MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 05:04 PM   #161
yamaR6281
i ride really slow
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: nw houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 630

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
600rr









humbleassasin sn is a perfect fit for you because you just killed cbrwayne with that post lol
yamaR6281 is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
White peoples Micheal Jackson tonyt915 Off Topic 25 09-15-2009 03:49 PM
Micheal Novelle Pics. Mr. Unassailable General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 10-10-2008 03:48 PM
Micheal Jordan... 50cc chick Off Topic 8 04-17-2007 12:36 AM
HONDA SUPER CROSS PARTY TONIGHT @ Honda of Houston Drewston Events, Meets and Rides 3 02-09-2007 09:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #162
Yillbs
Senior Member
 
Yillbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brenham
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 866

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6


Member Garage





?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaR6281 View Post
humbleassasin sn is a perfect fit for you because you just killed cbrwayne with that post lol
?
__________________
lets be CIVIL!
Yillbs is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 05:09 PM   #163
Deebo
formerly known as v.viney
 
Deebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 698

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Monster S2R 1000
1996 Suzuki Intruder 800








Quote:
Originally Posted by Fz6 View Post
so wait, is this dude black? white? mexican? or what?
Asian
Deebo is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #164
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,649

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Fz6 View Post
so wait, is this dude black? white? mexican? or what?
I don't know, but he has a black panther as a avi.
VicTOEmizer is online now  
Old 04-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #165
jb8223
Senior Member
 
jb8223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 129

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
07 cbr 600rr SOLD
01 kawasaki zx6 sold
00 yamaha vstar 650 SOLD


Member Garage





before i bought my bike i went in there to look around and never got greeted, walked around looking at the bikes for about 10 minutes and no one ever came up to me and asked if i needed help, same thing happened to a buddy of mine. i said it and went somewhere else and bought my bike.
jb8223 is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #166
yeraboof
( . v . )
 
yeraboof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 713

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'06 GSX-R 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by Fz6 View Post
so wait, is this dude black? white? mexican? or what?
Asian

EDIT: Oops... way late on that one
__________________
yeraboof is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #167
Street Ninja
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Where the Coach is staged
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 4,302

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/









User is banned

.
Street Ninja is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #168
Longdraw
Senior Member
 
Longdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cypress, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,972

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 KTM EXC 525
2007 VFR800, Interceptor
2003 Husky TE610/e-sold
2000 Husky TE410/e-sold
1998 Husky TE410-sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
im forming a support group and printing t-shirts as we speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN600 View Post
my hooters interview went the same way bro I feel your pain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.D View Post
This looks like a text message.



From a 12 year old girl raised in the projects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr F. View Post
No one's hating on you. What you call hate is just a collection of factual statements from completely neutral observers. I don't really care who you are enough to hate on you, I just know that whenever I read one of your posts it makes me want to grab the closest sharp object and ram it into my ocular cavity. Speak English fool. The little squiggly red lines under every other word in your posts are not decoration..
__________________
Terlingua Dualsport Specialist

SDRC
Longdraw is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #169
Longdraw
Senior Member
 
Longdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cypress, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,972

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 KTM EXC 525
2007 VFR800, Interceptor
2003 Husky TE610/e-sold
2000 Husky TE410/e-sold
1998 Husky TE410-sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleassassin View Post
I really was not going to reply to this one but I feel I must. For those who do not know what I do for a living I am an International Operations Manager for a service company in the Oil and Gas Industry.
I will simply state I hire and release employees as part of my job. I have not seen your resume but can say how you hold yourself here shows that you are young, immature or simply put just stupid. I am not trying to bash you, Lord knows you do enough to make yourself fit the description I stated above.
If the manager was being casual with you he might have actually liked you enough to talk that way, in most cases that was a good thing for you. Another thing if you are a customer at his shop he has seen you when you come in for parts or service etc. If you acted like you act on this forum then he should have never let you come in for a second or third time. The fact that he did means that you had something going for you. With all of this above listed you did not get the job. OK. I am sorry you did not get this job, but for you to pull a race card is pretty lame. It does not matter what color you are and I do not know I am assuming you are black. If you think it over it would be good for him to hire you SIMPLY because you are black. This would open his store to more of the black community hence forth increasing his revenue. All I can really say about this is that in my honest opinion, you are ignorant to the ways of life. I do not know if you are young or just lazy. I think that you are giving other kids, Black, White, or Mexican a bad name. I for one would like to see no more posts from you. I tire of seeing you rant and rave and call the rest of us haters.
To be honest I do not know you nor would I want to know you well enough to as you love to say Hate on you.
Will you hire me?? Pu-leeze?????
__________________
Terlingua Dualsport Specialist

SDRC
Longdraw is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 05:59 PM   #170
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,140

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






Quote:
Originally Posted by Fz6 View Post
so wait, is this dude black? white? mexican? or what?
It's already been answered, but really, the point is that "what" he is doesn't matter.

The general consensus (IMO) is that there probably wasn't discrimination, so I would offer that that question is more accurately answered with "ignorant" based on the first posts that originated from this individual.

Racism does exist in places due to those that are complete dumb-. It should be stomped out on all occasions, but claims like this that are usually not racist based, do no good to that cause.

There are a few people in this world (I can probably count on one hand) I have a strong aversion toward, they may be black, white, Asian, Mexican, Indian, whatever...it's generally because I do not like them due to their lack of ethics, sheer stupidity, or underhanded ways.

I like to think the majority of people are the same.

My world, I'll stick to that outlook.
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 06:01 PM   #171
The Black Sheepdog
Derp
 
The Black Sheepdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,688


Bike(s):
09 600RA
06 F4i
fiddy


Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to The Black Sheepdog
Exclamation

So much faggotry in this here thread.

Why so much faggotry?
































































Why?
__________________
SDRC
Still slow.
The Black Sheepdog is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #172
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,140

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






You said "faggotry" in big, bold, red, fabulous letters...

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Faggotry

__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #173
Longdraw
Senior Member
 
Longdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cypress, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,972

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 KTM EXC 525
2007 VFR800, Interceptor
2003 Husky TE610/e-sold
2000 Husky TE410/e-sold
1998 Husky TE410-sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleassassin View Post
I really was not going to reply to this one but I feel I must. For those who do not know what I do for a living I am an International Operations Manager for a service company in the Oil and Gas Industry.
I will simply state I hire and release employees as part of my job. I have not seen your resume but can say how you hold yourself here shows that you are young, immature or simply put just stupid. I am not trying to bash you, Lord knows you do enough to make yourself fit the description I stated above.
If the manager was being casual with you he might have actually liked you enough to talk that way, in most cases that was a good thing for you. Another thing if you are a customer at his shop he has seen you when you come in for parts or service etc. If you acted like you act on this forum then he should have never let you come in for a second or third time. The fact that he did means that you had something going for you. With all of this above listed you did not get the job. OK. I am sorry you did not get this job, but for you to pull a race card is pretty lame. It does not matter what color you are and I do not know I am assuming you are black. If you think it over it would be good for him to hire you SIMPLY because you are black. This would open his store to more of the black community hence forth increasing his revenue. All I can really say about this is that in my honest opinion, you are ignorant to the ways of life. I do not know if you are young or just lazy. I think that you are giving other kids, Black, White, or Mexican a bad name. I for one would like to see no more posts from you. I tire of seeing you rant and rave and call the rest of us haters.
To be honest I do not know you nor would I want to know you well enough to as you love to say Hate on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrwayne View Post
Everyone this is the honest TRUTH about Micheal Blair. He is the sales manager FOR Honda of Houston 290 and west rd, he is a Discriminator , he only hires employees that are white and females for there ''looks'' its all politics at working at this location, compared to MOST employees at Honda of Houston i am a extremly enthusiastic when it comes to Honda motorcycle and and highly knowledgeable to the technology and products of Honda . I have stated to him that as regular customer here im a good refural to his Business, ...further more as an employee here i would be a great Candidate, also every time i step foot in door greeted or get the attion i need .
This man really showed his true colors in my interview with him. I already have been working on a more professional letter to American HONDA motor CO Inc.
Wayne,

I don't know Michael all that well but I have dealt with him. I first started to send emails asking him about my Honda VFR. I was looking and interested. I knew he was busy but he did reply to me in a timely manner. He sold me my VFR and he was great to deal with. I sat there waiting for all the paperwork and he sat with me and we chatted for just a few. He had one of his associates deal with me. He seems to me an alright guy from my perspective. everything I go there they ask me how I like my Viffer. Like I said, I don't know him all that well but he doesn't seem to be an .
What you could have done is maybe ask for some constructive criticism because he does have hispanics working for him or he did last time I was there. Then again if you asked for that this thread would would end up like your "knee dragging" thread. So. Take all this in. Take a deep breath and count to 10. Do not be so quick to be judgmental. Maybe you acted like a total douche? We weren't there so we don't know all the details.

Just remember Wayne. You are a good kid and have a lot to learn. We love you here and will always help you if you need it. Just remeber that. So when you vent the way you do just take it in and don't get so offended when some of the guys here offer up their experiences, advice & comments. They are honest and just telling you how it is. Always think before comming on and just bashing someone because it's only one side of the story.
__________________
Terlingua Dualsport Specialist

SDRC
Longdraw is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #174
Longdraw
Senior Member
 
Longdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cypress, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,972

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 KTM EXC 525
2007 VFR800, Interceptor
2003 Husky TE610/e-sold
2000 Husky TE410/e-sold
1998 Husky TE410-sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
You said "faggotry" in big, bold, red, fabulous letters...

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Faggotry

Ok the picture of the guy with a unicorn is just really disturbing.
We need to get NewRider's perspective on this. For the thread I mean not the picture.
__________________
Terlingua Dualsport Specialist

SDRC
Longdraw is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #175
Scubasteve
I-Doctor
 
Scubasteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 130

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
08 cbr1000rr
84 nighthawk 700s - not running - For Sale





Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Ninja View Post
Has anyone contacted HOH to get their side of the story?
I did...


Mike said that it was his second interview. The kid seemed to think that he was already hired.... (first mistake, but forgivable)

At the end of the first interview, Mike had told him to think of a few questions for the second interview.

In the second interview, when Mike asked him what his questions were, he said that he forgot to think of some, and asked if he could think of some right then (ok to do, but don't say it out loud). Mike told him no, and he continues asking again if he can think of some questions. (WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!) As far as the girl that Wayne is talking about, she does ride (a 600 somethin, he told me, but I forgot), and was personable..

Mike basically told me that the reason that he didn't get the job is because he didn't follow directions, didn't come to the second interview prepared, and wouldn't listen to him.



This kid sounds like an idiot who wouldn't last in sales for very long anyway.


That is the gist of the conversation anyway. I'm sure I missed something.
__________________
Scubasteve is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #176
Yillbs
Senior Member
 
Yillbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brenham
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 866

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6


Member Garage





aisan isn't a race.. it's an ethnicity. just sayin people who pull race cards are racist. HAR HAR HAR
__________________
lets be CIVIL!
Yillbs is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #177
Scubasteve
I-Doctor
 
Scubasteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 130

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
08 cbr1000rr
84 nighthawk 700s - not running - For Sale





Quote:
Originally Posted by Fz6 View Post
aisan isn't a race.. it's an ethnicity. just sayin people who pull race cards are racist. HAR HAR HAR
+1
__________________
Scubasteve is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #178
Longdraw
Senior Member
 
Longdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cypress, Tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 3,972

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2007 KTM EXC 525
2007 VFR800, Interceptor
2003 Husky TE610/e-sold
2000 Husky TE410/e-sold
1998 Husky TE410-sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubasteve View Post
I did...


Mike said that it was his second interview. The kid seemed to think that he was already hired.... (first mistake, but forgivable)

At the end of the first interview, Mike had told him to think of a few questions for the second interview.

In the second interview, when Mike asked him what his questions were, he said that he forgot to think of some, and asked if he could think of some right then (ok to do, but don't say it out loud). Mike told him no, and he continues asking again if he can think of some questions. (WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!) As far as the girl that Wayne is talking about, she does ride (a 600 somethin, he told me, but I forgot), and was personable..

Mike basically told me that the reason that he didn't get the job is because he didn't follow directions, didn't come to the second interview prepared, and wouldn't listen to him.



This kid sounds like an idiot who wouldn't last in sales for very long anyway.


That is the gist of the conversation anyway. I'm sure I missed something.
See? I knew there was somehting missing. Next time I see Wayne I am gonna slap the outta him though it will be done out of love...
__________________
Terlingua Dualsport Specialist

SDRC
Longdraw is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #179
yeraboof
( . v . )
 
yeraboof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SE
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 713

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'06 GSX-R 600









Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubasteve View Post
I did...


Mike said that it was his second interview. The kid seemed to think that he was already hired.... (first mistake, but forgivable)

At the end of the first interview, Mike had told him to think of a few questions for the second interview.

In the second interview, when Mike asked him what his questions were, he said that he forgot to think of some, and asked if he could think of some right then (ok to do, but don't say it out loud). Mike told him no, and he continues asking again if he can think of some questions. (WHO DOES THAT?!?!?!) As far as the girl that Wayne is talking about, she does ride (a 600 somethin, he told me, but I forgot), and was personable..

Mike basically told me that the reason that he didn't get the job is because he didn't follow directions, didn't come to the second interview prepared, and wouldn't listen to him.



This kid sounds like an idiot who wouldn't last in sales for very long anyway.


That is the gist of the conversation anyway. I'm sure I missed something.
That sounds a whole lot more realistic than the whole sexism/racism/ethnicitism/haterism thing.

But, lol @ him asking to make up some questions. Twice.
__________________
yeraboof is offline  
Old 04-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #180
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,098

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Wasn't the OP trying to sell cars only a few weeks ago? Same guy who thinks the jobs he can't get hired on with, turn him down for scars on his arms?
bluewave18 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy