MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 03:13 PM   #21
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedismo

thats a funny hobby Teresa
LOL yea i know... but my nissian now has only been crashed twice and those were not my fault... im doing great! :icon_bigg
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carb issues- Ninja250 ZX-Dominance General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 01-05-2013 04:17 PM
craigslist find ninja250 TREE Off Topic 7 01-29-2009 07:35 PM
well priced '08 ninja250 RACER X New Riders and MSF Course Info 5 10-31-2008 07:03 AM
Jango learned how to 12'o clock a ninja250! Vandals General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 11-06-2006 12:54 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2006, 03:17 PM   #22
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Crazy women drivers!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:19 PM   #23
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Crazy women drivers!
+1
Old 09-18-2006, 03:43 PM   #24
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles
Class dismissed.
point taken, but good luck finding parts or accesories for them in Parts Unlimited or Tucker Rocky, etc... ive never seen any after market stuff for them. a quick search on ebay pulls up about nothing. its nice to own a bike you can get parts from readily available from ebay or wherever if you need. i doubt any of the other common online vendors have stuff for them either.

the yuasa battery website doesnt have them listed, neither does NGK spark plugs. :dontknow: id imagine most parts guys in town will have trouble knowing or finding out what they use, not to mention oil filters, air filters, ect...im sure alot of service guys would be shrugging there shoulders too, leaving you with limited choices for parts, upgrades, and service.

*added: nothing for them in the way of brake pads at EBC or Galfer's websites either. k& n does not make air filters for them either.

Last edited by Chris24; 09-18-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:14 PM   #25
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

WELL THIS IS FROM THE CO. SELLING THE BIKE::::::

Lifan is located in Dallas so parts ussually arrive with in 1-2 days. Parts are ussually about half of what the name brands are. We have this model in stock, come by and take a look.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:18 PM   #26
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24
point taken, but good luck finding parts or accesories for them in Parts Unlimited or Tucker Rocky, etc... ive never seen any after market stuff for them. a quick search on ebay pulls up about nothing. its nice to own a bike you can get parts from readily available from ebay or wherever if you need. i doubt any of the other common online vendors have stuff for them either.

the yuasa battery website doesnt have them listed, neither does NGK spark plugs. :dontknow: id imagine most parts guys in town will have trouble knowing or finding out what they use, not to mention oil filters, air filters, ect...im sure alot of service guys would be shrugging there shoulders too, leaving you with limited choices for parts, upgrades, and service.

*added: nothing for them in the way of brake pads at EBC or Galfer's websites either. k& n does not make air filters for them either.
parts can be cross refrenced first off. Also i'm sure the dealer that sold the bike has a way of knowing where to get parts. like jet says if you don't know anything about them then sit down and zip it.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:21 PM   #27
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
parts can be cross refrenced first off. Also i'm sure the dealer that sold the bike has a way of knowing where to get parts. like jet says if you don't know anything about them then sit down and zip it.

YEA THE DEALER IS RIGHT DOWN THE STREET FROM MY WORK.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:23 PM   #28
Vandals
Scooter

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

I heard frpm the hyosung dealer here in waco that theres a racing team somewhere in Oklahoma that races the 250s and the 650s and are developing aftermarket parts and stuff for them..Dunno if this is true or not though.
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:29 PM   #29
andrave

well I was in the hyosung showroom and fit and finish and quality of plastics was HORRIBLE like... I've seen squirrels build houses from sticks and rocks that had a glossier sheen than the hyosung .

and second, they aren't THAT much cheaper than brands with that doenst look like it will fall apart.

and third, they reviewd the hyosung 650 in one of my motorcycle mags and it was way slower and way crappier than the other bikes.

so, meh.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:32 PM   #30
Swift E

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Triumph 675

GET IT WOMAN!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 04:38 PM   #31
Vandals
Scooter

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2003 Yamaha r1
1981 Honda Trail 110 -"The Tank"

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave
well I was in the hyosung showroom and fit and finish and quality of plastics was HORRIBLE like... I've seen squirrels build houses from sticks and rocks that had a glossier sheen than the hyosung .

and second, they aren't THAT much cheaper than brands with that doenst look like it will fall apart.

and third, they reviewd the hyosung 650 in one of my motorcycle mags and it was way slower and way crappier than the other bikes.

so, meh.

Have you ever rode their 250? Its faster than my ninja 250, and it was more fun to ride than the ninja 250. The one I rode didnt look or feel like it was gunna fall apart. It corners better than the ninja 250 for me too.
Vandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:40 PM   #32
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift E
GET IT WOMAN!!!
well i have to wait for my bonus... i have to pay off my rims, and i can.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:50 PM   #33
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

These bikes are Korean, not Chinese.

They're the KIA of motorcycles.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 04:52 PM   #34
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
These bikes are Korean, not Chinese.

They're the KIA of motorcycles.
shhhh i hate kias, and the other one.... ummm sounds like honda just with an I
Old 09-18-2006, 04:58 PM   #35
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris24

Not trying to be rude here chris, but my parts availability goes WAAAAY beyond PU and Tucker Rocky catalogs. Any parts guy at any parts counter can get you parts out of a PU or TR catalog, as long as they can read that is. Look up Triumph parts in those catalogs and tell me what you find. . .Nothing. Does that mean i can't get parts and accessories for the bike i ride every day? Not at all. I know you probably hustle a lot of Japanese bike parts over at your little parts counter at stubbs, but there is a world of two wheelers out there beyond what you deal with on a daily basis.
BTW, you're right that "most parts guys in town will have trouble knowing or finding out what parts to use". Shouldn't really stereotype people when you sound as if you were cast from the same mold. :confused1 Sounds like some people on the south side of town need to find themselves a new parts guy. . .
anything else i can help you understand today?

Last edited by jetcycles; 09-18-2006 at 05:32 PM.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:03 PM   #36
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:

so, meh.
Fit and finish is not up to par with that of the big four. price isn't up there either. . . Also, the pose factor is not as high, so i can see where you might have a problem with Hyosung. Not cool enough for ya bro?

so, meh
Old 09-19-2006, 12:01 AM   #37
andrave

bikes that are pieces of held together with sheet metal screws are not cool enough for me. prices aren't low enough to justify the poor quality and worksmanship and blatant rip off styling.
If you can unload them on unsuspecting former scooter riders thats cool but I think most people who are shopping would be far better served by a good used bike than a cheaply built, cheaply designed second rate rip off.
and thats the end of my commentary in this thread. has nothing to do with POSE value, everything to do with ending up with a quality product that will remain reliable and retain its value.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:32 AM   #38
jrock
straight shooter

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
Id rock tha till it falls apart! Hopefully not with me on it!
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:01 AM   #39
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
bikes that are pieces of held together with sheet metal screws are not cool enough for me. prices aren't low enough to justify the poor quality and worksmanship and blatant rip off styling.
If you can unload them on unsuspecting former scooter riders thats cool but I think most people who are shopping would be far better served by a good used bike than a cheaply built, cheaply designed second rate rip off.
and thats the end of my commentary in this thread. has nothing to do with POSE value, everything to do with ending up with a quality product that will remain reliable and retain its value.
Bwuahahahaha:laughing6 Your obvious lack of knowledge bamboozles me. Since you suddenly know so much about motorcycles, who is Hyosung "blatantly" ripping off?:eh: If you want to start and unfounded match, send it to my PM's. If you want to LEARN something, speak less and listen more. Until then, Pose on bro.:confused1
Old 09-19-2006, 08:21 AM   #40
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR 1/2
shhhh i hate kias, and the other one.... ummm sounds like honda just with an I
don't let pass quality problems fool ya. kia and hyundais are very good quality now.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote