MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #101
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrwayne View Post
This is about principle. I'm not doing this because I want this position anymore. Far from it. If you can't relate to my experience, then I guess you were never born to.
All struggles no matter in what degree, ultimately leads to greater success down the road. This experience will better me as a person. But for those who actively choose to discriminate and hate, you will have your day. It's called KARMA.
lol, are you directing that towards all the people who aren't siding with you in this thread?

IMHO, you don't need to be so quick to pull the discrimination card. A bit un-necessary don't you think? What if you got turned down at McDonalds the same way, are you still gonna pull that card? I bet you would.

At least you recognize that you can learn something from this. But let me fill you in on a little secret. Whining because the other kids didn't play nice won't get you anywhere or achieve anything. Think about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
White peoples Micheal Jackson tonyt915 Off Topic 25 09-15-2009 03:49 PM
Micheal Novelle Pics. Mr. Unassailable General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 10-10-2008 03:48 PM
Micheal Jordan... 50cc chick Off Topic 8 04-17-2007 12:36 AM
HONDA SUPER CROSS PARTY TONIGHT @ Honda of Houston Drewston Events, Meets and Rides 3 02-09-2007 09:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #102
GQ*
Destiny's daddy!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja 250r (sold)
2005 Suzuki SV650s (totaled)
2007 ZX6r (sold)

Member Garage

BTW I can count myself among those that have been discriminated against and I can't blindly jump on board w/your rant either. I need supporting facts, not supporting opinions.

And the comment about the girl off the street b/c of her looks doesn't prove anything about why you didn't get a job b/c you're not an ugly chick who lost out on a job to a woman on the street....right?
Old 04-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #103
Scubasteve
I-Doctor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
08 cbr1000rr
84 nighthawk 700s - not running - For Sale

I hate to tell ya dude, but a position in motorcycle sales isn't totally about your "knowledge" about technology and new news coming from the manufacturer. It is all about reading the customer and giving them the information that they NEED to make their decision.

I used to work at this dealer when mike was just a salesman. , he met his wife in my garage. He was a great salesman, and would spend hours with ONE customer just because they had questions. Michael is a stand up guy and a workaholic. He does however do the work of about 3 people there. If he isn't in his office, he is running around handling inventory or assembling bikes for paying customers.

If you didn't get the job, that sucks for you, but that doesn't give you the right to slander another person. (unless that person literally said "I will not hire you because you aren't white or a hot chick").

That dealership gets applications every day and yours was filed in the round cabinet. Don't get upset, just move on.

On a side note, I would say you probably didn't try hard enough to sell yourself.... That is what the interview process is for.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #104
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

The guy was probably talking non work to get a feel for your personality. It's what I would do. You failed and good looks won. Get over it! It's sad that you had so much hope invested in the Honda job. Work on your interview skills and keep trying. That business is not about knowing the product. It's all about dealing with people.

Last edited by bluewave18; 04-08-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #105
GQ*
Destiny's daddy!

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja 250r (sold)
2005 Suzuki SV650s (totaled)
2007 ZX6r (sold)

Member Garage

@ scuba
Old 04-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #106
Lokati
Not-a-squid

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
----------------------
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage

yo Dawg this is jess anudda eggsample o the whit men keepin me down yo
Old 04-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #107
cbrwayne

Bike(s):
07 CBR600rr
08 CBR600rr

Listen I know I'm not the most perfect at interviews. Admittedly I have alot to work on. With great humility and courage I stumble forward and never give up. This is the greatest part of being alive. To pursue a dream and move forward. hey one thing you can't say about me is atleast I want to work. I want to be a productive citizen. Not some loser who may or may not be in any better position who feels a need to critique someone struggling with this. Truth is I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't felt like there was something wrong in this entire experience. Again the guy didn't have to hire me. But for him to act unprofessional and represent HONDA in a way short of my entire life's expectation of this wonderful brand and legacy company makes me feel so ashamed. I just feel in my most honest and humble opinion that he could have handled it differently. No need to rub it in my face that a girl was hired because he thought she was "hot" and then brag that "oh by the way she has no motorcycle sales experience and NO active knoweledge of anything about the product of which he himself was hired to sell. Honda Motorcycle. It was Bush League! Tacky!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #108
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Quote:
This is about principle. I'm not doing this because I want this position anymore. Far from it. If you can't relate to my experience, then I guess you were never born to.
All struggles no matter in what degree, ultimately leads to greater success down the road. This experience will better me as a person. But for those who actively choose to discriminate and hate, you will have your day. It's called KARMA.
Times have changed and landing the job you want is getting harder and harder theses days, my advice is to always stay positive and update your skills whenever possible because when one door closes another one opens, all it takes is the combination of timing and the right skills to take advantage of new opportunities out there. Good luck on your job search!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #109
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Listen I know I'm not the most perfect at interviews. Admittedly I have alot to work on. With great humility and courage I stumble forward and never give up. This is the greatest part of being alive. To pursue a dream and move forward. hey one thing you can't say about me is atleast I want to work. I want to be a productive citizen. Not some loser who may or may not be in any better position who feels a need to critique someone struggling with this. Truth is I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't felt like there was something wrong in this entire experience. Again the guy didn't have to hire me. But for him to act unprofessional and represent HONDA in a way short of my entire life's expectation of this wonderful brand and legacy company makes me feel so ashamed. I just feel in my most honest and humble opinion that he could have handled it differently. No need to rub it in my face that a girl was hired because he thought she was "hot" and then brag that "oh by the way she has no motorcycle sales experience and NO active knoweledge of anything about the product of which he himself was hired to sell. Honda Motorcycle. It was Bush League! Tacky!
LOL. You have issues dude.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #110
Scubasteve
I-Doctor

Bike(s):
08 cbr1000rr

Oh and the prompt greeting... Well that has been a problem for a long time and got worse since they had do drop the receptionist position due to budget cuts.

The people who greet you are salesmen.... Admittedly, not necessarily the best of the best, but no need to blast a hiring manager because a salesman didn't greet you in the amount of time you though was appropriate.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:00 PM   #111
seratt

Bike(s):
88' Super Magna

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubasteve View Post
Oh and the prompt greeting... Well that has been a problem for a long time and got worse since they had do drop the receptionist position due to budget cuts.

The people who greet you are salesmen.... Admittedly, not necessarily the best of the best, but no need to blast a hiring manager because a salesman didn't greet you in the amount of time you though was appropriate.
I hate greeters, personally. Just wanna go into a shop and be left the alone until I ask for someone. lol
Old 04-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #112
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by seratt View Post
I hate greeters, personally.
hater
Old 04-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #113
scheinertr9
Get a - job Al

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'09 Interceptor

Old 04-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #114
Scubasteve
I-Doctor

Bike(s):
08 cbr1000rr

Let me put it to ya this way... Some of the best motorcycle sales people start by not knowing a thing about them.

Fresh mold... Maybe you acted like a know-it-all. I dunno. Maybe you were too cocky... Look at your own interview process and ask yourself what happened, without saying that you were never given a chance. That is such a small minded thing to do, and one you will never improve yourself from.

I do applaud you for wanting to work. And working for a motorcycle dealer is fun. Best of luck to ya.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #115
CodyGP

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

Quote:
I hate greeters, personally. Just wanna go into a shop and be left the alone until I ask for someone. lol
Old 04-08-2011, 01:04 PM   #116
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyGP View Post
It's a sales position. That's just good business.
YEAH BUT he should not tell another applicant that
Old 04-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #117
x-ray
CMRA #228

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Super Adventure
2007 SV650S (My track toy)
07 CRF230F
2006 VFR800a (sold - covered a lot of miles)
04 Honda 599 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by typehxr1 View Post
How are you liking the Kendon trailer? Last I checked they were running $2k new for a single bike. I have found some used online for $1200 but am trigger-shy at the moment.
Quick thread hi-jack. LOL. I'm liking it. I've only used it twice so far, pulling it about 100 miles but I think we're going to have some good times together. Mine is the dual-rail and have only carried 2 sub-500 pound bikes on it so far to a track day, but I'll eventually put a 600 pound VFR and 700+ pound ST1300 on it for family trips. It pulled great behind my Avalanche. Bonus tip: Get the extra wheeled jack. Makes it easy to roll the trailer around with bikes loaded on it.
07 Suzuki SV650s - CMRA #228
Old 04-08-2011, 01:05 PM   #118
Scubasteve
I-Doctor

Bike(s):
08 cbr1000rr

Quote:
I feel the same way usually too, but a receptionist is nice and I'm disappointed that they or rid of the position because it was nice being able to go up front and ask for help.
(also because my cousin was laid off)
Old 04-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #119
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr F. View Post
No one's hating on you. What you call hate is just a collection of factual statements from completely neutral observers. I don't really care who you are enough to hate on you, I just know that whenever I read one of your posts it makes me want to grab the closest sharp object and ram it into my ocular cavity. Speak English fool. The little squiggly red lines under every other word in your posts are not decoration..
I know I'm late on this, but

Extras beer and fajitas for you next time you stop by.
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Old 04-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #120
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy42083 View Post
While true... I know a TON of people who use pretty woman comments as common ground conversation. And, if she meets the needs of the position, then it'll work. If not, she'll get replaced... or he shot himself in the foot.

Oh, and the two sales people I talked to were men. One was AJ, who came close to selling me a NICE '09 650r. Anyone who's looking should try there... it was just last week.
SHhhh.... you dont tell other applicants that. Thats all im saying
Closed Thread

Advertisement