MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2006, 11:18 AM   #1
Chris24
Thread Savior

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special

Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Stubbs SW hiring, help me out!

im not management or anything, just trying to get the word out.

im a parts consultant there and our other guy just left for a welding gig. im going to get a little swamped now and then if we dont hire someone quick, so come help me out behind the parts counter!

most customers just need batteries, spark plugs, brake pads, tires, oil and air filters, and you find them the correct one for their bike, ATV or jet ski. some customers need various other things, like clutch plates, parts for carberetors, pistons, etc... so while you dont need to be an expert mechanic, you should have some knowledge of mechanics, and how engines work. (if you understand bikes, then jet-ski's and ATV's will come easy to you). the microfiche is all computerized and its easy to learn so long as you know what your looking at, i learned it very fast.

base pay will probably be like $8 an hour, but there is also a monthly commision you can earn if you hit a goal, which is pretty easy to do. i havnt been there long enough to be there a full month, but the other parts guy said it comes out to an extra 300-400 a month.

the job is really laid back, we have alot of fun and clown around when we arent busy. everyone there is a freaking charachter. its a full time job, 8:45 to 7 tue through fri, hour lunch. and sat 8:45 to 5, dealership buys us lunch on saturdays ) sunday and monday off everyweek (can you say trackdays? :icon_bigg ) i have to say its hella nice to be able to get overtime, still have 2 days off together every week, and having monday off to pay bills, run errands, etc when everything open...

there may also be a position open in accesories, which is much less technical. this person is responsible for inventory and helping customers with helmets, jackets, gloves, apparell, and accesories. this position may be as an assosiate or may be as an accesories manager, depending on your experiance. i dont know as much about this position because its not my department.

if your interested in either, just come by the parts counter, and me or bill will get you an app. let me know your from MH and i may put in a good word for you. FYI, when i got hired, i filled out my app, talked to bill (the parts manager), and got hired on the spot. not sure if youll have the same luck but its possible.

Last edited by Chris24; 09-17-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote