MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
And the battle outside the track continues - Rossi VS Stoner

Rossi wanted to move PI date and complained to Dorna and dorna threatened PI ....

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...change-battle/

Is this the end of Rossi's influence at the GP level?

Valentino Rossi lost another battle in Qatar last weekend after it was confirmed the Australian MotoGP race will remain in its traditional October slot on the calendar.

Rossi has tirelessly campaigned to get the Phillip Island race moved to a March slot amid fears that track temperatures in October are bordering on dangerous, with heat generation with Bridgestone tyres the key issue.

The Australian Grand Prix Corporation though, which also promotes the Australian Formula One race, has been digging its heels in.

It has stood firm despite threats of removal from the calendar if the race wasn’t moved to the end of the Australian summer in the hope of catching more favourable conditions.

And Rossi and Dorna were forced into a humbling climb down in Qatar, the Italian admitting the race wouldn’t move as requested in 2012.

Rossi greeted the news with disappointment, but Casey Stoner said the demands placed on the AGPC had been unreasonable.

The Aussie is undefeated on home soil in the 800cc era and he said: “I was disappointed that the Safety Commission was listening to a couple of riders and going off their words that the race was unsafe.

"We’ve seen the same conditions in the early part of the year and it is just as wet if not wetter. In the early part of the year, conditions can be terrible and difficult.

"We’ve been pretty lucky the last couple of years and unlucky because the week before the race it has been 35 degrees and nice and sunny. When race weekend comes the weather turns to . But I don’t think changing the time of year is going to change that too much.”

Stoner said the safety of other tracks was not the subject of such intense scrutiny as Phillip Island and he added: “It is disappointing that they were threatened if they didn’t change.

"Yet we go to a track like Portugal and Indianapolis where they don’t have to change surface even though it is obvious that it is terrible. It is friggin’ 50-years-old and not working and really bumpy and quite dangerous in some areas. But they don’t have to change.

"There’s quite a lot of contradiction to me with a lot of the decisions that are made, but we’ll see how they go this year and see if they quieten down with these things.”

Your thoughts
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prop 8 - the battle continues kibitzer The Circus 236 08-19-2010 03:45 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2011, 12:49 PM   #2
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Racing and politics, gotta love the mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
Rossi wanted to move PI date and complained to Dorna and dorna threatened PI ....

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...change-battle/

Is this the end of Rossi's influence at the GP level?

Valentino Rossi lost another battle in Qatar last weekend after it was confirmed the Australian MotoGP race will remain in its traditional October slot on the calendar.

Rossi has tirelessly campaigned to get the Phillip Island race moved to a March slot amid fears that track temperatures in October are bordering on dangerous, with heat generation with Bridgestone tyres the key issue.

The Australian Grand Prix Corporation though, which also promotes the Australian Formula One race, has been digging its heels in.

It has stood firm despite threats of removal from the calendar if the race wasn’t moved to the end of the Australian summer in the hope of catching more favourable conditions.

And Rossi and Dorna were forced into a humbling climb down in Qatar, the Italian admitting the race wouldn’t move as requested in 2012.

Rossi greeted the news with disappointment, but Casey Stoner said the demands placed on the AGPC had been unreasonable.

The Aussie is undefeated on home soil in the 800cc era and he said: “I was disappointed that the Safety Commission was listening to a couple of riders and going off their words that the race was unsafe.

"We’ve seen the same conditions in the early part of the year and it is just as wet if not wetter. In the early part of the year, conditions can be terrible and difficult.

"We’ve been pretty lucky the last couple of years and unlucky because the week before the race it has been 35 degrees and nice and sunny. When race weekend comes the weather turns to . But I don’t think changing the time of year is going to change that too much.”

Stoner said the safety of other tracks was not the subject of such intense scrutiny as Phillip Island and he added: “It is disappointing that they were threatened if they didn’t change.

"Yet we go to a track like Portugal and Indianapolis where they don’t have to change surface even though it is obvious that it is terrible. It is friggin’ 50-years-old and not working and really bumpy and quite dangerous in some areas. But they don’t have to change.

"There’s quite a lot of contradiction to me with a lot of the decisions that are made, but we’ll see how they go this year and see if they quieten down with these things.”

Your thoughts
I thought of this

she's got your number dude
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:25 PM   #4
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
I thought of this

she's got your number dude
Dood, that is some funny chit. Is that what you did in your last trip to the UK, SHe kinda looks like your little sister.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #5
CodyGP

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR

JT is a douche. Anyone who can't get along with Colin Edwards can off!!!! Rubbish!

Crutchlow seems like a stand up bloke though.
CodyGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:01 AM   #6
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
Dood, that is some funny chit. Is that what you did in your last trip to the UK, SHe kinda looks like your little sister.
speaks like me too huh
Old 03-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #7
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

I do agree with the point about the tarmac in Indianapolis.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #8
JMAC

Bike(s):
Ninja

Maybe Rossi should be called "Moaner", He is obviously tired of Stoner winning at his home track. Seriously doubt Rossi will beat him this year, those Hondas looked strong in the first race
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #9
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
speaks like me too huh
Is she from Bethnal Green too?
Old 03-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #10
wiayeman
TOONTOON BLACKNWHITEARMY

Bike(s):
99 SV650 (race)x2
79 XS650
08 EX250R (race)
14 MSX125
88 YSR (race)

Soft southern shandy drinkers............
CMRA#645
Purple Helmets Endurance Team
wiayeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #11
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiayeman View Post
Soft southern shandy drinkers............
haven't heard that in a while

Advertisement