MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 02:22 AM   #1
R3VAN'S MOM

Feedback Rating: (0)

RIP Rider on 610

My name is Janie, I am the mother of the 21 year old young man whom died on loop 610 off TC Jester/Ella, on February 13, 2011. I came across a forum titled "RIP Rider on 610, and it saddens me to read the treads on here regarding my son Charles aka R3VAN to most of his friends. I wish individuals as well as the Media would actually get the story straight and wait for a police report before making any comments or accusations, especially when it involves the death of someone's loved one.

I needed closure regarding my son's death in order to accept the loss of my son, therefore I requested a copy of the police report as well as to see the trans-cams on the freeway. My son did EVERYTHING RIGHT! He took the proper motorcycle course before buying his bike and at the time of the accident he also had the appropriate gear, helmet, jacket, pants, boots etc...

Early on the morning of February 13, 2011, my son left to ride with the Houston Gixxers, my son was already on his way home from an all day ride (He was minutes from home) when the accident accured, my son WAS NOT riding with a group of other motorcyclist, Please DO NOT assume that because you see more than one motorcycle on the freeway that they are all riding together in one group and he WAS NOT weaving in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed! My son was the one whom was side-swiped by a vehicle, which caused another vehicle to strike him from behind, which caused him to lose control of his bike where 610 curves! When my son ejected he slid several feet and he hit a construction sign and he broke his neck, that sign should not have been there in the first place! If that construction sign had not been there my son would still be here today!

My son was a remarkable son, he was my first born, he was caring, loving and he had a huge heart! He attended Queen of Peace Catholic School and he graduated from Mount Carmel Catholic High School at the age of 15, the teachers thought he had ADD and it was just that he was too advanced for 3rd grade, he was moved up from 3rd grade to 6th grade in a school year with a high IQ, upon graduating he wanted to join the Marine Corp, but was unable to because he was a minor. In 2007 I lost my husband also in a fatal motorcycle accident, he was a Harris County Sheriff's Deputy, my husband was struck and hit by a driver whom fled the accident scene, when my husband died my son was to enlist with the Marine Corp, but decided he needed to step up to the plate and become the man of the house to help me out and help care for his little brother, which he did, he took on a full time job at Dr.Pepper and also attended college, he didn't drink, smoke or go out to clubs and bars, it was just work and school, and once in a while he enjoyed taking his bike out for a ride, which didn't happen too often due to work and school, he was known to all whom knew him as "GRANDPA" because he was so cautious when riding and he was always the last one at the tail end when riding (He was so cautious since my husbands passing) he knew not to be afraid of the bike but to respect it, and I know first hand how my son rode because I myself ride a Harley, and we all rode together as a family.

My sons dream to become a United States Marine finally came true, he was scheduled to ship out on March 21, 2011, he wanted nothing more than to serve and protect his country so that we could all be free, AND that is exactly what he did! He became a Marine for YOU AND ME! So please do not sit there and judge MY SON when you don't know him or the entire story of what happened that tragic evening. I was at the accident scene on that terrible evening and it killed me to see my son laying there on the freeway helpless, motionless, lifeless and there was not a darn thing I could do for my baby boy and to come on here and read some of these negative post of my baby boy...it made me sick!! The next time some of you read about a fallen biker, think twice about what you are going to post on here, because you never know when someone else's mother, father, brother or sister will be on here reading about their loved one, maybe try putting yourself in our shoes.

A special Thank you to those of you whom posted kind words for my son and his family, we appreciated all the warm and kind postings.

One last note, please do not text and drive, that text you send could cause someone their life or a mother her child.

Those of you whom ride...please be cautious and be vigilant when riding....ALWAYS assume that the car next to you, in front of you or behind you can't see you. Bless you all in everything you do.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Marine Corp Charles Travis Uresti - You will be missed by all whose lives you touch.
RIP Baby Boy - Mommy loves you and misses you so much!
R3VAN'S MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rider down 610 and Ella. kbexperience General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 03-21-2014 03:22 PM
rider down 610 yesterday CDN_bacon General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 04-30-2012 06:04 AM
RIP rider on 610. Perf_White_GT General Discussion (Moto Related) 136 04-03-2011 02:07 PM
Rider Down on 610 GSXR FTW General Discussion (Moto Related) 51 01-28-2008 12:21 PM
610 rider 05cbreezy636 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 10-31-2005 07:01 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2011, 02:39 AM   #2
TiemannR6
Friendswood

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
03 R6- Sold
'09 Daytona 675

Sorry for your loss. And i'm sure that no one meant to offend you and your family in the things they said, although i have not read it all. I do know what KTRK quoted the police and witnesses saying there was a group traveling at high speed, but i know how news stations are and how the general public views motorcycles. Always think they are going 120 MPH. It is terrible when people blow things out of proportion and end up causing more hurt to the family and friends of a loved one.

Once again, sorry for your loss and for any comments made in this community that offended you.
TiemannR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:01 AM   #3
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiemannR6 View Post
Sorry for your loss. And i'm sure that no one meant to offend you and your family in the things they said, although i have not read it all. I do know what KTRK quoted the police and witnesses saying there was a group traveling at high speed, but i know how news stations are and how the general public views motorcycles. Always think they are going 120 MPH. It is terrible when people blow things out of proportion and end up causing more hurt to the family and friends of a loved one.

Once again, sorry for your loss and for any comments made in this community that offended you.
Thank you sweetie for your kind words. The media has a lot of fault in this, they stop and talk to a few people on the side of the freeway and in hopes of talking to the news media people will say anything and the media runs with it and it's not right.

Thank you once again for the kind words.

R3VAN'S MOM
Old 04-03-2011, 03:03 AM   #4
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3VAN'S MOM View Post
My name is Janie, I am the mother of the 21 year old young man whom died on loop 610 off TC Jester/Ella, on February 13, 2011. I came across a forum titled "RIP Rider on 610, and it saddens me to read the treads on here regarding my son Charles aka R3VAN to most of his friends. I wish individuals as well as the Media would actually get the story straight and wait for a police report before making any comments or accusations, especially when it involves the death of someone's loved one.

I needed closure regarding my son's death in order to accept the loss of my son, therefore I requested a copy of the police report as well as to see the trans-cams on the freeway. My son did EVERYTHING RIGHT! He took the proper motorcycle course before buying his bike and at the time of the accident he also had the appropriate gear, helmet, jacket, pants, boots etc...

Early on the morning of February 13, 2011, my son left to ride with the Houston Gixxers, my son was already on his way home from an all day ride (He was minutes from home) when the accident accured, my son WAS NOT riding with a group of other motorcyclist, Please DO NOT assume that because you see more than one motorcycle on the freeway that they are all riding together in one group and he WAS NOT weaving in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed! My son was the one whom was side-swiped by a vehicle, which caused another vehicle to strike him from behind, which caused him to lose control of his bike where 610 curves! When my son ejected he slid several feet and he hit a construction sign and he broke his neck, that sign should not have been there in the first place! If that construction sign had not been there my son would still be here today!

My son was a remarkable son, he was my first born, he was caring, loving and he had a huge heart! He attended Queen of Peace Catholic School and he graduated from Mount Carmel Catholic High School at the age of 15, the teachers thought he had ADD and it was just that he was too advanced for 3rd grade, he was moved up from 3rd grade to 6th grade in a school year with a high IQ, upon graduating he wanted to join the Marine Corp, but was unable to because he was a minor. In 2007 I lost my husband also in a fatal motorcycle accident, he was a Harris County Sheriff's Deputy, my husband was struck and hit by a driver whom fled the accident scene, when my husband died my son was to enlist with the Marine Corp, but decided he needed to step up to the plate and become the man of the house to help me out and help care for his little brother, which he did, he took on a full time job at Dr.Pepper and also attended college, he didn't drink, smoke or go out to clubs and bars, it was just work and school, and once in a while he enjoyed taking his bike out for a ride, which didn't happen too often due to work and school, he was known to all whom knew him as "GRANDPA" because he was so cautious when riding and he was always the last one at the tail end when riding (He was so cautious since my husbands passing) he knew not to be afraid of the bike but to respect it, and I know first hand how my son rode because I myself ride a Harley, and we all rode together as a family.

My sons dream to become a United States Marine finally came true, he was scheduled to ship out on March 21, 2011, he wanted nothing more than to serve and protect his country so that we could all be free, AND that is exactly what he did! He became a Marine for YOU AND ME! So please do not sit there and judge MY SON when you don't know him or the entire story of what happened that tragic evening. I was at the accident scene on that terrible evening and it killed me to see my son laying there on the freeway helpless, motionless, lifeless and there was not a darn thing I could do for my baby boy and to come on here and read some of these negative post of my baby boy...it made me sick!! The next time some of you read about a fallen biker, think twice about what you are going to post on here, because you never know when someone else's mother, father, brother or sister will be on here reading about their loved one, maybe try putting yourself in our shoes.

A special Thank you to those of you whom posted kind words for my son and his family, we appreciated all the warm and kind postings.

One last note, please do not text and drive, that text you send could cause someone their life or a mother her child.

Those of you whom ride...please be cautious and be vigilant when riding....ALWAYS assume that the car next to you, in front of you or behind you can't see you. Bless you all in everything you do.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Marine Corp Charles Travis Uresti - You will be missed by all whose lives you touch.
RIP Baby Boy - Mommy loves you and misses you so much!
I'm truly sorry for your loss.

I call for this to be a "STICKY" so everyone can finally understand to respect the fallen and not post dumb things in RIP threads, because as you can see, famiy members and loved ones do see this stuff.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:27 AM   #5
R3VAN'S MOM

Thank you New Rider I appreciate what you posted and you are absolutely correct, you just never know when or where family members are on the internet reading about their loved one, the only reason I came across this forum is because my son was a member and he spoke very highly of this site, he said the community was very close and tight and I wanted to read his profile and understand what he was talking about all this time, and boy was I surprised!
Thank you once again and PLEASE be safe out there when on the road; May Bless you and keep you safe always.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Old 04-03-2011, 03:39 AM   #6
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3VAN'S MOM View Post
Thank you New Rider I appreciate what you posted and you are absolutely correct, you just never know when or where family members are on the internet reading about their loved one, the only reason I came across this forum is because my son was a member and he spoke very highly of this site, he said the community was very close and tight and I wanted to read his profile and understand what he was talking about all this time, and boy was I surprised!
Thank you once again and PLEASE be safe out there when on the road; May Bless you and keep you safe always.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Thank you

and it's not a problem... Your son sounds like he was a great individual that was taken too soon.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:43 AM   #7
Renzo
I do not consent

Feedback Rating: (13)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
r6

Member Garage

Sorry for your loss. It saddens me that you also lost your husband riding. Its also sad the way the media portrayed it, the media assumes all sportbike riders are hooligans just because of a few bad apples. You will see we are very responsible riders on this forum. Welcome..
Renzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:57 AM   #8
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzo View Post
Sorry for your loss. It saddens me that you also lost your husband riding. Its also sad the way the media portrayed it, the media assumes all sportbike riders are hooligans just because of a few bad apples. You will see we are very responsible riders on this forum. Welcome..
Thank you! My son spoke very highly of this site, and yes I agree with you 100 percent! And it's not just the media, I'm sorry to say it's also a lot of people whom don't ride whom are driving on the freeway.

My son and my husband are truly missed and loved, they lived to protect and serve and I believe they are still protecting and serving, they are just doing it from above =)

Please be safe while riding and May Bless you and keep you safe.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Old 04-03-2011, 08:40 AM   #9
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Sorry for your loss
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #10
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

This isn't the first time a mother has come aboard to comment on a thread with "negative" comments here on mh after losing their son. I haven't read the other thread. I can only offer my condolances.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #11
proasian3

Feedback Rating: (5)

We are sorry for your loss. RIP. Godspeed to father and son.
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #12
bluewave18
Safety Third

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

I too am happy to see you here setting it straight. I me off when the media screws up the scenario and people here run with it and talk about the dead. What is the point? A life is lost and family may end up reading it. A simple RIP will do IMO. I hope reading the posts here will help in some way in your search for closure. He sounds like an amazing guy.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #13
jakeg

Feedback Rating: (7)

Sorry for your loss.
jakeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #14
Supa Dave
The Chupacabra

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
GSX-R 600
KX250 (sold)

Rip. Very sad to hear.

Ride safe guys/gals!
Old 04-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #15
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I too am happy to see you here setting it straight. I me off when the media screws up the scenario and people here run with it and talk about the dead. What is the point? A life is lost and family may end up reading it. A simple RIP will do IMO. I hope reading the posts here will help in some way in your search for closure. He sounds like an amazing guy.
Thank you sweetie that means a lot. My baby was is an AMAZING son =) He may not be here anymore to defend himself, but I his mother will be his voice and I will defend my baby for as long as I have breath in me. Please feel free to take a look at his photo's on his FaceBook page, I will be happy to accept your friend request if you have an account, the photos and comment alone will tell you what an amazing son and friend he was. If you would like feel free to sign his guest book as well, as I print it weekly. If you google his name Charles Travis Edward Uresti the link to his guest book will show.

Thank you once again and May Bless and protect you in all you do.

~R3VAN'S MOM
Old 04-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #16
BaylorNinja500
I miss this place

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 500R
2008 Zuma 125cc

This was very tough to read. I hope you have the support needed to continue dealing with the recent events.

And as a fellow rider yourself, it's surely difficult to deal with all this, especially since your son WAS fully geared up and doing the right thing. Wrong place, wrong time.

If you continue to ride yourself, i hope you still enjoy the wonderful feeling it gives, and you know all to well the risk/ reward it involves. Take care !
Old 04-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #17
M@tt
Platinum Member

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
09 - Gixxer 1000
06 - Gixxer 750 Track / Garage

Originally Posted by M@tt
Oh my .. I rode with this guy Sunday in the forest !!!

Rest In Peace Charles (Revan)

If you would like to attend and put another brother to rest the funeral is at Santana Funeral in Southeast Houston 7pm.

URESTI
CHARLES EDWARD T. URESTI (November 07, 1989 ? February 13, 2011) 21 years of age was born in Houston, Texas. He passed away on Sunday February 13, 2011 at 4:20 PM.
Charles is preceded in death by his Grandfather Alfredo Uresti, his uncle Edward Uresti and cousin Cynthia A. Chavez. Charles graduated from Our Lady of Mount Carmel in 2007. Charles leaves behind his parents Anselmo Uresti and Janie S. Santana, Bobby Lott and stepmother Diana Lott. Along with his brothers: Rudy Farias, Travis D. Lott, Bobby Austin Lott and sisters Jessica L. Lott and Donna Denise Lott. Grandparents ? Rosa S. Rodriguez, Concepcion Uresti, Jimmy Santana, Bobbie Gene Lott Parents- Ernest Hinojosa and Sylvia Sanchez-Lopez, and numerous Uncles, Aunts & Cousins. Charles' was due to arrive at the U.S.M.C. boot camp on March 21, 2011. His dream was to serve his country as a United States Marine. He wanted to proceed in his grandfathers steps, as a U.S. Marine.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they should mount up with wings as eagles they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.
Santana Funeral Directors
401 S/Sgt Macario Garcia Dr.
Houston, TX 77011
713-921-3000

Hello, I am Charles' R3VAN'S mom, I noticed you said you rode with my son that morning, Can you please send me a message and tell me how my sons day went, was he happy, did he have lunch that afternoon etc... Do you or anyone you know whom was on that ride have any photos of my son from that day? If you do may I please have copies? You can send them to janiesantana@aol.com, or call me at 713-503-6739 it would greatly be appreciated and it would mean a lot to me. Please say a special Thank You on my behalf to those riders whom attended my sons funeral and whom rode in the funeral procession.

Please ride safe and may be with you and keep you safe always.

~R3VAN'S MOM

I'm a member of HG and have rode with your son many times. I sorry for you loss. Revan was a great guy and true member to our site. Also sent you an email.

RIP Charles aka Revan
Old 04-04-2011, 07:41 AM   #18
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

I'm really sorry for your loss ma'am..
Bounce305 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:01 AM   #19
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M@tt View Post
Originally Posted by M@tt
Oh my .. I rode with this guy Sunday in the forest !!!

Rest In Peace Charles (Revan)

If you would like to attend and put another brother to rest the funeral is at Santana Funeral in Southeast Houston 7pm.

URESTI
CHARLES EDWARD T. URESTI (November 07, 1989 ? February 13, 2011) 21 years of age was born in Houston, Texas. He passed away on Sunday February 13, 2011 at 4:20 PM.
Charles is preceded in death by his Grandfather Alfredo Uresti, his uncle Edward Uresti and cousin Cynthia A. Chavez. Charles graduated from Our Lady of Mount Carmel in 2007. Charles leaves behind his parents Anselmo Uresti and Janie S. Santana, Bobby Lott and stepmother Diana Lott. Along with his brothers: Rudy Farias, Travis D. Lott, Bobby Austin Lott and sisters Jessica L. Lott and Donna Denise Lott. Grandparents ? Rosa S. Rodriguez, Concepcion Uresti, Jimmy Santana, Bobbie Gene Lott Parents- Ernest Hinojosa and Sylvia Sanchez-Lopez, and numerous Uncles, Aunts & Cousins. Charles' was due to arrive at the U.S.M.C. boot camp on March 21, 2011. His dream was to serve his country as a United States Marine. He wanted to proceed in his grandfathers steps, as a U.S. Marine.
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they should mount up with wings as eagles they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.
Santana Funeral Directors
401 S/Sgt Macario Garcia Dr.
Houston, TX 77011
713-921-3000

Hello, I am Charles' R3VAN'S mom, I noticed you said you rode with my son that morning, Can you please send me a message and tell me how my sons day went, was he happy, did he have lunch that afternoon etc... Do you or anyone you know whom was on that ride have any photos of my son from that day? If you do may I please have copies? You can send them to janiesantana@aol.com, or call me at 713-503-6739 it would greatly be appreciated and it would mean a lot to me. Please say a special Thank You on my behalf to those riders whom attended my sons funeral and whom rode in the funeral procession.

Please ride safe and may be with you and keep you safe always.

~R3VAN'S MOM

I'm a member of HG and have rode with your son many times. I sorry for you loss. Revan was a great guy and true member to our site. Also sent you an email.

RIP Charles aka Revan
Thank you SO MUCH!! I can't thank you enough!!!

~R3VAN'S MOM
Old 04-05-2011, 02:04 AM   #20
R3VAN'S MOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce305 View Post
I'm really sorry for your loss ma'am..
Thank you sweetie!

Please ride SAFE and be vigilant!
May Bless you to and from every destination...always!

~R3VAN'S MOM

Advertisement