MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #81
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
no, sorry, but we are going to be posting tutorials to help with technique and geometry when sanding your knee pucks if you want to stick around for a while.
thank goodness!
I just had to bin 4 set of sliders because i sanded them with the marks going up and down.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why put the knee down? theManofRussia General Discussion (Moto Related) 144 04-20-2012 03:26 PM
knee pester Off Topic 26 04-16-2012 11:04 AM
So I got a knee down Versatile337 General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 05-03-2010 01:27 PM
Knee Braces Navajib Safety Corner Main 18 07-01-2009 02:39 PM
Knee problems! Candie Taking it to the Track 29 07-03-2007 07:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #82
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
thank goodness!
I just had to bin 4 set of sliders because i sanded them with the marks going up and down.
dont worry bra! everybody makes mistakes, recently we just found out that the knee pucks dont actually go on your knee.

i know, i know - mindfuck right? we'll have some articles about that too but its pretty complex, bra.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #83
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

I drag dead bodies home and eat them.
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #84
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Khaki shirt.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #85
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
everytime you post I'll be looking at your picture for about 15 minutes!
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:23 PM   #86
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigComfy View Post
but thats a french thing, right? that doesnt count.

Khaki shirt.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:31 PM   #87
humbleassassin
χαμαλός

Bike(s):
2007 Kawasaki zx-6r Totaled
:(

pfft drag knew... do like me Saturday night. I was draggin both knees, elbows head, neck shoulders. .. oh wait that was a wreck nvm.... fml

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squoddybody View Post
Hello. My name is Squoddy and I'm a . Sometimes I just can't help myself; I CRAVE !
GIVE IT TO ME!
humbleassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:32 PM   #88
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbleassassin View Post
pfft drag knew... do like me Saturday night. I was draggin both knees, elbows head, neck shoulders. .. oh wait that was a wreck nvm.... fml
Old 04-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #89
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
now... this is MH and you have a lot of old timers that will talk to you all day everyday (BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT BEEN SAFE).. posting on how you "ride" your bike and doing things on the streets that people shouldn't be doing its not a good idea... just saying!
So its not the doing it that's the bad idea....its just the posting about it. *facepalm*
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:49 PM   #90
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
So its not the doing it that's the bad idea....its just the posting about it. *facepalm*
with all the trash talker in here and all the people that like to talk on how everyone rides their bike and how not to.. NO! I wouldn't post any of the stupid I DID when I first got my bike.

now this thread would had gone smooth on giving the kid some points on what not to do.. but in the other hand we're just making jokes and fuking with him.... WHAT A HELPFULL FORUM! GREAT COMUNITY FOR BIKERS TO GROW WITH....

oh... and thank you for keep adding fuel to the fire in making this thread longer than it should...
Old 04-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #91
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
with all the trash talker in here and all the people that like to talk on how everyone rides their bike and how not to.. NO! I wouldn't post any of the stupid I DID when I first got my bike.

now this thread would had gone smooth on giving the kid some points on what not to do.. but in the other hand we're just making jokes and fuking with him.... WHAT A HELPFULL FORUM! GREAT COMUNITY FOR BIKERS TO GROW WITH....
Not every seed gets to be an oak. Sometimes you have to pull a weed here and there.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:52 PM   #92
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
Not every seed gets to be an oak. Sometimes you have to pull a weed here and there.
true!....... but i think this went tooo far.
but hey! have at it!...
Old 04-04-2011, 01:53 PM   #93
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:

oh... and thank you for keep adding fuel to the fire in making this thread longer than it should...
Actually, its quite a good community to grow with. With all of the available information, if your conceptualization of how people are operate was true, there would never be things like this posted. People would read the tomes already written on the proper things and places to do things.....and then just do them.

Obviously that utopia doesn't exist. Instead, the only tool left to keep people in line is to embarass the out of them, and hope they quit. Even this is only effective 25% of the time.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Old 04-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #94
sunday_rider

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):

I think the OP just got very excited that he dragged his knees and wanted to share it.....

I am sure that if he had done it at the track instead of on the street, the feedbacks from this forum would had been a lot more positive.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #95
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Obviously that utopia doesn't exist. Instead, the only tool left to keep people in line is to embarass the out of them, and hope they quit. Even this is only effective 25% of the time.
win.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #96
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:

You clearly dont understand socialization.

Also, page 1 gave him the chance. The advice was offered and this schmuck ran his mouth about "dont hate, appreciate." Well, that attittude. The guy didnt come on here to get advice or pointers, he came to brag about some lame accomplishment and he got flamed for it. This site will offer an abundance of advice TO THOSE WHO WANT IT, but some know it all isnt going to get much further than getting flamed.
Open your eyes and get your head wrapped around that.
But hey, at least he has you to fight his fights for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
this.

Khaki shirt.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #97
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday_rider View Post
I think the OP just got very excited that he dragged his knees and wanted to share it.....

I am sure that if he had done it at the track instead of on the street, the feedbacks from this forum would had been a lot more positive.
You're correct, the feedback would have been more positive as the track is the proper venue. There's a time and a place for everything.

CMRA #302
Old 04-04-2011, 02:15 PM   #98
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

....^^^ ANYTHING THAT KEEPS YOUR DAY GOING BABE!
I'M not fighting his fights! its just that the same happens all the time about anyone that post something that people like you wanna be a smart about...

like last time there was a guy that was posting about using the rear brakes, then this thread when on and on and on about how you should NEVER use rear brakes... wtf?? LOL.. I really care lest what you guys wanna post and think... there will always be about ... just to get the day going..

now...... GO ON...
Old 04-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #99
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Bike(s):

did you just call him "Babe"?
Old 04-04-2011, 02:18 PM   #100
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
....^^^ ANYTHING THAT KEEPS YOUR DAY GOING BABE!
I'M not fighting his fights! its just that the same happens all the time about anyone that post something that people like you wanna be a smart about...

like last time there was a guy that was posting about using the rear brakes, then this thread when on and on and on about how you should NEVER use rear brakes... wtf?? LOL.. I really care lest what you guys wanna post and think... there will always be about ... just to get the day going..

now...... GO ON...
the difference: was that guy seeking advice, or was he being a know-it-all?

and yeah, i aint your "babe" .

Khaki shirt.

Advertisement