Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #61
randomwalk101

Feedback Rating: (1)

anyone has a pic of CBRWayne? LOL...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
White peoples Micheal Jackson tonyt915 Off Topic 25 09-15-2009 03:49 PM
Micheal Novelle Pics. Mr. Unassailable General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 10-10-2008 03:48 PM
Micheal Jordan... 50cc chick Off Topic 8 04-17-2007 12:36 AM
HONDA SUPER CROSS PARTY TONIGHT @ Honda of Houston Drewston Events, Meets and Rides 3 02-09-2007 09:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #62
Deebo
formerly known as v.viney

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati Monster S2R 1000
1996 Suzuki Intruder 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr F. View Post
No one's hating on you. What you call hate is just a collection of factual statements from completely neutral observers. I don't really care who you are enough to hate on you, I just know that whenever I read one of your posts it makes me want to grab the closest sharp object and ram it into my ocular cavity. Speak English fool. The little squiggly red lines under every other word in your posts are not decoration..
EPIC!!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #63
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage

lmao at thiz thred......winn winn helz yeah

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
Old 04-08-2011, 11:15 AM   #64
Street Ninja
Banned

Bike(s):
\_(ツ)_/

User is banned

Old 04-08-2011, 11:18 AM   #65
Higham
Shh! Ur Boring Everyone!

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST675 View Post
super
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomwalk101 View Post
anyone has a pic of CBRWayne? LOL...
I thought this was him?
Old 04-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #66
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Trackdays: 1

Only read first page, not sure if someone else stated the same...

I wouldn't hire someone who previously didn't get hired, then blasted the company about it online.

"I would love to work for your company, cuz I'm proffesional!"

"Ooooooohhhh gaaawd you SUCK, cause I didn't get it!"

Now I see why companies check out facebook/myspace/twatter, n .
Old 04-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #67
seratt

Bike(s):
88' Super Magna

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrwayne View Post
I already have been working on a more professional letter to American HONDA motor CO Inc.
Post this please.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #68
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by seratt View Post
Post this please.
oh yes!

Khaki shirt.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #69
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seratt View Post
Post this please.
Would love to see that!

Please......please!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #70
sunday_rider

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

Sorry to hear about your job situation, when we were a small company we didnt have a HR dept. so i had to conduct the interviews myself, in my years of doing this i have encountered a few people in the same situation as you are right now, usually the problem is not "YOU".... the problem is other candidates trying to get the same job you applied for.

So far 4 people have called me after they found out that the position was given to another person instead of them and i gladly asked them to come and discuss the details of my selection process.

Most of the time, i pull out their resume and the other candidate's resume side by side and ask him to read it and use a green pen to check whenever he saw a "skill" or "experience" that was not on his resume. Most people go through the 4th or 5th checkpoints and give up. You see in our minds we are always doing the best that we can do but the truth is that they are many more capable people than we are and more suited for a certain position than we think we are, there is nothing about race, age or discrimination when it comes to hiring, most companies are looking for productive people who can be integrated into the company without having to invest too much time in training that potential candidate, in oder words..... the most skills & experience you have that is directly related to the position you are applying for, the better the chances you have of possible getting hired.

If you still think that their decision was mainly based on the color of your skin, then ask to speak to the HR manager and kindly ask him/her if you can see the resume of the guy that got the position you wanted, i am sure you will understand their decision after this process.

I know the economy sucks right now and job hunt and interviews are frustrating but maybe it's time to pick up some new skills that you dont have during this time in order to make your resume stand out from the pile of other resumes laying around.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #71
wesleh

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
08 R6

Yea it really does look like you got hurt, but it's just a job. There are other jobs out there. Good luck!

and here we go again! Or do yourself a favor and just lock this thread!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #72
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

500th post here!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #73
yeraboof
( . v . )

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'06 GSX-R 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
Sorry to hear about your job situation, when we were a small company we didn't have a HR dept. so i had to conduct the interviews myself, in my years of doing this i have encountered a few people in the same situation as you are right now, usually the problem is not "YOU".... the problem is other candidates trying to get the same job you applied for.

So far 4 people have called me after they found out that the position was given to another person instead of them and i gladly asked them to come and discuss the details of my selection process.

Most of the time, i pull out their resume and the other candidate's resume side by side and ask him to read it and use a green pen to check whenever he saw a "skill" or "experience" that was not on his resume. Most people go through the 4th or 5th checkpoints and give up. You see in our minds we are always doing the best that we can do but the truth is that they are many more capable people than we are and more suited for a certain position than we think we are, there is nothing about race, age or discrimination when it comes to hiring, most companies are looking for productive people who can be integrated into the company without having to invest too much time in training that potential candidate, in other words..... the most skills & experience you have that is directly related to the position you are applying for, the better the chances you have of possible getting hired.

If you still think that their decision was mainly based on the color of your skin, then ask to speak to the HR manager and kindly ask him/her if you can see the resume of the guy that got the position you wanted, i am sure you will understand their decision after this process.

I know the economy sucks right now and job hunt and interviews are frustrating but maybe it's time to pick up some new skills that you don't have during this time in order to make your resume stand out from the pile of other resumes laying around.
That is a very professional response. I like that!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #74
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeraboof View Post
That is a very professional response. I like that!
thanks you Sir
Old 04-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #75
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeraboof View Post
How did they discriminate? They don't like knee-draggers, or what?

Also, if your application was anything like your post, then I'm surprised that you even had an interview...

Seriously though, what happened? You didn't actually tell us anything. Except that you didn't get a job that you wanted.
Dont hate... Appreciate
Old 04-08-2011, 11:49 AM   #76
sunday_rider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadFred View Post
Dont hate... Appreciate
^^this guy^^
Old 04-08-2011, 11:53 AM   #77
cbrwayne

Bike(s):
07 CBR600rr
08 CBR600rr

Last I checked this is just a "Blog". What's up up with all these "wanna be" grammer school teachers?! Get on a Kindergarden level forum and critique each other until your blue in the face if you "haters" got nothing better to do.

On a serious note: This issue is serious to me. And for those of you who can't relate, good for you. Maybe oneday when you become discriminated against you will take to a more sympathetic point of view. Until then life must be just green for you at the moment. Well that's great, but don't hate! Remember life is cyclical.

The facts of why I am so adamant on this. First of all, I get it. I understand that any employer has the right to choose hire or not hire whoever whom he feels is right and fit for a job. I'm not on here because I'm bitter that I didn't get hired for the record. Only because I feel I never got an honest decent fair shot.

Here's my true story: Like all of you, I really love HONDA. I mean I literally do. Yeah you could call me crazy obsessed whatever. It's my passion. Since I was a kid I dreamed of oneday working for Honda. so I took this Job opputunity and interview very seriously. I always imagined Honda environment to be as honorable as the brand and legacy itself. I was shock to find otherwise.

Here's what happened.

On my 2nd and 3rd interview, I arrive at 9:45am each time. And patiently wait for my interview which is at 10:00am. The manager then nonchalantly arrives 30 to 45 minutes late to interview. To me it shows a lack of professionalism. These are my impressions, but okay overlook this and carry forward. I expect what happens next to be an experience to embrace. Example I wanted to learn more about the company etc. What I see and hear is quite opposite. He (the manager) talks irrevellant off subject comments the whole time. I was so disappointed. I mean I looked up to this place. He was so blunt when he said he had hired this girl off the street because of her "looks". I was shocked! How unprofessional! I know it's not illegal to hire whoever he wants but come on! I'm here for an interview. Please be respectable. Then he does't want to hear what I can bring to this business. My assets, my valuable endless knoweledge and never ending constant study into the latest news and technology coming from Japan's Honda home.

Yes I know I'm young. I lack experience. the truth is he didn't have to hire me. But come on, I never even was given a fair chance from the word GO!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #78
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrwayne View Post
Last I checked this is just a "Blog". What's up up with all these "wanna be" grammer school teachers?! Get on a Kindergarden level forum and critique each other until your blue in the face if you "haters" got nothing better to do.

On a serious note: This issue is serious to me. And for those of you who can't relate, good for you. Maybe oneday when you become discriminated against you will take to a more sympathetic point of view. Until then life must be just green for you at the moment. Well that's great, but don't hate! Remember life is cyclical.

The facts of why I am so adamant on this. First of all, I get it. I understand that any employer has the right to choose hire or not hire whoever whom he feels is right and fit for a job. I'm not on here because I'm bitter that I didn't get hired for the record. Only because I feel I never got an honest decent fair shot.

Here's my true story: Like all of you, I really love HONDA. I mean I literally do. Yeah you could call me crazy obsessed whatever. It's my passion. Since I was a kid I dreamed of oneday working for Honda. so I took this Job opputunity and interview very seriously. I always imagined Honda environment to be as honorable as the brand and legacy itself. I was shock to find otherwise.

Here's what happened.

On my 2nd and 3rd interview, I arrive at 9:45am each time. And patiently wait for my interview which is at 10:00am. The manager then nonchalantly arrives 30 to 45 minutes late to interview. To me it shows a lack of professionalism. These are my impressions, but okay overlook this and carry forward. I expect what happens next to be an experience to embrace. Example I wanted to learn more about the company etc. What I see and hear is quite opposite. He (the manager) talks irrevellant off subject comments the whole time. I was so disappointed. I mean I looked up to this place. He was so blunt when he said he had hired this girl off the street because of her "looks". I was shocked! How unprofessional! I know it's not illegal to hire whoever he wants but come on! I'm here for an interview. Please be respectable. Then he does't want to hear what I can bring to this business. My assets, my valuable endless knoweledge and never ending constant study into the latest news and technology coming from Japan's Honda home.

Yes I know I'm young. I lack experience. the truth is he didn't have to hire me. But come on, I never even was given a fair chance from the word GO!
Welcome to the real world, sunshine. Hiring managers almost always show up late. Why? Because they can...and they wanna see if you stick it out or leave. So if you stayed, you passed the 1st test. The rest of it, well, I don't know but you up somewhere lol
Old 04-08-2011, 12:00 PM   #79
seratt

Bike(s):
88' Super Magna

Member Garage

I don't think you have a case. Just suck it up and move on.

Also, I'm pretty sure everyone here has been discriminated against in one form or another.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #80
Colonel
Big Blu

Bike(s):
BMW s1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
im forming a support group and printing t-shirts as we speak.
!!!!!!

Advertisement