MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2006, 10:31 PM   #61
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
What's the MSRP? Did I miss it?
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carb issues- Ninja250 ZX-Dominance General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 01-05-2013 04:17 PM
craigslist find ninja250 TREE Off Topic 7 01-29-2009 07:35 PM
well priced '08 ninja250 RACER X New Riders and MSF Course Info 5 10-31-2008 07:03 AM
Jango learned how to 12'o clock a ninja250! Vandals General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 11-06-2006 12:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2006, 10:53 PM   #62
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24
hehe, jet, i was about to ask if owned stock in these things, i guess ^ that answers that.

just as a test i looked up motorcycles in the yellowpages, plenty of sources for the big 4, probably more than places around here than you can visit in a day. not one for hyosong. and this is houston. imagine going to "big dave's bike shop" in any small town, and asking for hyosong parts. good luck. they are likely to tell you something like "we dont sell vacuums here, sorry..."

more power to you and your shop for carrying hyosong though, ive always felt that competition inspires better product, prices and services. im hoping the big 4 will notice the missing business and up the ante.

my $0.02
Haha Chris, it's all good bro. I just get defensive when people start badmouthing with UNFOUNDED claims. I'm not a big fan of Hyosung, but I'm also not a big fan of Harley either You have a good point in stating that parts availabilty may be a problem in another area.(too bad many people do not sonsider such things before buying their bikes) For the record, Hyosung Motorcycles have only been in Texas for a few months now. Give them time, and you will see more. Also, for the record, I don't have stock in Hyosung, nor am i a salesman. I'm just the lone soldier fighting the war against unfounded rhetoric and bs. I have agreed with most of the VALID negative points about these bikes, and you just presented a few more VALID points one should consider before purchasing a motorcycle. I hope you don't take offense to anything i say, I don't mean to come across like that. I believe that sharing knowledge makes us all better riders/consumers, and that can only help the good of our motorcycling community.
Until we get to meet in person, keep it safe out there, and keep on learning about every bike you possibly can. Good, knowledgeable parts guys are hard to find these days. You sound like your headed down the right path. JET
Old 09-20-2006, 04:52 AM   #63
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Denee, I remember back when I started riding dirtbikes and mom was so afraid cause I would ride my friends dirtbikes. she didnt know I had bought my friends yz80 for 500 bux. I would keep it at his house and pick it up every day and go trail riding. Then we moved up to rm125,250's and were racing and jumping bayous. We would get lost in the trails of N. Houston all day!
Mom finally got over it. Oh those were the days..*sigh*
Thanks for helping me to remember its all about loving to ride these machines, not who has the biggest baddest fastest machine. 25yrs ago seems like yesterday, today.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 04:53 AM   #64
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Sorry to get off topic.^^ Those motorcycles seem like they will be fine for beginers and someone looking to bang around for less dollars.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:49 AM   #65
Denee
Leather n lace

Bike(s):
TL1000r(race), '06 GSXR600

Send a message via AIM to Denee
Jrock, I know many people may feel the same, but don't express it. It's pretty much about making memories. I have so many stories to tell, that when I get with someone and start talking bikes, I can't shutup!! lol I just get excited!!
I guess what's sad in a way, is someone having to hide the fact that he/she is doing something fun! not drugs! I met a guy at a shop yesterday, and after talking to him, he said he wish he had a mom like me! Made me feel pretty darned good! When I had moved to Beaumont, I bought a GSXR600, crashed it, broke my ankle, and the way Mom found out~ I called her from the hospital!! lol She was mad at first, but she knows my love for bikes and knows Im a good rider!

OK, back to this 250cc bike again. I"m going to post what the guy on Ebay said about his Hyosong if I can copy it ok. I am interested in looking at this bike Jet, so I'll be getting in touch with you. I"m in for trying new things, and I"m not going to let the part issue bother me too much. Again, I don't ride very often, and my daughters could ride this bike solo I"m pretty sure. I think they're should be a good looking bike like this in the 250 range! I don't need 600cc's on our street to have fun! Yamaha once had a 400, and Honda had a 250cc 4cylinder sportbike! I bet that was an awesome bike!
Jet, PM sent.
denee'
Denee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 08:52 AM   #66
Denee
Leather n lace

Bike(s):
TL1000r(race), '06 GSXR600

Send a message via AIM to Denee
Below is the paragraph from a person selling Hyosong. He was kind of enough to write the folllowing:

Hello Denee,
As far as parts goes, it really depends if you have a Taiwanese brand or a mainland China brand. We only carry manufacturer-backed Taiwan and Korean bikes and that normally means a steady parts supply. All these major brand bike folks have to do is start waving their arms and yelling about -No parts-, and everybody listens. The way it works with this market is simple, and applies to what I call -container bikes-. You and I want to brand our own bikes, let's call them Denees Dragons, the hottest brand in the US. We would arrange to meet a Chinese -Agent- who would have arranged a tour of a half dozen factories. Each factory would show us pictures of different models that they could customize with specific stickers or body pieces. Most would be under 300cc. We would then defer to your artistic sense and have you select the styles of body parts and color schemes. Okay, show them the money and wait for your four containers of forty bikes each (160) to arrive. You get 2-5% parts allowance thrown in with the deal, but if you need any other parts, you will pay a premium. After those parts are bought by customers who have issues, you call to order more. Guess what? They have changed the plugs on the regulator since you last ordered and the carbs are no longer the same. But if you buy four more containers of the next model, they will scrounge parts from a sister company who still makes the same model with the same parts. Oh yeah, don't bother finding out who the sister company is, it doesn?t exist, or they won?t talk with you unless you want to place an order. These are the tricks of the Chinese bike market. The truth is most Japanese bikes contain a high percentage of Taiwan and Korea content. Some Yamahas and Hondas are assembled in Taiwan and shipped directly to the US. KYMCO and Hyosung are both backed with factories, they are not -container bikes-. Thanks for your interest.
Respond to this question

I don't know how to interpret this, but you can re-tell me what he actually means please. I appreciate him taking the time to explain.
denee'
Denee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:01 AM   #67
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave
wow that looks 100 times better than the GSF500 they had at the dealer... I guess it was an older one.
I went to a hyosung dealer their stuff is so cheap looking... exposed screw heads on the back of the tail section,
go back to the dealer and try to figure out why that screw is in the tail
You may learn something else about the Hyosungs. . .
Old 09-20-2006, 10:05 AM   #68
mammothmc

It wasn't that long ago that the japanese bikes were the cheap imports with poor parts availability. I know most on here aren't old enough to remember, but back in the day everybody rode Husky's, bultaco's, triumphs etc...... The 4 brands came in & slowly made a name for themselves 1st by having cool products at lower prices & 2nd by increasing quality as sales went up. Now that prices are through the roof on the big 4, its time for the cycle to start all over.
mammothmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:08 AM   #69
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
^^^^^ THAT SOUNDS SMART...
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:50 AM   #70
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothmc
It wasn't that long ago that the japanese bikes were the cheap imports with poor parts availability. I know most on here aren't old enough to remember, but back in the day everybody rode Husky's, bultaco's, triumphs etc...... The 4 brands came in & slowly made a name for themselves 1st by having cool products at lower prices & 2nd by increasing quality as sales went up. Now that prices are through the roof on the big 4, its time for the cycle to start all over.
Well spoken words of wisdom IMO.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:30 AM   #71
Corrosive
Speed Limit Corner Taker

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
03 Buell XB9s & 03 VL-800
2004 Triumph Daytona 600 & 07 Daytona 675- Sold
1992 Honda VFR750 - Sold
2001 Kawasaki ZR-7 - Traded
2001 SV650S - Sold

Send a message via AIM to Corrosive
So is their 650 basically an sv 650?
Corrosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:02 PM   #72
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

I'd like to see one of these Korean-made bikes. In the scooter world, names like Kymco and Hyosung have pretty good reputations, not perfect, but not "cheap junk" or "container " either. The scooters are usually sold by reputable people and come with warranties and parts availability. Fit and finish is not going to be great, but I bet will get better with time (like with Hyundai LOL).

Pretty soon, when I can walk/ride again, I'll be shopping for a new bike. Maybe sometime this winter I'll trade the Ninja in for something newer/bigger. I won't say "no" to a bike like this until I can see it first hand.
Sassy Chassis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #73
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
First they are Chinese then they are Japanese and now they are Korean what the is it?
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:30 PM   #74
Sassy Chassis
Not a value-added poster

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 821

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR 1/2
First they are Chinese then they are Japanese and now they are Korean what the is it?
About Hyosung

Hyosung Motors Australia (HMA) was established in 2000 for the purpose of importing and distributing Hyosung motorcycles and scooters. HMA also imports and distributes spare parts and provides technical back up and after sales service to its extensive network of retailers Australia-wide. Hyosung Motors Australia Pty Ltd is 100 per cent Australian owned and managed.

Hyosung is one of the largest and most respected companies in South Korea, and was founded in 1952. Hyosung Motors & Machinery was established in 1978 as a motorcycle manufacturer. In 1979 a technical tie up was established with Suzuki Motor Corp of Japan for producing Suzuki models for some Asian markets. Hyosung established its own R&D centre in 1986 to develop models under the Hyosung brand for export to global markets under the banner "Made by Hyosung, ridden by the World". Around 12 per cent of staff are engaged in R&D to keep pace with aggressive development of new models suitable for export markets. Hyosung produces some models that carry a Japanese brand name that are exported worldwide, and components produced by Hyosung can be found on several other brands of motorcycles.

Some facts about Hyosung Motors & Machinery:
It is equipped with an annual production capacity in excess of 200,000 motorcycles;
It has ISO9001 certification from TUV in Germany;

http://www.hyosungmotors.com.au/aboutus.html
Sassy Chassis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:33 PM   #75
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Seems like it would be worth taking a look at.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:48 PM   #76
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

MSRP ?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:54 PM   #77
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
MSRP ?
hang on a minute. . .
Old 09-20-2006, 01:00 PM   #78
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC
What's the MSRP? Did I miss it?
The naked model sales for about $3200. . .The full fairing red bike shown sells for about $3699. Keep in mind I'm just the parts guy, so these prices may not be 100% correct
Old 09-20-2006, 01:08 PM   #79
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

check out the Hysoung troy. . .
www.propowersportsofconroe.com