Picture was my first trip out with the trailer. I really wanted to put the R1 on it first for several reasons. R1 is a cheaper bike, I have plenty of experience tying down the R1, it's also a much lighter bike. But the wife really wanted for me to break in the trailer with the Goldwing. Since I have never tied down a Goldwing before, I was very apprehensive at first. Tied that sucker down, pushed and pulled on it....jumped up and down on it, making sure she was going to hold before I started heading down the road.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #9
ormand
Deelish!
 
ormand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,835

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000





Pretty heavy @ 670lb for a 2-bike trailer. Kendon is 400~lb and 300lb~ for the single bike. I am guessing the hyrdraulic mechanism accounts for the extra weight. Love the standard LEDs and the concept though.
__________________
ONET 1
ormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:36 PM   #10
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,142

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






That is a very nice trailer.

Ormand,

Be patient, I just picked up a two bike Kendon (2004 I think) for 1,000. I freaking love the Kendon. The one posted here is very nice, I prefer the light wieght and simplicity of the Kendon for my needs right now.

For a single bike hauler, this drop tail looks like a winner.

Staton
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #11
FKNA
Senior Member
 
FKNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,707

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing








Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
Pretty heavy @ 670lb for a 2-bike trailer. Kendon is 400~lb and 300lb~ for the single bike. I am guessing the hyrdraulic mechanism accounts for the extra weight. Love the standard LEDs and the concept though.
470 pounds for the single (the one I got). In addition to the hydraulic system, if you look at the floor of the Drop-tail compared to the Kendon, there is a lot more diamond plate on the Drop-tail. Not to mention the locking mechanism that Drop-tail uses, which probably accounts for a lot of the weight. As far as the weight goes, I'm a small guy and I have no problem moving the trailer around by myself nor standing it up by myself. It's a very well balanced trailer, which makes it easy for a one person operation.
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #12
FKNA
Senior Member
 
FKNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,707

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing








Here's two videos I had looked at prior to making a final decision on which trailer to get, Kendon versus Drop-Tail.



Kendon





Drop-Tail

FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:48 PM   #13
ormand
Deelish!
 
ormand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 8,835

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000





Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
That is a very nice trailer.

Ormand,

Be patient, I just picked up a two bike Kendon (2004 I think) for 1,000. I freaking love the Kendon. The one posted here is very nice, I prefer the light wieght and simplicity of the Kendon for my needs right now.

For a single bike hauler, this drop tail looks like a winner.

Staton
Oh trust me, I'll get a good deal one one lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
470 pounds for the single (the one I got). In addition to the hydraulic system, if you look at the floor of the Drop-tail compared to the Kendon, there is a lot more diamond plate on the Drop-tail. Not to mention the locking mechanism that Drop-tail uses, which probably accounts for a lot of the weight. As far as the weight goes, I'm a small guy and I have no problem moving the trailer around by myself nor standing it up by myself. It's a very well balanced trailer, which makes it easy for a one person operation.
Yeah it does look a lot nicer and it's nice that it's made right here in Texas


That's pretty neat that it has casters...and I assumed the hydraulics were electric but seeing that it's manual, it's pretty cool. And it has a spare tire. Cool
__________________
ONET 1
ormand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #14
FKNA
Senior Member
 
FKNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,707

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing








Quote:
Originally Posted by ormand View Post
That's pretty neat that it has casters...and I assumed the hydraulics were electric but seeing that it's manual, it's pretty cool. And it has a spare tire. Cool

I had to pay extra for the spare. Another $160
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #15
Motorman1903
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2












Drop-tail trailer made in Euless, TX?

Hello FKNA,

I am a new member here. I am also very interested in the Drop-tail as versus the Kendon. When I talked to the Drop-Tail sales guy, he did not answer my question if the trailers were made in their Euless factory. He said Drop-tail is a part of a complex structure of different companies.

Did you get an MSO for the trailer stating the country of origin? I live in TX and would love to support an in-state company.

Thanks.
Motorman1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:40 PM   #16
ThomasNinja650
SSG Coleman
 
ThomasNinja650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bryan/College Station
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,277

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650-R









Two great items you have there sir. Love the Goldwing and I can't wait to get another one.
__________________
For those looking to give back to Texas and serve those in times of need, Join the Texas State Guard.
Locate a Recruiter http://www.gotxsg.com/join.php
ThomasNinja650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #17
FKNA
Senior Member
 
FKNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,707

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 Yamaha R1
2008 Goldwing








Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman1903 View Post
Hello FKNA,

I am a new member here. I am also very interested in the Drop-tail as versus the Kendon. When I talked to the Drop-Tail sales guy, he did not answer my question if the trailers were made in their Euless factory. He said Drop-tail is a part of a complex structure of different companies.

Did you get an MSO for the trailer stating the country of origin? I live in TX and would love to support an in-state company.

Thanks.
The Certificate of Origin states Euless, TX. I didn't walk around the whole shop, but what I did see is that it's definitely assembled there. The guy I had worked with stated that the axle comes from a 3rd party vendor. And that the design and machine work is done there in Euless. I know good construction/manufacturing work when I see it. Compared to the Kendon, this one wins hands down IMHO
FKNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #18
Motorman1903
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2












Quote:
Originally Posted by FKNA View Post
The Certificate of Origin states Euless, TX. I didn't walk around the whole shop, but what I did see is that it's definitely assembled there. The guy I had worked with stated that the axle comes from a 3rd party vendor. And that the design and machine work is done there in Euless. I know good construction/manufacturing work when I see it. Compared to the Kendon, this one wins hands down IMHO
That's good info to know. Thank you.
Motorman1903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #19
Davekg
Honda Rider
 
Davekg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spring / Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,888

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 CBR









sweet trailer
__________________

Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy