Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 09:25 AM   #61
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyGP View Post

It's not that complicated buddy.

2 bikes on Rossi's leg. Stoner up and running towards his bike. Who do you go to first as a Marshall running across a 50 foot gravel trap. Take your time answering, this isn't a timed quiz.

You're right, its not that complicated. You're 50 yards away, and you see two bikes on a guys leg. When you're 25 yards away there's no longer any bikes on any guys leg.

Are you suggesting that, after seeing the crash initially, the Stewards then shut their brains off to the developing situation and acted on autopilot?
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jerez MotopGP SPOILERS poss Grinchy General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 05-06-2015 03:40 PM
What a race!! Poss. Spoiler Grinchy Taking it to the Track 12 04-08-2013 04:13 PM
Holy Kawasaki, WSBK Imola, poss spoiler Grinchy Taking it to the Track 12 03-30-2012 08:26 PM
At Doc's, Clear Lake Poss'd up! Rise the Souf! Ralphieboy Events, Meets and Rides 4 11-24-2010 01:10 PM
Vale's SO?????????????????????????? Grinchy Taking it to the Track 6 02-18-2010 09:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2011, 09:34 AM   #62
CodyGP

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
You're right, its not that complicated. You're 50 yards away, and you see two bikes on a guys leg. When you're 25 yards away there's no longer any bikes on any guys leg.

Are you suggesting that, after seeing the crash initially, the Stewards then shut their brains off to the developing situation and acted on autopilot?
Somewhat, yes. Running towards a track where the worlds fastest motorcycles are braking as hard as possible on a wet track after the finish line straight... I'd say there was a bit of adrenaline in the mix.

Poor Rossi didn't deserve such equal treatment. He's a 9 times world champion for sake!

If Rossi's bike was stalled and Stoner's was running, I'd have strapped Stoner to a stretcher and put Rossi on the RCV, slapped him on the and sent him on his way.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:38 AM   #63
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):

whatever

stoner and rossi are gay lovers.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #64
CodyGP

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
whatever

stoner and rossi are gay lovers.
Whatever it takes to get to Adriana...
Old 04-06-2011, 09:41 AM   #65
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

I would've let Rossi get his leg roasted for a few seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #66
Spinal

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2005 Ducati 999
2004 Honda 600RR
200? ratty looking no-name scooter with cool CMRA stickers

The video is pretty telling. I see both riders down but Casey getting up as the marshals start rushing out. Their job is far and away about safety first. Helping riders start their bikes is a distant second, so going to the downed rider first makes sense. They get Rossi up and almost instantly both riders are on their bikes side by side with the marshals behind both of them. They might have given Rossi a nudge but in the video I clearly see Rossi rolling his bike out by himself. A whole pile of marshals begin pushing Casey's bike, dropping off one by one Keystone Cops style (kinda funny actually) until only one is left who eventually gives up. I don't believe Casey's complaint is going to get much traction this time.

...as I understand it, it wouldn't have mattered if ALL the marshals were pushing that bike, you need two pins and a mechanic to get it started.
Spinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #67
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinal View Post
The video is pretty telling. I see both riders down but Casey getting up as the marshals start rushing out. Their job is far and away about safety first. Helping riders start their bikes is a distant second, so going to the downed rider first makes sense. They get Rossi up and almost instantly both riders are on their bikes side by side with the marshals behind both of them. They might have given Rossi a nudge but in the video I clearly see Rossi rolling his bike out by himself. A whole pile of marshals begin pushing Casey's bike, dropping off one by one Keystone Cops style (kinda funny actually) until only one is left who eventually gives up. I don't believe Casey's complaint is going to get much traction this time.

...as I understand it, it wouldn't have mattered if ALL the marshals were pushing that bike, you need two pins and a mechanic to get it started.
tell us more and welcome
I'm assuming because this new "clutch" won't allow a "bump" start.
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #68
CodyGP

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinal View Post

They say its possible to push start it but VERY difficult. I read that as impossible given how hard it is to push start a normal GP bike after being on its side.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #69
Spinal

Bike(s):
2005 Ducati 999
2004 Honda 600RR

Not an expert here, just what I've read elsewhere. Casey certainly feels he could have gotten it started but they always do. In my tiny experience corner working even at the CMRA, the competitive racers always seem to think they are just "inches away" from getting going again. Eventually they become a road hazard and the marshal has to pull the plug and move them out of the way before a pile up occurs. Actually from what I remember, in the CMRA they just tell the corner workers to "get em out of the way" no matter what and ignore all the and complaining. However with the millions at stake in MotoGP, i can see how it isn't that simple.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:30 AM   #70
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyGP View Post
Poor Rossi didn't deserve such equal treatment. He's a 9 times world champion for sake!
Are you suggesting that the goal of the race organization is to make sure that the previous winner keeps winning?

In more gross terms: win a couple times, and Dorna will cup your for the remainder of the years you continue to ride.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:53 AM   #71
Spinal

Bike(s):
2005 Ducati 999
2004 Honda 600RR

Some might think that way but I just don't see it in the actions of these particular marshals. Ironically if you go purely by the number of them behind Casey's bike (at least initially) and start the video at just the right moment, you might think Casey was getting the preferential treatment.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #72
CodyGP

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Are you suggesting that the goal of the race organization is to make sure that the previous winner keeps winning?

In more gross terms: win a couple times, and Dorna will cup your for the remainder of the years you continue to ride.
Rossi is a phenom. No matter how you cut it, its going to come down to Rossi getting what he wants and being treated different/better, but that is what you get for being the GOAT.

Dorna is in the profit making business first (hard to believe trust me I know) and motorcycle racing comes in at a close second. Rossi is their cash cow, as made evedent in the viewership drop off when Rossi was out of commission in 2010, that being the first time he's missed a race since his 125cc debut mind you. So yes, Dorna will cup whomevers they need to do make that $$$.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:46 PM   #73
Bagwell

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
Various Equipment for various uses.
Dirt, Street, Track, Dual Sport, I like em all.

Woulda been kinda nice if Rossi hadnt taken himself and Stoner out in the first place...

#104 I Just Wanna Ride TMGP Endurance Team
Bagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #74
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
man some yellow panties in here lol
My 2 pesos
- Rossi was going down in turn one wether Stoner was there or no, he was going to hot and never was going to make it - Noob mistake for someone riding a bike that tends to fold and that he has never ridden in the wet
- I have a gp pass and I can see the HD video form the other anlge, Rossi was up when marshals were there, 5-6 where tapping his back and before he took off
- All but one Marshall were running back because Stoner was up but they prolly didn't know the bike wasn't running, came back 4 helped, one fell down 2 quit and they never started up
- Rossi went to apologize and was too scared to take the helmet off, i am surprised he didn't send uccio, stoner made some remarks, would you blame him? no
- Stoner calls it racing incident

Now for the yellow panties wearers
Grinchy, i didn't text you that, I texted you what a noob
ArturoC, learn your racing history before opening your trap you looser, stoner crashed and giberchocke didn't have anywhere to go so he ran over dingo, dingo didn't directly took gibers out like flossi
Henry, i didn't text cause you never watch the race live, you always wait for RU to get the torrent and i don't know when you have it
James, you are a JLO fan, you were so happy that jlo won that signed up for Collins race school just to be like JLO, what a , you even text me if I think that JLO was ok after he fell in the water

We will come back and get the WC you will see.

BTW for those that are interested in seeing Uccio sticking his fingers in Rossis after he crashed in quali let me know, he went and dig deep.

So crashentino has 4 crashes in 2 races including practice quali and the race? Great Job in those 80 seconds to fix it.

Grinchy, the bike is not all CF, Swingarm is CF, Engine is part of the frame, then the front frame is CF. Rossi requested more flex cause he doesn't like how stiff the bike is.

Grinchy, Hayden is running the flex package already, do some reading man, or if you don't know just ask, i spend countless hours reading, sending emails, tweets, contacts etc, Birty, Gardner, Dennis Noyes, David, etc have tons of real information not whatever the yellow panties like Alex Briggs, fan boys at crash.net or GrinchyEats46-4eva.com tell

Last edited by alrova; 04-06-2011 at 08:34 PM.
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:53 PM   #75
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
ArturoC, learn your racing history before opening your trap you looser, stoner crashed and giberchocke didn't have anywhere to go so he ran over dingo, dingo didn't directly took gibers out like flossi
His ambition outweighed his talent. End result was the same.

http://www.motogp.com/ja/videos/2006...sh+during+race
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #76
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post
His ambition outweighed his talent. End result was the same.

http://www.motogp.com/ja/videos/2006...sh+during+race
so dingo on the lead, loses the front gibber rans over, yeah same crash you yellow pantie lover.

You are the reason why so many fan boys out there that drop their panties cause rossi has 9 WC.

Dingo - rookie year on GP, privateer Honda, front end crash
Flossi - 9 WC, on wheels, front end crash and takes out the competition

Last edited by alrova; 04-06-2011 at 09:00 PM.
alrova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:53 PM   #77
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
man some yellow panties in here lol
My 2 pesos
- Rossi was going down in turn one wether Stoner was there or no, he was going to hot and never was going to make it - Noob mistake for someone riding a bike that tends to fold and that he has never ridden in the wet
- I have a gp pass and I can see the HD video form the other anlge, Rossi was up when marshals were there, 5-6 where tapping his back and before he took off
- All but one Marshall were running back because Stoner was up but they prolly didn't know the bike wasn't running, came back 4 helped, one fell down 2 quit and they never started up
- Rossi went to apologize and was too scared to take the helmet off, i am surprised he didn't send uccio, stoner made some remarks, would you blame him? no
- Stoner calls it racing incident

Now for the yellow panties wearers
Grinchy, i didn't text you that, I texted you what a noob
Henry, i didn't text cause you never watch the race live, you always wait for RU to get the torrent and i don't know when you have it
James, you are a JLO fan, you were so happy that jlo won that signed up for Collins race school just to be like JLO, what a , you even text me if I think that JLO was ok after he fell in the water

We will come back and get the WC you will see.

BTW for those that are interested in seeing Uccio sticking his fingers in Rossis after he crashed in quali let me know, he went and dig deep.

So crashentino has 4 crashes in 2 races including practice quali and the race? Great Job in those 80 seconds to fix it.

Grinchy, the bike is not all CF, Swingarm is CF, Engine is part of the frame, then the front frame is CF. Rossi requested more flex cause he doesn't like how stiff the bike is.

Grinchy, Hayden is running the flex package already, do some reading man, or if you don't know just ask, i spend countless hours reading, sending emails, tweets, contacts etc, Birty, Gardner, Dennis Noyes, David, etc have tons of real information not whatever the yellow panties like Alex Briggs, fan boys at crash.net or GrinchyEats46-4eva.com tell
Quote:
so dingo on the lead, loses the front gibber rans over, yeah same crash you yellow pantie lover.

You are the reason why so many fan boys out there that drop their panties cause rossi has 9 WC.

Dingo - rookie year on GP, privateer Honda, front end crash
Flossi - 9 WC, on wheels, front end crash and takes out the competition

you wanna lecture me on a carbon fibre Monocoque frame
PS it doesn't matter how much you read cause you're so full of hate that your ability to absorb or even entertain impartial reporting has long since evaporated.
We acknowledge Rossi was at fault, that the marshalling may have lacked and that stoner handled the situation admirably and you come out with all this girly yellow panty
and for the record
Dingo rookie year: crashed his brains out,
Rossi rookie year, 2nd in the world championship.

might be before your time but maybe you should look up one Michael Doohan knocking everybody off at Donnington Park. I sure as know that Schwantz and co didn't come with the "your ambition outweighed your talent" BS
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:25 PM   #78
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
you wanna lecture me on a carbon fibre Monocoque frame
PS it doesn't matter how much you read cause you're so full of hate that your ability to absorb or even entertain impartial reporting has long since evaporated.
We acknowledge Rossi was at fault, that the marshalling may have lacked and that stoner handled the situation admirably and you come out with all this girly yellow panty
and for the record
Dingo rookie year: crashed his brains out,
Rossi rookie year, 2nd in the world championship.

might be before your time but maybe you should look up one Michael Doohan knocking everybody off at Donnington Park. I sure as know that Schwantz and co didn't come with the "your ambition outweighed your talent" BS
Dood, you are a rossi lover and you don't know your championships and positions.

When was this that rossi got second in his rookie year? 125? 250? 500? GP? Privater?

Are you seriously comparing them? Man, awesome I can see you feel the pain lol

How is it that everytime we talk about Rossi vs stoner you always come with other battles, you can gith your own?

YOu remind me of the little chit in elementary that always called his big brother or to fight his battles

So if his ambition didn't outweighed his talent in this incident then what? Did he make the pass? Is there another race where he made the pass? man i missed that.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #79
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

So much hate in this thread.

Only 3.5 more weeks till the next round.

Carry on...
Old 04-07-2011, 06:21 AM   #80
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):

gay lovers.

stoner just rammed him so he could get on top. thats what really happened.

Advertisement