MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2006, 01:25 PM   #21
Mrs. ~T~
formerly known as C 1/2

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 600

Send a message via AIM to Mrs. ~T~
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVrod
+1 for Crate Training

And go to Petsmart and buy a gallon or two of Nature's Miracle to treat the pee spots.
HAHA AND LOTS OF PUPPY PADS. AND MAYBE YOU SHOULD PUT A STUFFED ANIMAL IN THE CAGE WITH HIM SO HES NOT AS LONELY
Mrs. ~T~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my new puppy Busa_Bullet Off Topic 28 07-03-2009 11:59 AM
Need name for my Puppy Cbr954Dave Off Topic 53 11-29-2008 02:13 PM
I Got A New Puppy Nightster Ridester Off Topic 9 08-15-2007 07:29 PM
My New Puppy! Brena23 Off Topic 54 11-21-2006 04:25 AM
My new puppy :) fuknrobert Off Topic 39 09-30-2006 06:06 AM
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2006, 08:49 PM   #22
Btrthnezr3
It means Better Than Ezra

Feedback Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Btrthnezr3
Ok..thanks for ALL the replies! I appreciate it.
He has his favorite stuffed cow and his chew rope inside the crate with him.
I've started pretty much leaving him in the crate if I can't have my eyes on him 100 percent. Yesterday he pee'd in the floor right after I got out of the shower, I was telling him to come on--and he wouldn't come and then he just pee'd. I was so upset. I caught him mid-act and told him no very loud and took him outside. He cries alot when he's in the crate.

For those that told me crate train--give me some tips.
Leave him in the crate most of the time? How much time? (he's in the crate everytime I'm gone and sometimes when I'm super busy--cooking, etc)

He cries, what do I do to stop him from crying?
Should I carry him outside or make him walk--to understand?

I use the same words everytime. "Go Potty"
and I say "potty" while he's doing the deed...plus I praise him and tell him "good potty" also.

He is only 8 weeks old but I must say doing better than my g/f's puppy did when he was young (he's a year now and completely trained).

Another thing I'm wondering--she can bring him home from her parents. I was thinking that this may help since Ace can see Kip (heather's dog) going outside and understand. Plus he won't be lonely. Is this a good or bad idea?

Thanks guys!! About to go walk the little fellar!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:09 PM   #23
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Go to petsmart dot com and read what they have to say!

As for me I only let my puppy out of his crate to go outside,eat or play for a little while! If you let him out too much then an accident is bound to happen and that is a setback! Take the puppy to the spot outside you want it to go in then take him to the same spot everytime and he will then associate the spot with using the bathroom! Dogs are den animals so make the crate as cozy as possible and make sure it is not too big. Dogs won't pee where they sleep and eat, so if the crate is to large it will used the bathroom in a corner away from his sleeping spot! Puppies have small bladders so make sure you don't leave him in there to long. 3 month old pups can only hold it in for 3-4 hours at a time! If you are gonna be longer than that you might want to use a small area ie bathroom floor with a puppie pad! These are just a few tips. Crate training may seem cruel, but it is not!

Last edited by Candie; 09-14-2006 at 09:11 PM.
Candie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:14 PM   #24
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

+1 to dogs feeling safe in a "den". throw a blanket over the crate and cover all sides except for the front. as far as positive reinforcement and repetition with the word "potty", keep it up. he'll get the hang of it pretty quickly
Old 09-14-2006, 09:35 PM   #25
Btrthnezr3
It means Better Than Ezra

Send a message via AIM to Btrthnezr3
Thanks guys...me and Ace just went walking for about 30 good minutes...twice around my whole apartment complex. He is playing and as soon as he stops, I'll take him outside one last time and then it's ready for bed.

In the morning, as soon as I get up he goes outside, then play/eat while I fix breakfast/get ready then into the crate while I'm at school. I come home after school, take him out again, give him a little more food, then back into the crate when I go to work. When I get home from work, I usually take him on a long walk and then to the "potty spot" and then he eats again, naps and walks one more time before bed.

I've only had him for like 2 weeks but he's just over 8 weeks old so I think he's doing pretty good. Just getting him in a routine and not letting him out of my site. I've fortified all the "hiding places" so he can't get to them and all the doors are closed so he has limited area to even play in.

Like I said, heather is going to bring Kip home I think so he should help us train him better (Kip was trained by heather's mom who has 2 other dogs that are VERY well trained). They got Kip trained in like a week and a half.
I think it's just gonna be persistance and with his age.

Again, should i walk him to the door or pick him up?

Thanks guys!
Old 09-15-2006, 01:11 AM   #26
level5
moving chicane

You can let him out after he has done his business in the yard, only if you have your eyes on him. If you are occupied with something else, put him back in the cage/crate. Since it is a puppy, I think about 2 hours interval for taking care of business if you feed him regularly or left the water and food out and he could eat and drink anytime. If you regulate the food and drink then you can pretty much knows his intake.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement