MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #21
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

Sorry for your losses. You husband and son both sound like they were good men.

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rider down 610 / T.C. Jester Schmidie Off Topic 23 04-27-2013 06:47 PM
rider down at 45-S/610-W DirtyBoy General Discussion (Moto Related) 66 07-31-2010 06:02 AM
Rider Down on 610 GSXR FTW General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 01-28-2008 12:21 PM
610 rider 05cbreezy636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 10-31-2005 07:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #22
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 7

R.I.P. brother.
jimrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #23
wesleh

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
08 R6

I'm sorry for your loss. your family will be in my prayers! bless
wesleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #24
autobot09r1
Dats Wassup

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R1

very touching and very much needed for all thanks so much
autobot09r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #25
Versatile337
They call me V or Franco

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 GSX-R 750 (Blk/Matte Blk)

Member Garage

Reading his life story really made me identify with him.
I too went to catholic school, had a high IQ, and worked for a soda company, Coca-Cola. We would have had so much to talk about. I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope you know that by you sharing his story with us that he lives on in all our memories.
Versatile337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #26
NitroHonda
Deaf

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 1000k6
2003 Kawasaki ZX6R -- trackbike
2009 ZX14 -- STOLEN -- never recovered
2008 Hayabusa -- STOLEN -- frame recovered

I saw your post at 5am or so... I had myself a great day riding up and down Lime Creek several times at a brisk pace. I rode with a heavy heart. I thought of your family a lot. I thought of my young children. Most of all, I thought of you, R3VAN's mom. I stopped off at an overview of the lake. I gave your family quite a few moments of well-deserved silence. May your family rest in peace and you find peace...

I also hope you find your way back on a motorcycle someday. The open road is everything to me. It sounds like it also was to R3VAN and his father...
NitroHonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:29 AM   #27
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

Sorry for your loss. You, and your family are in our prayers.
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:31 AM   #28
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile337 View Post
Reading his life story really made me identify with him.
I too went to catholic school, had a high IQ, and worked for a soda company, Coca-Cola. We would have had so much to talk about. I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope you know that by you sharing his story with us that he lives on in all our memories.
Thank you for such kind words! It means so much! I hope by sharing my sons story, that young teens and adults alike will think about my son before getting on their bikes, and to remember to become more vigilant and assume that the vehicles all around could and will do something...anything to cause an accident. I will be starting an annual ride in honor of my son and all those we have lost on motorcycle accidents to remember and honor them, I hope that is something you will be able to attend. I will keep you posted as the time nears.

I too wish you had met my son, I think you would have it it off =)

May Bless you and keep you safe as you ride to and from your destination and always.

~R3VAN'S MOM
R3VAN'S MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:53 AM   #29
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I saw your post at 5am or so... I had myself a great day riding up and down Lime Creek several times at a brisk pace. I rode with a heavy heart. I thought of your family a lot. I thought of my young children. Most of all, I thought of you, R3VAN's mom. I stopped off at an overview of the lake. I gave your family quite a few moments of well-deserved silence. May your family rest in peace and you find peace...

I also hope you find your way back on a motorcycle someday. The open road is everything to me. It sounds like it also was to R3VAN and his father...
Thank you as well for the kind words and warm thoughts. Your kind words have touched me. R3VAN aka Charles is an amazing son, brother and friend, he is my backbone...my rock. In a sense I am still in denial, I haven't been able to accept his passing...I'm just not quite there yet, as I still expect to see him come home and walk through the front door, perhaps in time I will accept it.

When my husband was struck by that vehicle on June 7, 2007, I held him in my arms in shock...in disbelief and when he left me, I swore I would never ride again, and it was R3VAN whom told me "Dad did what he loved doing and he wouldn't want you to stop riding, he would want you to be afraid, dad would want you to respect that machine but not to be afraid of it" Well, it took me 3 years to finally get back on my Harley again with the help of R3VAN, he pulled the bike out for me, cleaned it and he helped me with those baby steps, and he stayed right next to me the entire time, but this time it really hit closer to home, I lost my first born...my baby boy, so even though I know he would want me to continue riding (And I hear those same words I heard from him when my husband died) it's too painful, perhaps on the annual rides to honor my son and all those we have lost to motorcycle accident I will ride for him, My husband and my son as well as myself loved riding in the open road, as you know it a feeling we just can't explain, and even though I must hang my gloves.

Thank you once again. May Bless you too and keep you safe during all your rides and always.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Old 04-05-2011, 09:44 AM   #30
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

I am really happy that you came in here and got things straight!

This is why when I see an RIP thread i dont assume, i think of them like if it was me or my family... weather they did something wrong or not.

reading all your post has been really hard and I hope that you find peace one day,

I can say this... your husband and your son passed away doing what they love doing... they left this world happy (i know i would had if it was me)

You have a bless day and be with you... one day you will get to see them.
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #31
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Being a husband and a father this thread really brings me to my knees. I cant even begin to imagine what you are going through, or where these tragedies will take you. My only words will be prayers and well wishes for such an awful time in your life, and I hope you can find some comfort in the Lord and knowing that time heals all wounds.
RIP Charles Travis Edward Uresti
Old 04-05-2011, 10:34 AM   #32
ochiwon
likes tire walls

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (sold)
2005 Ninja 500 (sold)
Honda 954RR streetfighter!!

thank you

Bless you. I hope sharing your son's storying helps to bring you peace. My parents did the same when they lost their first born daughter, my sister, on October 13, 2010... sometimes it still feels like just yesterday. I know nothing I can say can make it better, or bring him back, but know that i send my deepest condolences to you and your family. One day at a time..

I'll do my best to never put my family through the same pain, thank you for taking the time and mustering the strength to tell us about your son.
ochiwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:08 AM   #33
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd600 View Post
I am really happy that you came in here and got things straight!

This is why when I see an RIP thread i dont assume, i think of them like if it was me or my family... weather they did something wrong or not.

reading all your post has been really hard and I hope that you find peace one day,

I can say this... your husband and your son passed away doing what they love doing... they left this world happy (i know i would had if it was me)

You have a bless day and be with you... one day you will get to see them.
Thank you. That is what keeps me sane...the thought of knowing that I will seeing them again one day.
They did leave this world doing what they loved...and that was riding the open rode =)

Please be safe when riding! May protect you and keep you safe to and from every destination.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Old 04-07-2011, 02:17 AM   #34
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochiwon View Post
Bless you. I hope sharing your son's storying helps to bring you peace. My parents did the same when they lost their first born daughter, my sister, on October 13, 2010... sometimes it still feels like just yesterday. I know nothing I can say can make it better, or bring him back, but know that i send my deepest condolences to you and your family. One day at a time..

I'll do my best to never put my family through the same pain, thank you for taking the time and mustering the strength to tell us about your son.
Thank you. I am so sorry for your loss. There is just no comparison when you lose a child, it's a pain that you will ALWAYS have and the grief will always be there, I guess we will in time just learn to deal.

I must admit sharing my sons story has helped me so much and if I can help save just one person by telling my sons story its worth talking about it. That one call is every parents nightmare. Thanks again for your kind words and warm thoughts.

May Bless you, protect you and keep you safe to and from every destination...always.

~R3VAN'S MOM

Advertisement