MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2006, 08:26 AM   #41
jrock
straight shooter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
i am sooo clueless when it comes to bike names.. can i just get one in a pretty color?
Any color as long as its pretty?
Can I get some help here?

j/jkng
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carb issues- Ninja250 ZX-Dominance General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 01-05-2013 04:17 PM
craigslist find ninja250 TREE Off Topic 7 01-29-2009 07:35 PM
well priced '08 ninja250 RACER X New Riders and MSF Course Info 5 10-31-2008 07:03 AM
Jango learned how to 12'o clock a ninja250! Vandals General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 11-06-2006 12:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-19-2006, 08:56 AM   #42
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

HAHA^^
Old 09-19-2006, 08:57 AM   #43
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

How many squid lives could be saved by starting them out that red 250 instead of some damned litre bike?
Old 09-19-2006, 09:00 AM   #44
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
so is this bike an ok bike to buy or not??? so many mixed emotions... im confused!
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:16 AM   #45
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR 1/2
so is this bike an ok bike to buy or not??? so many mixed emotions... im confused!
IMO, that bike would be an excellent bike for you to learn on.
All motorcycles have their Pro's and Con's. You should figure out what you want from your first bike, and go from there. Just my 2 cents of course
Old 09-19-2006, 09:19 AM   #46
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

^^^ thanks... i just want to learn HOW TO ride, and learn to not crash!!! LOL
Old 09-19-2006, 09:29 AM   #47
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:34 AM   #48
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

^^^^ haha yea... let me learn then i can give u lessons! LOL
Old 09-19-2006, 09:36 AM   #49
fuknrobert
the necessary villain

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'04 R6, '05 70, '04 fiddy!

deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentgixxer
im not a midget , i was actually born with a type of dwarfism, but i took medication for 12 yrs to reach just 5'6"
fuknrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:07 AM   #50
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
FnRobs crash instincts are finely tuned by now. lol
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:29 AM   #51
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrock
FnRobs crash instincts are finely tuned by now. lol
He's about to go pro!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 11:02 AM   #52
kstrs
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Bike(s):
Some

Quote:
Don't go mudslinging young grasshopper. The Hyosung posted by RacerX has nothing to do with China, and availability of parts? do you know who probably built most of the parts for that GS500 you posted? my guess would be Hyosung, since they've been manufacturing Suzuki parts for over 30 years. They built the SV650 motor for Suzuki, not the other way around. That hyosung 250 will outhandle that GS500 all day long IMO. BTW, the Hyosung Comet250R is cheap and easy to maintain, and I can get you every nut/bolt/fastener for that bike all day long. Just b/c you don't know about hyosung, doesn't mean you should go stereotyping them with "Chinese" junk. Hyosung is new to Texas, but not to morotcycling by any means. Class dismissed.
... Still a pos.

I seen some at a local dealer & was totally unimpressed, parts availability may not be an issue for someone who is well connected, but I as a consumer would rather be riding my bike than waiting on parts &/or having to search blindly with no competent dealer support (or cross referance) for parts on a well polished garage-bound . I may be wrong but I cant think of any major name brand dealers who offer this line of cycles, give 'em a few more years & they will get it right (like Hyundai & KIA did).

Quote:
How many squid lives could be saved by starting them out that red 250 instead of some damned litre bike?
+1 Good starter bike.
kstrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:26 PM   #53
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstrs
... Still a pos.

I seen some at a local dealer & was totally unimpressed, parts availability may not be an issue for someone who is well connected, but I as a consumer would rather be riding my bike than waiting on parts &/or having to search blindly with no competent dealer support (or cross referance) for parts on a well polished garage-bound . I may be wrong but I cant think of any major name brand dealers who offer this line of cycles, give 'em a few more years & they will get it right (like Hyundai & KIA did).

+1 Good starter bike.
fit and finish is the only founded complaint i have heard. . .i guess that's not so much for some consumers to worry about. BTW, you haven't seen too many dealerships with these bikes b/c they've only been in Texas for about 2 months now. Also, any hyosung dealer can get parts, and they're coming from Dallas, not Cali like most others. Parts and Service is not even an issue in the greater Houston area. +1 to it being a good starter bike regardless of some small cosmetic issues. JET
Old 09-19-2006, 02:00 PM   #54
Denee
Leather n lace

Bike(s):
TL1000r(race), '06 GSXR600

Send a message via AIM to Denee
"How many squid lives could be saved by starting them out on that red 250 instead of some damned litre bike?" I couldn't agree enough! But even better, start out in the dirt with a street/trail bike or something similar!

I had been looking at the Hysong for a while because I wanted a nice looking bike for a lesser price. I don't ride alot on the street, but do not really want to buy a litre bike. The kawasaki 250s are just damned ugly, but dependable. I have an Aprila RS50 that is a blast, but is two stroke. But still a blast! But limited in distance and freeway driving.

I also have two chinese street/trail bikes (1000 bucks per bike) finally got registered. But I can't ride them cause they vibrate my back too much. For someone else, like my daughters, they are just fine. BUT, when shopping for some sprokets to get more top end, Honda just couldn't help me, though these chinese bikes are Honda copies from earlier bikes. They are cheap and cheaply made. they look good, run good, electric start, crappy front disc brakes that do not brake worth a . Steel brake lines may help. I wish I hadn't bought them, but my daughters love the bikes, but what do they know about bikes!

I wrote someone on Ebay regarding the Hysong, and asked that person to chime in if he/she can. That would be interesting to get information from the horse!

For people here on this site that would like to learn the basics of riding, I would be happy to help you. I don't work and basically bored out of my mind! No charge, just someone to hang out and teach would be fun! Maybe even make a friend or two! I have been riding since 1970, I have had an amazing amount of different bikes. I live in West Houston.
1970 TT250 Suzuki ()
First new bike: 1974 Honda XL350 (heavy but fun)
1974 Honda XL250 (Execellent bike)
250 Ossa trials bike(great for learning maneuvering at slow speed/obstacles)
1975 BMW R75 (What came over me!!!)
Inherited brothers 1974 Honda CL350
After divorce my life came alive!
'97Suzuki Katana 600 (OMG)
'98 GSXR 600 (OMG II)
'97 Ducati 916 (OMGIII)
EX500 Race bike
'99 Aprilia RS50
'03 Aprilia RS250 RAce only
'03 TL1000s Suzuki
'98 TL1000r Suzuki
(2 chinese street/trail bikes)
I probably left a couple out! lol Another thing, bikes are a losing propostion when it comes to money. Bikes are like black holes that suck money in!)

Like most of you, I love motorcycles, and would love to share my experiences/knowlege and the excitement of being involved in such a fun activity! It has been worth every penny (dollars)!
Anocsunamoon@aol.com
dnee'
832-607-9116
Denee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:04 PM   #55
gixxerbill

Bike(s):
K5 GSXR 1000
2008 Goldwing 1832 cc
Bourget Low Blow Chopper

Denee,

So would you recomment the 250 for my 14 year old daughter for the track or something else? She wants to start doing trackdays with me but I want something dependable not real fast and inexpensive to start with.
gixxerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:16 PM   #56
Denee
Leather n lace

Bike(s):

I'd like to talk to you~ can I call you? I can't type all the information that I'd need to convey to you.
denee'
Old 09-19-2006, 03:17 PM   #57
Denee
Leather n lace

Bike(s):

My favorite times was when I was about 19, and I would ride my Ossa or ond of the XL's down to the creek alone (White Oak or even Cole creek), now they're all paved with concrete or lined with apartments! But just having fun all alone going through deep water, up steep slopes, dirt riding, powersliding in the dirt, jumps, getting stuck and getting unstuck! I'd be gone all day!Those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end!" I miss those times! Me and my bike!
I believe these times allowed myself to develope skills! People nowadays, go buy a sportbike and immediatly put on the street in harms way. I think if you're new, and your children, go buy some cheap dirt bikes, go trail riding! Have fun as a family unit! Be like Steve McQueen and his family! Watch "on any Sunday"! Wives, or even husbands that think it's too dangerours; EVERYTHING IS DANGEROUS! lol
just had to say something else; forgive me.
dnee'
Old 09-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #58
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denee
My favorite times was when I was about 19, and I would ride my Ossa or ond of the XL's down to the creek alone (White Oak or even Cole creek), now they're all paved with concrete or lined with apartments! But just having fun all alone going through deep water, up steep slopes, dirt riding, powersliding in the dirt, jumps, getting stuck and getting unstuck! I'd be gone all day!Those were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end!" I miss those times! Me and my bike!
I believe these times allowed myself to develope skills! People nowadays, go buy a sportbike and immediatly put on the street in harms way. I think if you're new, and your children, go buy some cheap dirt bikes, go trail riding! Have fun as a family unit! Be like Steve McQueen and his family! Watch "on any Sunday"! Wives, or even husbands that think it's too dangerours; EVERYTHING IS DANGEROUS! lol
just had to say something else; forgive me.
dnee'
+1

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:01 PM   #59
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Denee, what was your final decision on the 250? if you have any questions, just PM me, we are a licensed sales/service center as of last month. Hyosung has only been in Tejas for 2 months. We will soon be seeing more of these little bikes. Jet
Old 09-19-2006, 10:21 PM   #60
Chris24
Thread Savior

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
hehe, jet, i was about to ask if owned stock in these things, i guess ^ that answers that.

hey. dont get me wrong. im not trying to sling mud. i got nothing against you jet, youve been doing this here parts gig alot longer than me, i respect that. i remember when you explained all about jet kits to me too, and i appreciated that alot, it got me to thinking and doing some self study, and i understand engines alot better in general now.

no reason to sling mud at me or the "mold" i come from either. yeah, im big 4 to the core, and so are most of the folks on this board, cruisers and sportbikes alike. if i could get parts for everybike in the world i would do it, and gladly help everybody, but at this point, im limited to whatever my employers deal with. honda, suzuki, and aftermarket vendors arent bad choices. i havnt even been in this line for work for a whole year yet! give me time kung-fu parts master, i am training hard!

if you say you can get parts for hyosong in 1-2 days, i dont doubt you for a second. i have no reason to. but what if someone buys one and moves to a different city or state for example? you can peg a needle on a map of the US, and there is likely to be parts and service available for the big 4, and most likely harley, and maybe maybe some ducati, triumph, or whatnot. and those are easy to find, itll be in yellowpages.

just as a test i looked up motorcycles in the yellowpages, plenty of sources for the big 4, probably more than places around here than you can visit in a day. not one for hyosong. and this is houston. imagine going to "big dave's bike shop" in any small town, and asking for hyosong parts. good luck. they are likely to tell you something like "we dont sell vacuums here, sorry..."

more power to you and your shop for carrying hyosong though, ive always felt that competition inspires better product, prices and services. im hoping the big 4 will notice the missing business and up the ante.

my $0.02