MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2011, 01:35 PM   #41
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychomedicHFD View Post
I got a fantastic idea....lets take it to the track and learn how to keep this from happening again....in fact

April 9th-10th TWS (Texas World Speedway) with RideSmart is coming up...hope to see some of the street "racers" there.
+1 watching excessive speeds on some of the videos posted around here makes me cringe. . .maybe because I was once that type of rider and I know how lucky I was to make it past that stage in one piece.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wreck Scene from Fayetteville Ride May 5th 2013 Blanco General Discussion (Moto Related) 80 05-12-2013 07:36 PM
a Video of my wreck 7-1-2012 Kodak General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 07-21-2012 02:02 PM
here's my wreck video TexasCBR1000rr General Discussion (Moto Related) 119 08-24-2011 09:04 AM
I've got some sweet ideas for a video ... logan5 The Circus 2 04-19-2010 12:22 PM
Fayetteville video Azylum General Discussion (Moto Related) 66 01-05-2008 10:15 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #42
CarlosDidIt

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4-8 months

Target Fixation - I've caught myself doing it before, it is just takes practice to keep your eyes from focusing on things like that. Look but do not stare, it can be easier said then done sometimes.
CarlosDidIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:16 PM   #43
ride-red
Monster

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 1000RR
04 VT1100C2
00 CBR929RR (SOLD)

Glad your ok, don't sweat it most of us have been down at one point or another. Live and learn I'm certain you won't make the same mistake twice
ride-red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:40 PM   #44
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychomedicHFD View Post
I got a fantastic idea....lets take it to the track and learn how to keep this from happening again....in fact

April 9th-10th TWS (Texas World Speedway) with RideSmart is coming up...hope to see some of the street "racers" there.
Or Fastline Motorcycle School @ GSS on the 10th
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #45
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Next time do it like this slow fattie
"You got Waterweld?" Bahahahahahaha

Last edited by Bevo; 03-25-2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:10 PM   #46
floyd600
Grip it and Rip it!!

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Glad you're alright!! I like to see people on the side of the road... I'll tuck in and stick my leg out so I look cool....LOL
floyd600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #47
TexasPsyclone
Leah's

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Honda CX500 and VF1100C (Those were last century)
87 HD FXLR (Gave her up)
03 ZX7R
94 HD FXLR
Cannondale R600 & Killer V900 (1HP....thats Human Power)

1-3 months experience and entering an unfamiliar curve at nearly triple digits... wow! You don't know how lucky you are to have walked away from this! I've had to watch very familiar curves end the lives of very experienced riders. This is a dangerous sport. I'm glad you are taking the incident seriously. I hope you use this as that one mistake that will propel you into becoming a consummate motorcycle rider and discovering the limits of both yourself and your machine. It will amaze you what that thing is capable of. Do it at the track - best money you'll ever spend. Donít for a second think that just because this didnít hurt you this time that something else even less spectacular might not next time! Best of luck in the future Ė Iím glad youíre ok!!
"The average street rider, feels he/she is an "above average" street rider... the majority are NOT. (they think they are, but they are not) straight up. The ones that are, typically don't show it, or don't know it....or are getting paid big bucks for it." - GAU-8
sigpic9903 2
TexasPsyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #48
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:

YouTube -F'ville Gixxa view
Man...that dude on that zx10 checked out on those fools.

Glad you're OK abear...and glad there wasn't a car coming in the other lane.
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:24 PM   #49
brandontx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Quote:

YouTube -F'ville Gixxa view
Why? To each his own but that right there is some dumb . Gravel, pothole, dead animal, piece of tire, oil, rebar, coolant and any of the other things that you see on the road every single time you are on the road will not only prove to be fatal but wreck at those speeds and you won't even look human. The trick to riding a bike on the streets for a really long time and not dying is simple...DO YOUR BEST TO GIVE YOURSELF AN OUT. Most of the time you see those things BEFORE you hit them, but when you are going 160 mph you probably aren't going to see it until it's underneath you. If you go down on a curve at 110mph or a straight at 160mph on a public road your body is going to impact an inanimate object on the side of the road simply because THERE IS ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD TO HIT. You will look like a stepped on bratwurst, your coffin will just hold a bucket of random bits and gravel, someone will post an RIP thread about you that will be only 2 pages long, RACER X will use you as example to scare new riders, your girl will move on and end up with some other guy 3 months later just so she can forget about you faster, your best friend will be selling plates of luke warm BBQ at $5 a pop outside of some dive just so your family can afford to put you in the ground, the Montgomery County paper will dedicate a whole paragraph just for you, and you will be remembered as just another idiot who died on some country road in the middle of nowhere while making an amateur racing video to post on youtube to entertain his friends. End rant.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:56 PM   #50
Blackjack
7Fiddy Ryda

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandontx View Post
Why? To each his own but that right there is some dumb . Gravel, pothole, dead animal, piece of tire, oil, rebar, coolant and any of the other things that you see on the road every single time you are on the road will not only prove to be fatal but wreck at those speeds and you won't even look human. The trick to riding a bike on the streets for a really long time and not dying is simple...DO YOUR BEST TO GIVE YOURSELF AN OUT. Most of the time you see those things BEFORE you hit them, but when you are going 160 mph you probably aren't going to see it until it's underneath you. If you go down on a curve at 110mph or a straight at 160mph on a public road your body is going to impact an inanimate object on the side of the road simply because THERE IS ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD TO HIT. You will look like a stepped on bratwurst, your coffin will just hold a bucket of random bits and gravel, someone will post an RIP thread about you that will be only 2 pages long, RACER X will use you as example to scare new riders, your girl will move on and end up with some other guy 3 months later just so she can forget about you faster, your best friend will be selling plates of luke warm BBQ at $5 a pop outside of some dive just so your family can afford to put you in the ground, the Montgomery County paper will dedicate a whole paragraph just for you, and you will be remembered as just another idiot who died on some country road in the middle of nowhere while making an amateur racing video to post on youtube to entertain his friends. End rant.
That is probably the best and most concise write-up on the truth of the matter. With few exceptions people have to come to that conclusion on their own. The guys that ride like that either get hurt or have an epiphany and take it to the track for good.
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:35 AM   #51
brandontx

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2008 Husqvarna SM 510
2008 Yamaha YZ250F

Yes most have to come to the conclusion on their own. I used to ride much crazier and am no saint but I would never ride 160 mph for 5 minutes down a curvy road. I don't understand it. If you were to ask most of these people about taking on other seemingly smaller risks they would say, " no." Screw a hooker without a condom, why no then my junk might fall off. Get my girlfriend to quit taking birth control because it makes her a . I don't want a baby, I'm not ready for that. Keep a loaded firearm within reach of your child. That's totally irresponsible. Drive around with no seatbelt. The airbag would break my nose if I wrecked. Get drunk on a Monday night. I have to work in the morning. Start my own business. What if I can't pay my bills. Risk being torn limb from limb riding a bike 120+ when I didn't even bother to see if it had air in the tires before I left. Oh yeah, I do that every Sunday morning. WTF.
brandontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:07 AM   #52
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Let me try this again.....

Next time do it like this slow fattie <---*Sarcastic Font*

..........Dude, have a coke and a smile

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:13 AM   #53
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
..........Dude, have a coke and a smile
You go to
Old 03-29-2011, 07:25 AM   #54
Coonass
Banned

User is banned

Coonass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:50 AM   #55
FJRmgm

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

some good advice for ALL riders has been offered up on this thread.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #56
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
That is probably the best and most concise write-up on the truth of the matter. With few exceptions people have to come to that conclusion on their own. The guys that ride like that either get hurt or have an epiphany and take it to the track for good.
Even if in the punctuation department fails miserably. Next time, use it, for those with ADD, just sayin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:06 AM   #57
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
You go to
You don't talk to me like that, or next time I will make it a point to not eat at The Filling station

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 03-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #58
CodyGP

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

Fast in corners, slow on straights plz.

I can still feel that 4 barrel breakfast in my system man... and don't forget about the hotties on the wait staff!
CodyGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:43 AM   #59
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

What camera was used on the first video (crash)???

Is that with the "GoPro" camera??
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #60
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapata View Post
What camera was used on the first video (crash)???

Is that with the "GoPro" camera??
Yes

HALFFAST GROUP

Advertisement