MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
psychomedicHFD
CMRA Expert #65

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Yamaha R1 Race bike

Looking out for fellow brothers at the track

With all the concern of untrustworthy people in our motorcycle community, rather it be on the street or at the track, we need to look out not only for ourselves but also our brother/sister motorcycle rider. I am not saying this to "call" anybody out, or of because the other thread that is blowing up. I say this because it has been a concern of mine for quit sometime now. We spend a lot of money on this hobby of ours and I don't know about you guys, but I work hard for my money. Its a shame of what some people will stoop to. I realize its only a small percentage of people in this community that give other a bad reputation. So lets hear some suggestions for at the track/ or at home that will minimize the temptation of others.

1. Keep all personal thing locked in your car out of sight (wallets/cell phone/computers/watches/anything that might be of some value when you are on the track)

2. Help police the paddocks with us. If everybody is looking out for each other it will decrease the chances of people trying to walk off with your stuff.
If I see somebody I have not seen before around somebody stuff I will walk over and asked them what they are doing, rather be wrong than somebody to have something taken from them.

3. On that note from #2....get to know the group of people next to you in the paddock. This does 2 things....1 is you get to make new friends and 2 is ya'll can look out for each other.

4. Bring a trained killer dog and tie him up around your stuff at the track....wait scratch that idea.

Guys its imperative that we look out for one another and try to keep the track or this hobby of ours as honest as possible.

Please feel free to add some other helpful hints on how to protect ourselves.
Don't say..."I keep my (insert valuable item) in the _____" This will only set you up for failure in the future, because some of the dishonest people might be reading this.

When I am at the track I will make sure to go around between classes and introduce myself to as many people as I can and keep a eye on everybody's things as best as possible.

See you guys at the track, be safe.

Chris Cullen
FF/Paramedic HFD
psychomedicHFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my fellow carnivors tonyt915 Off Topic 72 05-14-2009 10:57 AM
Need a help from fellow motos to get to #1 homi Off Topic 22 11-06-2008 11:32 PM
A fellow member.... 1FastMF Off Topic 36 03-23-2008 11:26 PM
R.I.P fellow rider stunterdude General Discussion (Moto Related) 53 11-21-2006 04:59 PM
fellow Biker needs your help ScooterTrash Off Topic 5 06-01-2006 05:51 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
PYROBUG51
GMFS Racing

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
06 GSXR 750 Track
06 R6 Track

04 ZX6RR NINJA (STOLEN)

You borrowed my tire pressure guage I have yet to see it again...kettle calling pot black
PYROBUG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

I always carry a Shark with lasers in my pack, he is trained to recognize my hand only, my wife can attest to that

On a serious note, it is all about who you pit with. After being in the TD/race scene for a while, you get to meet very good persons. Per instance, whenever I am at the track with Candie and Bubby, the Camachos, Alonzo, I pit with them, why? Because I know them and they have earned my trust. It is implied that when I am at the track they watch my stuff and viceversa.

So choose your friends wisely.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:04 AM   #4
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROBUG51 View Post
You borrowed my tire pressure guage I have yet to see it again...kettle calling pot black
HA!!!!!!
AaronP220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #5
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #6
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Same with my SBN guys. It's good that we ride in different groups too. There's almost always someone in the pit.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #7
psychomedicHFD
CMRA Expert #65

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Yamaha R1 Race bike

Quote:
ummmm no. have my own thank you very much.....unless its in my tool box then yes. but you put it there.
psychomedicHFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #8
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irak View Post
I always carry a Shark with lasers in my pack, he is trained to recognize my hand only, my wife can attest to that
shark
Old 04-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #9
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
DAYUMMMM!

pyro

This is a good Idea, I thought it was already an unwritten rule, but ...I guess just like laws, some common courtesy and morals just have to be spelled out. sad.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:53 AM   #10
AaronP220
Sir Ballmanship

Bike(s):
2011 Fleshlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
shark
inside
Old 04-07-2011, 11:10 AM   #11
eltejano
I smell pretty

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2004 CBR600RR
2002 F4i
2003 CBR600RR track

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
DAYUMMMM!

pyro

This is a good Idea, I thought it was already an unwritten rule, but ...I guess just like laws, some common courtesy and morals just have to be spelled out. sad.
No , reminds me of Homer Simpson with Ned Flander's stuff.
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
tejano? Rape me
eltejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:13 AM   #12
99 Chris
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki GSX-R1000
2006 Suzuki GSX-R1000

User is banned

99 Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #13
TexasPsyclone
Leah's

Bike(s):
Honda CX500 and VF1100C (Those were last century)
87 HD FXLR (Gave her up)
03 ZX7R
94 HD FXLR
Cannondale R600 & Killer V900 (1HP....thats Human Power)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
shark
Is that a shark with a lazerbeam attached to its head?

COOL!!

You mean you actually have a freakin shark with a freakin lazerbeam attached to its freakin head????

On a more serious note,

I'm sure this has been brought up before, but it's probably not a good idea to post up all of the "stuff" you own. I've seen threads about "show pictures of your rides" or "pictures of your guns" or whatever toy the subject may be. Often these pictures end up with a license plate somewhere in the background. Use good common sense - it's kind of like publishing a menu for thieves. Guns especially. They are a high value target because they are valuable and regulated. These creeps don't even have to guess... they know right where to look. That, or have good insurance!

+1 on watching everyone's back. This society is so geared towards not offending anyone. Screw that. If something seems out of place - ask questions. If there is a reasonable explanation, there should be no offense given or taken.
"The average street rider, feels he/she is an "above average" street rider... the majority are NOT. (they think they are, but they are not) straight up. The ones that are, typically don't show it, or don't know it....or are getting paid big bucks for it." - GAU-8
sigpic9903 2
TexasPsyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:17 PM   #14
xrcrx
Immortal

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR Repsol Edition #369
Suzuki TLR1000

Such a bummer that you can't walk away from your things without fear of losing your stuff. I guess i've been fortunate and have never lost anything while trackside and always seem to meet really cool new folks. I've always found the people at any CMRA or trackday event to be some of the best folks around , but it only takes one thug//lowlife to ruin it.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #15
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

you thieves. That's all.

Advertisement