MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 03:58 PM   #41
r6gal
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
04 Yamaha r6

Member Garage

User is banned

r6gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wednesday Nights fromdatnawf Events, Meets and Rides 10 03-20-2013 04:50 PM
wednesday nights realtalk Performance and Modifications 3 10-11-2011 07:34 AM
Wednesday nights miguel!! Stunters Lounge 11 12-03-2009 09:16 PM
Wednesday nights? c0z Events, Meets and Rides 0 03-09-2008 07:08 PM
what's NEXT wednesday nights?!! illicit_records Events, Meets and Rides 14 08-08-2006 03:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #42
wesleh

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandbarmark View Post
Inner Loop won't be at Deck House next week. We are going to rotate that venue a bit.

However, I was speaking to the owner today. They did good business on Thursday and we are more than welcome to come back again.

Thinking we might land at a spot on Washington this week. Stay tuned!
Washington is the new and up coming spot with nothing but like clubs and bars? I'm down for that for sure if so!
wesleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:40 PM   #43
Deadfred
Drop Dead or Die Trying

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Ducati EVO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCBR1000rr View Post
why dont someone set a big meet in the north side by spring, and the woodland area
Big meets require a central location... I hate the drive to the woodlands from the south side...

Nothing But straights...
Deadfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #44
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Because I can't make Thursday night meets, that's why. Sunday nights through Wednesday nights are good for me.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #45
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Jones View Post
Who's down 2 start up the North side with a meet this week???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Jones View Post
Where is this HAK???
Quote:
Originally Posted by v.viney View Post
humble atascosita conroe with a k?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horn09 View Post
Kingwood
HAK = Humble Atascocita Kingwood. Though the meets are generally close to deerbrook mall.

SWC = Spring Woodlands Conroe. Meets are generally in the woodlands area.

I placed the meet at stats just for a change of pace and because it was a clean new bar. Also to get people from tomball involved since they usually just drove to the katy meets instead. and it is not like it was a super long drive for me even though i live in the back of spring.

But I will set up a tuesday night meet for the spring folk. Just if I do, yall better come.. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadFred View Post
Big meets require a central location... I hate the drive to the woodlands from the south side...

Nothing But straights...
And I dont blame you, the furthest I will drive is the wednesday katy meet. further than that, screw that. obviously I dont mind the occasional central meet, but no way in would I do that regularly.

Last edited by Perf_White_GT; 04-08-2011 at 05:50 PM.
Perf_White_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:32 PM   #46
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.viney View Post
If we want to meet on Tuesday nights. I grill at winetopia. That is the only night we have food. Ill make some burgers for for $5 hot off a charcoal grill or a Couple of Bratwurts, or Mediteranian Chicken Kabobs. We can have drink specials on the wine and beer for MotoHouston members. The location is San Felipe and Winrock. 1 block east of Voss. I dont mind volunteering to put the meet together and the specials at the bar. I just need a rough headcount so I can make sure I buy enough meat.
This sounds like a good idea, but you have to factor parking and how cheap prices are...

Also, at times, the "roll call" or list is good indication to know who is comingbut it's been my experience that a lot of people end up not showing(even though they had intensions on going) or more people that didn't sign up...sometimes it's hard to gauge...

Like for the "all sides meet" about 80-90 people signed up and someone said they counted about 167...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
SE was weds nights from about 2007 on up until the SE died out a year or two ago.....and then I revived it. We DID have a stint of Tuesday nights which I liked ok but the participation is better on weds...

I am trying to keep our meets consistant, it breaks up the middle of the week. But I agree that having a meet on tues or thurs is also a good idea so there is always something going on if someone can't make one of the other nights...

That being said, I am keeping the SE meets on Weds for consistancy....we are getting bigger and bigger turn outs each week....... Even our contribution to the All Side meet was about 20 bikes from the SE riding out as a group to JCI...that was pretty good size for one group, especially as far as we had to go on a weds night.
You represented! THANK YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadFred View Post

Nothing But straights...
Central is a Must! For a big meet, this is why pp1 is so popular...but I'm trying to change that for at least 1 Wednesday a month.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 09:34 PM   #47
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:42 AM   #48
Hung
Yes that's my name.

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R6
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
2002 Suzuki SV650N
2005 Honda CBR 600RR (Stolen, Recovered)
2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold)

Sunday_rider sets up the SW sides on wed but its always tough for me to make because I usually get free about 8:15 on Wednesdays. For Tues/Thurs I'd be free a lot sooner and could better make a meet. I do like how everyone sometimes makes it to PP1 at the least on WED though.
Hung is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement