MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
R3VAN'S MOM

Feedback Rating: (0)

MOTHER Of DECEASED RIDER ON 610 - THANK YOU!

Thank you to all whom have responded to my thread regarding my son with warm thoughts and kind words. It has meant so much to me and my family, especially to R3VAN'S little brother. My son and husband lived to serve and protect, and I know that is exactly what they are still doing now, they are just doing it from above. I pray that the 2 most important men in my life whom I love are the guardian angels of all whom are riding men and women alike, may they be with you all.

Please be safe when out there riding, May Bless you all and keep you safe when riding and in all you do.

~R3VAN'S MOM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My name is Janie, I am the mother of the 21 year old young man whom died on loop 610 off TC Jester/Ella, on February 13, 2011. I came across a forum titled "RIP Rider on 610, and it saddens me to read the treads on here regarding my son Charles aka R3VAN to most of his friends. I wish individuals as well as the Media would actually get the story straight and wait for a police report before making any comments or accusations, especially when it involves the death of someone's loved one.

I needed closure regarding my son's death in order to accept the loss of my son, therefore I requested a copy of the police report as well as to see the trans-cams on the freeway. My son did EVERYTHING RIGHT! He took the proper motorcycle course before buying his bike and at the time of the accident he also had the appropriate gear, helmet, jacket, pants, boots etc...

Early on the morning of February 13, 2011, my son left to ride with the Houston Gixxers, my son was already on his way home from an all day ride (He was minutes from home) when the accident accured, my son WAS NOT riding with a group of other motorcyclist, Please DO NOT assume that because you see more than one motorcycle on the freeway that they are all riding together in one group and he WAS NOT weaving in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed! My son was the one whom was side-swiped by a vehicle, which caused another vehicle to strike him from behind, which caused him to lose control of his bike where 610 curves! When my son ejected he slid several feet and he hit a construction sign and he broke his neck, that sign should not have been there in the first place! If that construction sign had not been there my son would still be here today!

My son was a remarkable son, he was my first born, he was caring, loving and he had a huge heart! He attended Queen of Peace Catholic School and he graduated from Mount Carmel Catholic High School at the age of 15, the teachers thought he had ADD and it was just that he was too advanced for 3rd grade, he was moved up from 3rd grade to 6th grade in a school year with a high IQ, upon graduating he wanted to join the Marine Corp, but was unable to because he was a minor. In 2007 I lost my husband also in a fatal motorcycle accident, he was a Harris County Sheriff's Deputy, my husband was struck and hit by a driver whom fled the accident scene, when my husband died my son was to enlist with the Marine Corp, but decided he needed to step up to the plate and become the man of the house to help me out and help care for his little brother, which he did, he took on a full time job at Dr.Pepper and also attended college, he didn't drink, smoke or go out to clubs and bars, it was just work and school, and once in a while he enjoyed taking his bike out for a ride, which didn't happen too often due to work and school, he was known to all whom knew him as "GRANDPA" because he was so cautious when riding and he was always the last one at the tail end when riding (He was so cautious since my husbands passing) he knew not to be afraid of the bike but to respect it, and I know first hand how my son rode because I myself ride a Harley, and we all rode together as a family.

My sons dream to become a United States Marine finally came true, he was scheduled to ship out on March 21, 2011, he wanted nothing more than to serve and protect his country so that we could all be free, AND that is exactly what he did! He became a Marine for YOU AND ME! So please do not sit there and judge MY SON when you don't know him or the entire story of what happened that tragic evening. I was at the accident scene on that terrible evening and it killed me to see my son laying there on the freeway helpless, motionless, lifeless and there was not a darn thing I could do for my baby boy and to come on here and read some of these negative post of my baby boy...it made me sick!! The next time some of you read about a fallen biker, think twice about what you are going to post on here, because you never know when someone else's mother, father, brother or sister will be on here reading about their loved one, maybe try putting yourself in our shoes.

A special Thank you to those of you whom posted kind words for my son and his family, we appreciated all the warm and kind postings.

One last note, please do not text and drive, that text you send could cause someone their life or a mother her child.

Those of you whom ride...please be cautious and be vigilant when riding....ALWAYS assume that the car next to you, in front of you or behind you can't see you. Bless you all in everything you do.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Marine Corp Charles Travis Uresti - You will be missed by all whose lives you touched.
RIP Baby Boy - Mommy loves you and misses you so much!
R3VAN'S MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rider down 610 / T.C. Jester Schmidie Off Topic 23 04-27-2013 06:47 PM
rider down at 45-S/610-W DirtyBoy General Discussion (Moto Related) 66 07-31-2010 06:02 AM
Rider Down on 610 GSXR FTW General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 01-28-2008 12:21 PM
610 rider 05cbreezy636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 10-31-2005 07:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
camaroz2866

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2008 cbr1000rr

Very sad story. It's the life we choose when choosing to ride. It's a chance we all take even I'n a car. We choose to live life to it's fullest an live every day a if it's our last. He passed doing what he loved doing. Rip
Old 04-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #3
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Sorry for your loss.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:35 PM   #4
texasgiant815
The biggest on 2 wheels

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07' GSXR-600

Member Garage

He rests in peace because he knew that he had a mom that loved him so much and he is watching over all of his loved ones. I did not know him but I pray for him and you.

ohnoes416234
texasgiant815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #5
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgiant815 View Post
He rests in peace because he knew that he had a mom that loved him so much and he is watching over all of his loved ones. I did not know him but I pray for him and you.
Thank you sweetie that means a lot. My baby was is an AMAZING son =) I wish you could have known him. Please feel free to take a look at his photo's on his FaceBook page, I will be happy to accept your friend request if you have an account, the photos and comment alone will tell you what an amazing son and friend he was. If you would like feel free to sign his guest book as well, as I print it weekly. If you google his name Charles Travis Edward Uresti the link to his guest book will show.

Thank you once again and May Bless and protect you in all you do.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Old 04-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #6
TexasCBR1000rr
Honda Rules

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2006 HONDA CBR 1000RR

Member Garage

sry for your loss may he rest in peace
Old 04-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #7
Crimson Ghost
Squid Shcity.

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
07 R6

I work right at TC Jester and 610...heard about this from a co-worker. RIP rider, prayers go out to the rider's family.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:21 PM   #8
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Thank you for sharing your son's story with us. We see many RIP threads and sometimes falsely accuse the cager because it suits us, or the rider if we don't like the bike or group he's riding with.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your husband and son, I can't imagine how hard that must be. (I used to attend mass at Queen of Peace many years ago.) will grant you strength. Your family is in my prayers.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:00 PM   #9
zimmer

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Honda CBR 1000
2010 Honda Sabre

I am sorry for your loss. Both Husband and Son is very tragic. You are in my prayers.
zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #10
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
Thank you for sharing your son's story with us. We see many RIP threads and sometimes falsely accuse the cager because it suits us, or the rider if we don't like the bike or group he's riding with.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your husband and son, I can't imagine how hard that must be. (I used to attend mass at Queen of Peace many years ago.) will grant you strength. Your family is in my prayers.
Thank you! They were both amazing men in their own way. They lived to protect and serve and I truly believe they are still doing that from heaven, they are the guardian angels to all bikers here on earth and I'm sure they will be there for those fallen bikers as well. Below is a link to something my son posted on the My350Z forum about my husbands passing if you are interested in reading it.

My prayers to all bikers, those here and those whom have left us.

Ride with caution. May Bless you and keep you safe.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Old 04-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #11
R3VAN'S MOM

http://my350z.com/forum/texas/277176...ospital-4.html

The link to my sons posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3VAN
I know this has nothing to do with the 350Z, but I wanted as many people to read this as possible. My dad is a Harley Davidson fanatic! He is also a Harris County Sheriffs Deputy. He's been riding since he was 16. He was attending the ROT Rally out in Austin, Texas (Coming from Houston).

They arrived last Thursday and everything went great, but the next day on Friday as he, my mom, and a friend of thiers, were riding (on the outskirts of downtown Austin) a car was speeding along behind them and was trying to pass. This whole time the car is behind my mom so my dad slows down to prevent this car from coming between them and seperating him from my mom (she's very clumsy so he's ALWAYS trying to protect her) and when he does this the car starts speeding around them and cuts back onto their lane and he clips the front tire of my dads bike and my dad lost it and flipped the bike repeatedly, hit the concrete, and flew out onto the side of the road into the grass and trees.

He was life-flighted to Brackenridge (something like that) in downtown Austin real close to the University of Texas. He is currently in the ICU in a coma. They had to do surgery on him and ended up taking out a part of his brain and removing a piece of his skull to relieve some of the pressure in his head since the brain started swelling. A few days ago the Doctors told us he only had a few hours to live and for us to say our goodbyes, and as hard as that was most of us somehow managed to do it. Then a few hours later he decides hes not ready to die and manages to slightly improve. That was Saturday or Sunday night I believe (I havent been able to get much sleep so excuse my spelling and the not-so-pinpoint dates) and he has been holding on ever since.

A few hours ago the Doctors tell my mom that there is no chance of recovery (again) and that he is going to die (again). They also tell her that she needs to let go of him and let him die peacefully, that she is just pro-longing his death. She wants to hold out for a few more days before she even thinks about making a decision.

The doctors have done everything they can do, and the only thing we have left is prayer. All I ask, even though you all dont know him, is that you all pray for him please. His name is John Rodriguez. Please, prayer is the only chance we have left.

Charles Uresti

(Also, the car that clipped my dad never even bothered to stop or call for help, he or she just kept on going)

Last edited by a forum moderator; 04-03-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #12
Longdraw

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2007 KTM EXC 525
2007 VFR800, Interceptor
2003 Husky TE610/e-sold
2000 Husky TE410/e-sold
1998 Husky TE410-sold

Sorry for your loss. He sounds like an amazing son. You are in my prayers and bless you and your family.
Longdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #13
chasee69
ballin' outta control!

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
CRF 50

sounds like an amazing man. sorry for both of your losses

ducatisignature
chasee69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:05 PM   #14
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasee69 View Post
sounds like an amazing man. sorry for both of your losses
Thank you, he is an amazing man. I have decided to hang my gloves up, this has it too close to home a second time, I can't handle anymore loss because of a motorcycle accident. If you ride I ask that you please be safe out there on the road and may Bless you and keep you safe where ever you go.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Old 04-03-2011, 04:06 PM   #15
the mother

Bike(s):
Kawi 08 250r

Member Garage

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I to ride and so does my son and youngest daughter. They also race ,. I pray everytime they go to a race. I can't imagine life with out either one of them. I will pray for your husband and son, they sound like really great people and someone you would want to really know. BLESS ALL OF YOU....
Old 04-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #16
Gardo

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2003 Suzuki DRZ400E
12 GT 3.0 GTR
11 Giant Talon 29er1
15 Polaris RZR 4 900

Sorry for your losses. Your family will be in my prayers. Bless
Gardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #17
babymilo36
Occupy Central

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Specialized Allez Elite

Member Garage

He sounds like an EXTREMELY great son... I'm extremely sorry for your loss and your family is in my prayers as well.

CMRA #620
Wreck it Pandas #68
babymilo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #18
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mother View Post
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I to ride and so does my son and youngest daughter. They also race ,. I pray everytime they go to a race. I can't imagine life with out either one of them. I will pray for your husband and son, they sound like really great people and someone you would want to really know. BLESS ALL OF YOU....
Thank you Linda for your kind words and warm thoughts, They are both amazing men, and I say are because though they are not here physically, they are here spiritually, and they are still doing what they did best, they are protecting and serving Christ and the gates of heaven.

I miss my son a great deal, of course I also miss my husband but NOTHING compares to losing your child, when he left this world he took my heart with him, since losing him on February 13, 2011 I have become a different person, I look forward until the day I can see my baby boy again and hold him close.

What I say to all parents is all we can do is love our children unconditionally, see our children off, pray for them and place them in 's Hands, But ALWAYS tell them just how much we love them every waking moment, because tomorrow is not promised. Our children should be the ones to bury us, not us parents bury our children, but as we can see it just doesn't always happen that way.

If you would like you can take a look at my sons Facebook page and I will be happy to accept your friend request, you can see on there that he was so loved by all who knew him, and please sign his guest book if you can, I would really appreciate it. If you google his name Charles Travis Edward Uresti you will see the link to his guest book.

http://my350z.com/forum/texas/277176...ospital-4.html

Above is a link to what my son posted about my husband in 2007, if you're interested in reading it.

Thank you once again for your warm thoughts and kind words. May Bless you and your children and keep you safe when riding.

R3VAN'S MOM
~Janie
Old 04-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #19
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardo View Post
Sorry for your losses. Your family will be in my prayers. Bless
Thank you, it means a lot to hear and read. Bless you and keep you safe when out there riding.

R3VAN'S MOM
Old 04-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #20
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymilo36 View Post
He sounds like an EXTREMELY great son... I'm extremely sorry for your loss and your family is in my prayers as well.
Thank you he is, it means a lot to hear and read the kind words and warm thoughts.
Bless you and keep you safe when riding.

R3VAN'S MOM

Advertisement