MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #21
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
I think it's kinda funny people on sportbikes riding out to twisty roads to do double and triple the limit are about cyclists not always following the law.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anger managment needed towards bicyclists kingworm General Discussion (Moto Related) 47 03-11-2014 09:04 AM
Biker Plows Into Bicyclists (VIDEO) ormand General Discussion (Moto Related) 84 05-02-2013 08:52 AM
motorcycle crashes into bicyclists chasee69 Off Topic 10 04-30-2013 06:53 AM
WOMAN RUNS OVER BICYCLISTS FastLine Off Topic 3 08-11-2006 02:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2011, 10:25 AM   #22
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess View Post
I think it's kinda funny people on sportbikes riding out to twisty roads to do double and triple the limit are about cyclists not always following the law.
Hey! You shut your mouth. I'm entitled and I own the roads and everyone sucks but me!
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #23
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Hey! You shut your mouth. I'm entitled and I own the roads and everyone sucks but me!

I like the road tax as well. Nevermind my roadbike cost more new than some people paid for their motorcycles. I think a 7-8k bikepays enough in taxes to use public roadways. We may not have to pat registration every year, but then again a 16lb bicycle isn't exactly tearing roads up.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #24
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):

Quote:
I like the road tax as well. Nevermind my roadbike cost more new than some people paid for their motorcycles. I think a 7-8k bikepays enough in taxes to use public roadways. We may not have to pat registration every year, but then again a 16lb bicycle isn't exactly tearing roads up.
thats like saying you should pay less in the buffet line because you're skinny.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #25
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
thats like saying you should pay less in the buffet line because you're skinny.
Since bicycles do zero harm to a roadway it would be like not paying for the buffet at all. . . . because you're not eating.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #26
ericlw
Banned

User is banned

ericlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #27
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Bike(s):

Quote:
Since bicycles do zero harm to a roadway it would be like not paying for the buffet at all. . . . because you're not eating.
so if a bunch of people walk into a buffet and loiter at the tables without ordering anything while the paying customers walk around for 10 minutes looking for a seat then thats ok?
Old 04-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #28
morvegil
Banned

Bike(s):
2008 Night Rod Special(s)
2008 1200 Sportster(s)
2008 Triumph Bonneville(w)
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2010 Ducati Streetfighter

User is banned

morvegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #29
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobounds View Post
so if a bunch of people walk into a buffet and loiter at the tables without ordering anything while the paying customers walk around for 10 minutes looking for a seat then thats ok?
If they're told by the restaurant they are perfectly welcome there, then sure.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:49 AM   #30

Bike(s):
SV650

If you don't like the cyclist's go around them. I have always been perplexed at the inability of a vehicle operator driving what is capable of doing 0-60 in under 10 seconds to pass a cyclist who maybe rolling at 10-15 miles per hour. For the most part 90% of the people operating a motor vehicle should have taken some type of training or passed a test that would offer tips on what to do with slower moving traffic. It shows a lack of driving skill or a complete disregard of training if you can't figure out how to pass what may occupy a 5' by 2' area rolling 20 -40 mph slower than traffic.

If I am not mistaken bicyclists pay taxes anytime they go out and purchase anything from a store. There is probably some sales tax that goes to the state or city that gets routed to fund some roads that bicyclists never get to enjoy. Memorial between downtown and Shepherd comes to mind (not that it is any fun when people are whipping by you at 30 over the limit), and the only time I have ridden my bicycle on a freeway have been during floods and hurricane evacuations I love passing cars on my bicycle it drives the cagers nuts. To some degree all consumers also pay the operating taxes on the trucking industry that delivers the goods to whatever store they make purchases from it is rolled into the price. So unless thestinkfoothippybicyclist is not consuming er buying they probably are paying some form of road tax.
#328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #31
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Bike(s):

Quote:
If they're told by the restaurant they are perfectly welcome there, then sure.
well that sounds real fair for the customers trying to sit down.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #32
Yillbs

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2007 Ninja 650R ( SOLD )
2012 FZ6R
2016 R6

Member Garage

eh? i like the bike guys, they always wave a friendly hello to me, i have yet to see any riding more than even 1 wide like you guys are talking about though. And as far as the taxes, sales tax? everyone pays sales tax, the purpose of taxes is to help pay for the roads, and keep them nice and pretty. the bikes get to USE the road, so they should pay, even if it's just $10 a year, they basically don't have to yield to anyone, when the people yeilding to THEM have to pay road taxes. but on a sidenote, if everyone pays road taxes, why are the roads in houston so messed up? go!
Old 04-04-2011, 11:53 AM   #33
Vegas Kid

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

All this talk about taxes....you are an idiot if you actually think they spend your tax money on roads instead of welfare and illegal gimmigrants...

Most "road" money is from federal grants...not local taxes.

I got no issue with bicycles on the road, they run a risk of getting hit by cagers just like we do.
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #34
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
they run a risk of getting hit by motorcycles just like we do.
fify
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #35
chevy42083

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlw View Post
whats funny is that when their is a bicycle lane or whatever they ride outside on the car side of it.lol.
Depends on how much trash is in the bike lane. If i have to constantly swerve into the lane of traffic... I'll just stay in it. This goes back to the "Farthest right as safely possible" thing I mentioned earlier.
chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #36
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

Quote:
Originally Posted by #328 View Post
If you don't like the cyclist's go around them. I have always been perplexed at the inability of a vehicle operator driving what is capable of doing 0-60 in under 10 seconds to pass a cyclist who maybe rolling at 10-15 miles per hour. For the most part 90% of the people operating a motor vehicle should have taken some type of training or passed a test that would offer tips on what to do with slower moving traffic. It shows a lack of driving skill or a complete disregard of training if you can't figure out how to pass what may occupy a 5' by 2' area rolling 20 -40 mph slower than traffic.

If I am not mistaken bicyclists pay taxes anytime they go out and purchase anything from a store. There is probably some sales tax that goes to the state or city that gets routed to fund some roads that bicyclists never get to enjoy. Memorial between downtown and Shepherd comes to mind (not that it is any fun when people are whipping by you at 30 over the limit), and the only time I have ridden my bicycle on a freeway have been during floods and hurricane evacuations I love passing cars on my bicycle it drives the cagers nuts. To some degree all consumers also pay the operating taxes on the trucking industry that delivers the goods to whatever store they make purchases from it is rolled into the price. So unless thestinkfoothippybicyclist is not consuming er buying they probably are paying some form of road tax.
Then I say license bicyclists for road riding. Anbody else has to get a license to legally drive on our roadways.
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:37 PM   #37
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

GAY.....

That is all
VicTOEmizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #38

Bike(s):
SV650

I may be an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
All this talk about taxes....you are an idiot if you actually think they spend your tax money on roads instead of welfare and illegal gimmigrants...

Most "road" money is from federal grants...not local taxes.
I think most of my income tax money is spent paying off interest from debt that was racked up back in the 60's-80's with the Cold War and the War on Drugs.

Your tax money that you believe to be spent on welfare and illegal gimmigrants (sp) with any luck may be paid off by your children's children unless of course something better pops up. Like feasibility studies for trips to Mars for mining purposes, war with or in Mexico regarding drugs the pharma companies don't like, or better yet to invade Canada there is oil in them there hills up north and it is hella closer than just about any other oil producing country.

I was actually thinking the Grocers supply truck that delivers groceries to the local grocery store paid their vehicle's taxes so they could continue to operate legally. I was thinking the UPS truck that drops off bike parts at the store may also pay taxes on it's vehicle similar to the taxes that get paid on your or my motor vehicle. And no one can get away from the gas tax, unless of course you are running that new super secret bad engine that runs off of unicorns and rainbows. Iirc even biodiesel or the waste veggie diesel is supposed to pay some sort of gas tax. All of those taxes get rolled into the final cost passed onto the consumer bicyclist or motorist.

In addition to that I never drive to the grocery store why the do I have to pay for the property taxes on that big parking lot? That gets passed onto the consumer I don't have some 4000lb paperweight sucking up space that could be leased out to someone or something else. I can lock up to the light pole by the street, I don't wanna pay for a parking lot that is empty 80% of the time.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:42 PM   #39
zerobounds
Captain Concussion

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by #328 View Post
I think most of my income tax money is spent paying off interest from debt that was racked up back in the 60's-80's with the Cold War and the War on Drugs.

Your tax money that you believe to be spent on welfare and illegal gimmigrants (sp) with any luck may be paid off by your children's children unless of course something better pops up. Like feasibility studies for trips to Mars for mining purposes, war with or in Mexico regarding drugs the pharma companies don't like, or better yet to invade Canada there is oil in them there hills up north and it is hella closer than just about any other oil producing country.

I was actually thinking the Grocers supply truck that delivers groceries to the local grocery store paid their vehicle's taxes so they could continue to operate legally. I was thinking the UPS truck that drops off bike parts at the store may also pay taxes on it's vehicle similar to the taxes that get paid on your or my motor vehicle. And no one can get away from the gas tax, unless of course you are running that new super secret bad engine that runs off of unicorns and rainbows. Iirc even biodiesel or the waste veggie diesel is supposed to pay some sort of gas tax. All of those taxes get rolled into the final cost passed onto the consumer bicyclist or motorist.

In addition to that I never drive to the grocery store why the do I have to pay for the property taxes on that big parking lot? That gets passed onto the consumer I don't have some 4000lb paperweight sucking up space that could be leased out to someone or something else. I can lock up to the light pole by the street, I don't wanna pay for a parking lot that is empty 80% of the time.
I stopped reading at Cold War.

Try again.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #40

Bike(s):
SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Then I say license bicyclists for road riding. Anbody else has to get a license to legally drive on our roadways.
I am, how about you?

I have also been pulled over on a bicycle on more than one occasion they always ask the same questions. Do you know why I pulled you over and may I see your drivers license. In Houston you are supposed to get a bike permit from the Houston Fire Department. Cops on the other hand never check to see if you have one. I have done my part for following the rules.

Advertisement